Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
bloodmother12208

Question Have you ever had a paranormal experience?

This can be anything from your local backyard UFO sightings, to seeing a giant ape in your state forest, to being nearly seduced by a vamp or were, or seeing a ghastly reflection beside you in the mirror. If anything of that nature has occured to you let us know!
bloodmother12208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:23 AM   #2
marrissey

Yes I have, I believe there are two some sorts of spirits that have been following me off and on ever since I was ten years old. They often torture my mind and enter my nightmares I feel. I think I can feel when other ghosts and things are around as well.
marrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:48 AM   #3
ape descendant

I've had plenty of experiences that some would describe as paranormal or supernatural. I saw a UFO once in broad daylight, I've seen ghosties (mostly in broad daylight), I even saw a skinwalker once.

When I believed in the supernatural, I never sought further explanation for the things I saw. Now that I've relinquished that sort of belief in favor of natural explanations, I have still seen the same sort of things, but have realized that the shape of the thing was suggested by natural features in my surroundings. I conclude that this was probably the case with the previous experiences as well.

I've spent an embarrassing amount of time reading about paranormal stuff, from Bigfoot to Resurrection Mary. I can't begin to tell you how many E.V.P.s I've listened to or how many hours I've spent ghost hunting. I never really got much of anywhere with it other than an annoying amount of trivial knowledge about such things. :/

I suppose after all this you deserve a story.

The first time I remember seeing ghosts. I was still a young teenager still living with my parents. I was in the living room folding towels and bed sheets. I was pretty focused on my task as my folks were rather particular about how the linens and towels were folded. For a moment, I paused and lifted my head. When I did, I saw the room crowded with people, benign, light colored, sort of washed out and bright. This sort of freaked me out, so naturally I closed my eyes really tight for a second and when I opened them back up, they were gone. I'd never seen anything like that before or since. It was fucking spooky.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #4
cszer

I once made a charm but because it was made out of a dime i didn't want any trouble with destroying federal currency so I decided to throw it out my car window while on the freeway. The window was open; the charm bounced back in the car.
cszer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #5
Thorn-v

When I was a kid I went over to my grandmothers house all the time and I am pretty sure it was haunted. I didn't think much of it at the time, I guess because kids can be more accepting of things. I didn't think about it again until I was in college when my mom was talking to someone and mentioned that she was certain the house was haunted and that there was a lot of small unexplainable things she noticed. My mom is usually extremely skeptical about stuff like that.
Thorn-v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #6
Gilgamesh

I've had furniture move - not while I was watching but for instance I will turn off the light, turn it back on, and a chair will be in the hall way. It happens often, I'm used to it by now.
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:13 AM   #7
Xombie

I wish! I recently moved out of a house that I was told by previous owners was haunted; it was originally a medical practice in the 1800's, so I can only assume that a few folks have died there. Unfortunately, in the 11 years living there I never actually encountered any paranormal entities.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #8
Jackson Cutler

if you turn the hot tap on in my bathroom it sounds like the pipe is full of dying cats.
Jackson Cutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #9
Miss Absynthe

Then stop shoving cats up the pipe.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #10
BourbonBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
Then stop shoving cats up the pipe.
Bwahahaha!

I was once in downtown Mannheim, Germany and saw a bunch of weird colors all around me, moving in vibrant and fluid ways.

Oh wait, I forgot I was also on E when that happened
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:08 PM   #11
Miss Absynthe

Dude.. I have had the exact same paranormal trip as you have.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:33 AM   #12
BourbonBoy

Get out of my head!
Old 11-05-2012, 05:49 AM   #13
Miss Absynthe

But it's so nice and warm and squooshy in here...
Old 11-05-2012, 08:30 AM   #14
BourbonBoy

Fine.

You can stay.

...For now >
Old 11-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #15
Miss Absynthe

Yay!

/bounces around in your limbic region
Old 11-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #16
Languor

I'm a little skeptical about a lot of paranormal experiences.
We'd be foolish to assume that we knew all there is to know about how the world works; every year we're learning more and more about the universe and its previously mysterious functions and phenomena.
However, pushing the cup on the ouija board around to spell out "OMG tttly spookie i am a goast im gonna eat yer eyes" cheapens the wonders of the world and exhausts my ability to extend belief.
I hate it when someone I know tells me that they had a seance and the table exploded and their dead grandma came out and did a flip and blood shot out everyone's eyes and it was halloween and everything.
I am in no way insinuating that anyone's accounts are fabricated or exaggerated but I listen intently to "the place felt like death" and can only just stifle my laughter during "the cat started talking".

I have some pretty lame experiences but they're dear to my heart.
Once, my brother and I were recording goofy voices on the computer and reversing them for fun. We were in the living room, next to the back balcony in the middle of the night. We played one of the recordings backwards and it sounded so stupid we started laughing hysterically. Right in the middle of our fit we heard this impossibly loud yet gentle man's voice saying something. It sounded like someone talking with the volume turned up right by our ears. We were scared shitless and to this day have no idea what that was.
It sounds so unscary but it still freaks me out, haha.
Languor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #17
AshleyO

Hey. One time I saw a ghost AND I saw Jesus Christ when I was a kid.

Y'all will just have to take my word on it.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:56 PM   #18
lotan

Roaring Evil at the Rest Stop

Years ago when I was an undergraduate, my best friend and I drove about 250 miles north, in the early evening to pick up a PC that a good friend of mine's dad built for me. This was 1989 and PC's were all the rage. We got a late start driving back to school and we decided to stop at a rest stop and take a short nap. All of a sudden we both woke up at the same time, we unreclined our seats at the same time without saying a word, I put the keys in the ignition and started the car and peeled out of the rest stop and we didn't speak for five minutes; I'm not sure we breathed. What traveled through my car wasn't there for me or for him; we just happened to be in its way. It was something on a travel to somewhere and whatever it was it was the most pure evil, sickest feeling I had ever felt to that date. Depending on one's belief system, I liken demons as beings with a mission all their own and they have a memory as well. This one didn't forget us. It visited us again the following new years eve as we both woke up screaming in the middle of the night with the same nightmare. It was so frightening my friends father came running with a shotgun. Then recently again, but this time only me and not my friend. I just did my best to ignore it and believe it or not it just departed. You just know a feeling of something/someone; especially with something like that. Damned thing better not read this.
lotan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:13 AM   #19
Miss Absynthe

I learned very early on in nursing that when someone tells you that they were talking to their spouse/family member/friend/parent etc.. that you check to make sure that the person that they were talking to is still alive.

This is often a sign that the patient is about to die.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:14 AM   #20
Miss Absynthe

Oh.. and I don't believe in ghosts. But hospitals are haunted as fuck.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #21
lotan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
Oh.. and I don't believe in ghosts. But hospitals are haunted as fuck.
Yeah; you die and you go into a hole in the ground or a get burned to a crisp and put in an urn.
lotan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:11 PM   #22
Miss Absynthe

Unless you don't.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #23
taintedparadise

Jealous never had or seen anything that could be considered paranormal but my mother on the other hand thinks she's seen a few things
taintedparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #24
Languor

get off the internet dad no one wants your pizza
Languor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #25
Lady_Ligeia

My life is a paranormal experience... (Literally.)
Lady_Ligeia is offline   Reply With Quote