Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:34 PM   #26
sibyl vane.

I'm pretty much the same. But I have a variety of distracting mannerisms in real life so I'm generally perceived differently.

Anyway, I don't care about assholes so much as I do about RL people finding my posts, honestly.
sibyl vane. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:41 PM   #27
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibyl vane. View Post
Anyway, I don't care about assholes so much as I do about RL people finding my posts, honestly.
Why?

Go for it trigger, it can't really hurt, and might help.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:12 PM   #28
Pineapple_Juice

I'm a lot meaner online than in real life. It's not that I think people are less stupid in the real world, it's just that I tend to hold back out of courtesy.
Even if you get someone telling you that you're retarded when you're asking for advice doesn't mean they're not helping. Maybe you are retarded and you need to figure that out before your problems can get better.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:31 PM   #29
gothicusmaximus

Quantify what a loathsome shit you are in reality, and raise your shittiness to the fifth power. That's how loathsome of a shit you seem to everyone on gothic.net.
By syllogism, I really am one of the worst people imaginable, but on gothic.net I seem like a sociological wonder.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:02 PM   #30
d0p3y

I am an asshole online, and i am an asshole offline. I am pretty much the same person.

I like Gnet because people here are "much" more educated than my RL group of friends which to be honest are just sociopathic drug addicts. so i can come here to feed that side of me that people in my RL can't. so we are all here because we want something different than in RL. to be looked in another light. IMHO

I love you all even though your all assholes ^__^.

"No todo es blanco o negro, es gris todo depende del matiz..."
(Mago de oz)

"your life does not belong to you, it belongs to the people that love you."
(incognito)

"laying to ones self, is laying to the world"
(incognito)

"El que por su gusto muere, hasta la muerte le sabe."
(incognito)
d0p3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:36 PM   #31
Apathy's_Child

The reason people get so butthurt about others being mean to them online is their failure to realize that this isn't real social interaction. Even the long-term members don't really KNOW each other, leaving aside those with IRL friendships. A lot of people don't realize that and come here looking for a level of friendship that just isn't possible on an internet forum, and harsh as it sounds, it gets annoying for those who just come here to debate, find music/movie recommendations & take the piss out of each other.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:26 AM   #32
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
The reason people get so butthurt about others being mean to them online is their failure to realize that this isn't real social interaction. Even the long-term members don't really KNOW each other, leaving aside those with IRL friendships. A lot of people don't realize that and come here looking for a level of friendship that just isn't possible on an internet forum, and harsh as it sounds, it gets annoying for those who just come here to debate, find music/movie recommendations & take the piss out of each other.
Is this your way of telling me it's over?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:53 AM   #33
ape descendant

My opinions are the same online and in person. My methods of delivery differ slightly...

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #34
donmara

this thread is gay
donmara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:00 PM   #35
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Is this your way of telling me it's over?
It's be hilarious if we actually got together over a beer, sat in silence trying to think of something to say to fill the howling vaccuum in between awkward exchanges, then both walked away going, "dude, that is one dull motherfucker".

Old 05-27-2010, 01:27 PM   #36
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
It's be hilarious if we actually got together over a beer, sat in silence trying to think of something to say to fill the howling vaccuum in between awkward exchanges, then both walked away going, "dude, that is one dull motherfucker".
I've done internet meetups before in my youth, they aren't awkward after the first couple of minutes. Fuck beer though, I rock the tap water.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:38 PM   #37
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Fuck beer though, I rock the tap water.
We just aren't meant to be, my darling. Maybe in another world, another lifetime..... But we are doomed to this life, in this world. I NEED THE BEER.

I'm sorry.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:19 PM   #38
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
Quantify what a loathsome shit you are in reality, and raise your shittiness to the fifth power. That's how loathsome of a shit you seem to everyone on gothic.net.
By syllogism, I really am one of the worst people imaginable, but on gothic.net I seem like a sociological wonder.
That's pretty loathsome. I'm sort of impressed.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:21 PM   #39
Aska

I'd say prior to me succumbing to social networking sites, I was really shy and reserved online and offline. Running into all of the trolls on those places really helped shape me into an arsehole. Though, online my flaming is not censored or tamed. Offline, sometimes it is; just depends on the person. I'm still shy and reserved upon first meeting new people but once I warm up I let some of my guard down.
Aska is offline   Reply With Quote