Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-12-2006, 04:54 PM   #1
six_inch_heels

introduction to my life...

hello...I've never really been good at follow any sort of guidelines on how to set things out so I will just talk randomly a bit.
I'm currently staying in the UK...though I don't know how long that will last...I moved here at the beginning of the year from South Africa.
I generally listen to any type of music, I tend to prefer random songs from different bands. I like reading comics and writing them :P...i really like works by Jhonen Vasquez...I'm into art and computer graphics...I don't tend to watch television all that often though sometimes I catch the really late night movies. I enjoy the older, artsy type films rather than the newer releases. Among my favourite movies are Edward Scissorhands, Captain Corelli's Mandolin and the Lion King.
I don't really stereotype myself as anything...i just like to dress up.
My thoughts don't really flow coherently so this introduction is rather strange...sorry.
Please feel free to ask me any questions...er i realise I've forgotten a few things...if you really want to know I'm happy to tell you.
Hope you enjoyed this brief glimpse into my life.
six_inch_heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 05:04 PM   #2
Sobeh

I'm sure I'll get to know you as you write more on the forums, which I look forward to. Welcome!

I wonder, since you prefer random songs, are your favourites those with a certain sound or theme, or is it a truly random taste you've developed?
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 03:41 AM   #3
six_inch_heels

just truly random taste I guess...I'll like one song from a band and be in complete agony if I listen to anything else of theirs...I'm just weird that way...thank you for the welcome!
six_inch_heels is offline   Reply With Quote