Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-03-2012, 03:18 AM   #6901
Apathy's_Child

Oh, there was mutual comfort. Don't worry, we're total bros-for-life. He was actually the one who pushed me over the edge by coming and putting his chin on my knee and looking up at me with those damn eyes, the way they do. That look that's like "Hey! What's up? Why you mad dude? Wanna get some chicken? I'd love some fucking chicken... hey don't do that! Why you cry? Don't be sad. I love you and I love your hand. It's awesome." [lick]

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:22 AM   #6902
MissCheyenne

I miss our dog. He lives with my brother now as he was just too hyperactive all the time for us to keep here, we just didn't have the space for all his antics. He's happy at my brothers though, he gets plenty of fuss and walks and a massive garden to run around in. We might get another dog at some point though, hopefully.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:31 AM   #6903
Apathy's_Child

That sucks. I guess it's nice that you can still visit him, though.

Old 02-03-2012, 03:35 AM   #6904
MissCheyenne

He's a lot happier at my brothers. There's space for him and a huge garden that he can lord it up in. Plus it's not as busy traffic wise so it's a bit safer for him when he goes off on one of his adventures. I live on a main bus and fire engine route so it was always bad times running down the street chasing the dog with his leash in one hand and no shoes on screaming 'FUDGE, get the fuck back here!'

I am your slice of pie
Old 02-03-2012, 03:57 AM   #6905
Apathy's_Child

Yeah, I grew up with dogs and my mom's & brothers' were awesome, but pretty wild in terms of running off and shit - one of them got hit by a car doing it. That was fucking horrible(and my family are Italian, so if you think MY emotional incontinence is bad you should see us as a collective). My 2 older brothers and I had one each on the basis that we were responsible for looking after our own, and although we were pretty good about walking, toilet training and all that jazz, we didn't really know shit about the importance of training. You definitely did the right thing relocating yours if he was given to breaks for freedom.

After what happened to my brother's first thing I taught Sax as an adult was to heel like a motherfucker. That command does NOT get broken. After having that drilled into him for 2 years I can literally take him anywhere without even needing a lead. I still use one if there's gonna be busy road-crossing since better safe than sorry, but he's never, ever run off. If he sees a cat, all I have to do is use The Tone and he just looks after it longingly then comes back to heel. It's well worth doing, although it depends on their temperament - not all dogs are capable of learning that much self-control, god love 'em.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:03 AM   #6906
MissCheyenne

We tried hard to train Fudge but he's......well, he likes his independence. He will come back to heel sometimes but more times than not he will go running off so he needs a leash if he's taken out. He's also really fast, so chasing him is exhausting. It was the best thing for him to go to live with my brother. My brother can give him the kind of time and attention he needs as he's a really fussy dog.

I am your slice of pie
Old 02-03-2012, 04:28 AM   #6907
CuckooTuli

MC knows what's up. Crying over Doctor Who is nothing more than than signifier of not being a soulless monster.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:35 AM   #6908
MissCheyenne

Damn straight, Dr. Who is the shit and a few manly tears are expected when that shit tugs at your heartstrings like a motherfucker.

I am your slice of pie
Old 02-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #6909
Alan

I'm home alone on a fucking Friday because my girlfriend's friends declared their party a 'girls only party.'
This after so much complaining for weeks from both my girlfriend and I that I have never really met them yet.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:18 PM   #6910
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I'm home alone on a fucking Friday because my girlfriend's friends declared their party a 'girls only party.'
This after so much complaining for weeks from both my girlfriend and I that I have never really met them yet.
This is for you
Quote:

The female makes the rules. The rules are subject to change at any time without prior notification. No male can possibly know all the rules. If the female suspects the male knows the rules, she must immediately change the rules. The female is never wrong. If the female is mistaken, it is a direct result of something the male did or said wrong. The male must apologize immediately for causing said misunderstanding. The female may change her mind at any time. The male must never change his mind without the written consent of the female. The female has the right to be upset or angry at any time. The male must remain calm at all times, unless the female wants him to be angry and/or upset. If the female has PMS, all the rules are null and void. The male is expected to mind read constantly and act accordingly. Any attempt to document the rules could result in actual bodily harm. The male who doesn’t abide by the rules can’t take the heat, lacks backbone, and is a whimp.
http://www.smashinglists.com/30-amus...r-differences/

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #6911
Solumina

Dude that is such bullshit, you don't turn things into girls nights at the last minute, especially if someone is bringing their new boyfriend for everyone to meet. I will never understand why some people like to change things around like that for no discernible reason.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:58 PM   #6912
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
Yes, sexism is clearly the answer to this situation.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #6913
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Yes, sexism is clearly the answer to this situation.
It's meant to possibly cheer him up a bit, I know it made my mother laugh awhile back when I told her it. Nothing serious.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 02-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #6914
Saya

Because jokes can never be sexist?
Old 02-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #6915
Renatus

Quote:
Because jokes can never be sexist?
I think of the joke being more about sexism than sexist. Sorry if it seemed in some way intentionally sexist. I'm in a joking mood today, currently I've been watching videos of a guy who goes crazy playing horror games, and a forum thread (on another forum) of things people aren't allowed to do in RPGs anymore, for example;"14. Warforged Grafts are a privilege, not a right. That privilege will be revoked the first time my character says "Go-Go Gadget Pimp Slap!""

Old 02-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #6916
Saya

What does that have to do with repeating the tired old joke that women are impossible and irrational?
Old 02-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #6917
Renatus

Quote:
What does that have to do with repeating the tired old joke that women are impossible and irrational?
If someone is having trouble with a specific category of something, it seems logical to find a joke relating to that category. Plenty of comedians do it, Garrison Keillor for one does it all the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garrison_Keillor
Quote:
In 2007, Keillor wrote a column that in part criticized "stereotypical" gay parents, who he said were "sardonic fellows with fussy hair who live in over-decorated apartments with a striped sofa and a small weird dog and who worship campy performers."[37] In response to the strong reactions of many readers, Keillor said
I live in a small world -- the world of entertainment, musicians, writers -- in which gayness is as common as having brown eyes .... And in that small world, we talk openly and we kid each other a lot. But in the larger world, gayness is controversial ... and so gay people feel besieged to some degree and rightly so .... My column spoke as we would speak in my small world, and it was read by people in the larger world and thus the misunderstanding. And for that, I am sorry. Gay people who set out to be parents can be just as good parents as anybody else, and they know that, and so do I. [38]

Old 02-04-2012, 04:23 PM   #6918
Solumina

You do realize that he is apologizing there, right? That means he realized that what he wrote was not appropriate for that medium and that audience.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #6919
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
You do realize that he is apologizing there, right? That means he realized that what he wrote was not appropriate for that medium and that audience.
I understand that part, and for that I am sorry.

What I don't understand is why it isn't appropriate with this forum, seems like everyone jokes about everything here except for traumatic issues(which is perfectly reasonable). People here joke about religion inspite of religious members such as myself, and I don't mind since I know they mean no ill will towards me. I wouldn't mind if jokes about men were made here, I quite enjoy the red green show's comedy which covers a lot of jokes about men, they even end each episode with what they call the mans prayer "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess".

This reminds me of the confusion I had when my mother used to say that she didn't like me watching the Simpsons because she felt it was offensive to men. My father on the other hand hasn't ever been much of a reference point for learning about comedy*insert strict german joke*.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:56 PM   #6920
Solumina

It isn't just that the joke isn't appropriate on this forum it is that to people like Saya and me that joke will be offensive in pretty much any setting.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #6921
Solumina

I am annoyed with my mother's boyfriend. Not because he did anything dickish or because he anything, he is actually a really nice guy, and not in the "Nice Guy" kind of way, he is genuinely very nice. He is just boring. It has kind of been bothering me since I met him but I figured that my mother has enough joie de vivre for the both of them and as long as she was happy then whatever.

I have now been pushed over to the "he is not good enough for her" side of the fence as she brought up the possibility of him being her date to my cousin's wedding and he responded with no enthusiasm what so ever. He literally said (in a flat tone) "that could be nice". Now if this were a normal wedding then I could understand the lack of excitement, I mean really if she is excited about it then you should fake a little, but this is no normal wedding. This will be an absolutely over the top traditional wedding in India (where the bride's family lives), how the hell can you not get excited about that? For fucks sake the bride's family is hosting pretty much all of us (god I hope so badly that I will be able to be included in that us, and I will hate the Navy forever if timing prevents me from being able to go), including meals prepared by their chef, so other than airfare it is a free week in India where you are guaranteed to stay in an amazing place and eat amazing food. You suck at life if you cannot be the least bit excited about that.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #6922
Renatus

Quote:
It isn't just that the joke isn't appropriate on this forum it is that to people like Saya and me that joke will be offensive in pretty much any setting.
Hmm alright so comedy is basically as offensive as the possible audience might interpret it, that settles the issue of what jokes I should tell.

One thing I don't get is how South park can get away with such things with people still respecting them, I quite frankly took offense at their aspergers episode, and I know I'm far from the only one. It's not like there was some deeper meaning that they were trying to get at, or trying to laugh with aspergerians as opposed to at. It was them calling the existence of aspergers a bunch of crap, and pulling all the jokes out of their ass(in some cases literally) they could about it.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #6923
Renatus

Quote:
eat amazing food. .
Eh my experiences with indian food haven't been that good, though to be fair they're rather rare, and when I hear about indian food choices I have no idea what to choose. I don't suppose you could give a few pointers about that.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #6924
Saya

Quote:
I understand that part, and for that I am sorry.

What I don't understand is why it isn't appropriate with this forum, seems like everyone jokes about everything here except for traumatic issues(which is perfectly reasonable). People here joke about religion inspite of religious members such as myself, and I don't mind since I know they mean no ill will towards me. I wouldn't mind if jokes about men were made here, I quite enjoy the red green show's comedy which covers a lot of jokes about men, they even end each episode with what they call the mans prayer "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess".

This reminds me of the confusion I had when my mother used to say that she didn't like me watching the Simpsons because she felt it was offensive to men. My father on the other hand hasn't ever been much of a reference point for learning about comedy*insert strict german joke*.
Cisgender heterosexual men aren't systemically oppressed by sexism, neither are many many religious people. Depending on the joke though, as gender stereotypes are just dumb anyway. If someone made an Islamophobic joke, I'd call them out on it. If someone made a black joke, it wouldn't fly either. Ableist jokes I dont' find funny either and I haven't watched South Park in years.

And I'm offended by the lack of originality more so than the joke, its just so so tiring to hear over and over and over that women are irritational and you should just humour them, and people who tell that kind of joke usually finds it funny because they believe it. Even women.

PS Solumina, I know exactly what you mean. I don't really care for Mom's boyfriend and she could do better, but I bite my tongue about it.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #6925
Solumina

Quote:
Eh my experiences with indian food haven't been that good, though to be fair they're rather rare, and when I hear about indian food choices I have no idea what to choose. I don't suppose you could give a few pointers about that.
Most Indian food that is widely available in the US is kind of crap, I've only been to one Indian restaurant that was really good (well three restaurants but they are all owned by the same family) but every time I've had home made Indian food it has been amazing so you kind of need to know someone who can cook it or do it yourself.

If there is an Indian place near you that has good reviews but you don't know what to try it can be kind of intimidating as a lot of it isn't just unfamiliar techniques but also unfamiliar flavors. Naan is an Indian flat-bread that, when done right, is seriously one of the most amazing breads in the world due to the lovely bit of char it gets from being cooked in a tandoor, so even if there is nothing else the least bit appealing I'm happy to live off of naan.

BUT before I just start going on about my favorite Indian dishes: what kind of food do you like? What textures and flavors appeal to you? Indian food is very much regional (but with lots of mingling and crossovers) and there is a lot of variety to pick from.
-Carbon Leaf