Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-05-2006, 02:35 AM   #1
selfdestruction

apologies to the board....

OK, i am going to put my hands in the air and apologise to you all....i really didnt intend to upset anyone yesterday, just acase of flame me and i will retaliate,have a go at my wife and i will retaliate...i really am not that bad...so heres a bit more on me...

right....where to begin...

Live in the UK, been into the Gothic scene for most of my life, it all started when i was about 17, met a girl..guys, you know how it goes...altered things to suite her...she was slightly older than i was, really into the UK gothic scene. Spent time with her before meating my wife. By then i was fully submerged into the Gothic scene in the Uk, went from a normal plane jane super brain to full blown Goth. We use the term Goth in the Uk as opposed to Gothic.

First band i got into was the Sisters Of Mercy, Living in the same city where the Sisters originally came from, the Gothic scene was quite strong. Locally we had bands like Rosetta Stone, Sisters, The Mission...We also had some really reallly good clubs too. Dry Ice must have been sold by the tonn!

musically i will listen to just about anything..although my favouret at the moment is a band called 'The Deathstars'.

Movies, same again, i love old classics and movies from the 80's...Logans Run, Barbarella, Smokey and the Bandit.. Dont watch much tv, prefer to read..

At the moment, i have just finished ' The last Templar' cant remember the person that wrote it..books not bad. Took some getting into, once i was in though, it was good. not as good as the Da Vinci Code, but then again from what i have heard the Da Vinci Code is a blatent rip off of ' The holy Blood & the Holy Grail, which i will be starting tomorrow. I have read the Anne Rice Vampire books' but stopped at Memnoch the Devil, as i found they were getting boring. They had lost something along the way. Not sure if Anne was just using them as a means to make even more money.

I have a book to reccommend: Books of the Wreathu by Storm Constantine. Shes a UK author. I think the books are pretty hard to get hold of, but if u can i would give them a try.

I dont really have a favouret author, i find that really limits your reading. New authors are always good to read. If it reads good, give it a try.

Oh, i cant spell either. So just to put that record straight, anyone wants to correct my grammer, please feel free.

If theres anything else you would like to know, please ask...i am really not a troll.

ok, i think thats enough for now, hope you all accept my apology

regards

SD
selfdestruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 02:42 AM   #2
tenet_2012

Forgiven.

Thanks for the whole "I'm sorry" thing.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 05:56 PM   #3
Godslayer Jillian

I liked your apology, and your new introduction, and above all, I love the fact that you have read Wraeththu.
Androgynous magicians rule!

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 10:02 AM   #4
WolfMoon

SD, you and the wifey are always welcome.

WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote