Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 06-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
Despanan

RadfemHub (Saya)

Yo have you seen this?

http://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism...hate-movement/

This was linked to me on FB through the second OWS feminist assembly. I don't know anything about "avoiceformen.com" or "Radfemhub" and I'm always very skeptical of "men's groups" and "mens movements" largely because they're composed of a bunch of complete mysogynistic idiots with martyr complexes.

I'm also of the mind: "Wow you found people acting like fucktards on a web forum. Bravo. Are you going to give us hard evidence that the sky is blue or humans have blood next?"

Still the article is being talked about, so I would be interested to hear your opinion on this, as well as some of the posts they published.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
Murder.Of.Crows

I am sticking with the mentality that someone found people blowing off stress and anger acting like a fucktard on the internet. A few of the comments are being blown out of proportion though. In one stance, she was talking about men that complain about feminism and referencing why it's a big deal. In another, the woman made a quick comment about throwing a 9 year old out a window. Which to be honest, if I had heard him say what he did, I can't say my instant reaction would be better.

Anyways, I'm more distressed how the following comments in reply to this article are viewed as okay to say. And, not a single person called anyone out that they are being hypocrites.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
Saya

MRAs are white men groups that feel that they are the most oppressed class in all the world. That's all there is to them. I've met a few people who've identified as masculinists but in the sense that using feminist theory they're trying to construct an non-oppressive idea of masculinity.

And yeah, it looks like its blowing off steam. I only read a few but I understand getting angry that no one wants to tell a kid who's forcing himself on another kid to back off, of course its the fact that the little girl is a slut.

Also, radfems often use hyperbole to get their point across. They mention the author of The SCUM Manifesto, and that's a good example. The Military Strategy Of Women And Children is another. It was more common in second wave zines and such. Its not a method I like to employ because its hard to "get" just by reading it without any context or knowing where it came from, and off course MRAs masturbate when they find it.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #4
Jonathan

Having worked with a dude that was / is involved in such a group, Saya is not using hyperbole when she says these guys literally believe themselves to not just be oppressed, but the MOST oppressed demographic.

Some of them may have legitimately had raw deals handed to them in divorce court or whatever, but for some reason people like to believe they are victims of an organized conspiracy rather than just someone that something lousy happened to. In a way, I think it is as much a coping mechanism as it is letting off steam. If they can convince themselves that they really are victims, then they can deflect personal accountability for the state of their lives. It isn't their fault their lives suck, its because the deck is stacked against them!

Have you noticed a delicious overlapping cross section of MRA members and Libertarian / Ron Paul End the Fed types?
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote