Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:29 AM   #1
DeathToLems

What does your handbag look like?

I want to get a new handbag but it has to be able to hold all my junk that sometimes include my lunch.

I've come across this website and apparently this is what is classed as "Goth".
Srsly guys. Would/do you have one of these?
http://www.darkkitten.co.uk/-c-57.ht...djg3i4nntno4n0

p.s I think the heart with bat wings is quite cool but I don't think I would actually buy it.
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:34 AM   #2
Dark Clarissa

I have four handbags. Well one is a shoulder bag. The shoulder bag is black with small red skeletons all over. One is in the shape of a black corset with shaped boobs and pierced nipples with chains hanging off it. The other two are quite plain. One with red flames and one with a small white skull.

I love the "body bag" bag on that site.
Dark Clarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:10 PM   #3
GratefulGrunger

I'd take the Gothic Satin a. It looks very comfy.
GratefulGrunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:19 PM   #4
badteccy

I have a shit ton of purses, but I RARELY use them. I did get an oversized plain bag for my school books, though. It's pretty rad.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:58 PM   #5
Lolly PopMuzik

I've got three: Dr. Pepper and Sweet Factory candy boxes but I have to fix them (solder the metal tabs so they don't break off and line them inside to avoid rust and other debris)

And this cute little box leather/faux croc-skin purse that used to be my mom's but needs some reupholstering so I can keep it for a long time.
Lolly PopMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:15 PM   #6
ApothoKeri

I have loads of various black handbags from rubber to velvet. Nothing really specific (like the corset, spiderweb, etc. ones on that page). Just an assortment of them.
ApothoKeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:28 PM   #7
prophecyofdoom

No matter which of my innumerable bags I choose for that day, I usually end up not being able to close it because it's just a tad too small for all the crap I'm lugging around. Which pisses me off because I'm liable to have stuff go spilling out at some point if I don't close it. I finally found a plain black tote bag that seems to work best at fitting everything in.

Help us to be the always hopeful
Gardeners of the spirit
Who know that without darkness
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
prophecyofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:43 PM   #8
emeraldlonewoulf

heh. I don't carry purses. I always lose them and they are the excuse everyone else uses to ask you to carry things for them. 'Just put it in your purse!"

I carry a wallet. I've carried a wallet since I was 12. And no, just because I'm female and carry a wallet instead of a purse DOESN'T MEAN I"M LESBIAN!!! (sorry, bit of a rant there, i've just gotten that reaction so many times :P)

however, I do carry a book bag from time to time, it is just standard black canvas, with two partitions inside for papers and binders and such.

If i WERE to carry a purse, say, a clutch bag for an evening out, I'd like to have a little black coffin shaped one, covered in satin. Simple design, nothing over the top, but just a little out of the ordinary. With a tiny chain strap, and one of those little twisty metal clasps.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:36 PM   #9
GratefulGrunger

Talking

So, do I still fit in this forum :P
GratefulGrunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:33 PM   #10
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulGrunger

So, do I still fit in this forum :P
Hey, not too shabby! Knit it yourself?

What kind of fucktard would call you a lesbian based on not having a purse? :P
Old 03-10-2008, 05:55 PM   #11
emeraldlonewoulf

The same ones that think a person is a lesbian because she knows how to turn a wrench and fix cars, or because she can drive a 4x4 truck, or because she's worked construction, or because she doesn't wear makeup and primp her hair everyday, or because she does wear steel toed Doc Martens and guys jeans, or can discuss mathematics or politics with a degree of sense. Or maybe it is a combination of these things, NONE of which have anything to do with sexuality.

I've had this happen in a couple ways, either speculation behind my back from guys and straight females that i hear whispered, or from someone else, (eventually someone asks, or asks about family, etc), or getting hit on by girls. Flattered, but no thanks. /end rant :P

question:
Quote:
answer:
Quote:
Old 03-10-2008, 06:01 PM   #12
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldlonewoulf
The same ones that think a person is a lesbian because she knows how to turn a wrench and fix cars, or because she can drive a 4x4 truck, or because she's worked construction, or because she doesn't wear makeup and primp her hair everyday, or because she does wear steel toed Doc Martens and guys jeans, or can discuss mathematics or politics with a degree of sense. Or maybe it is a combination of these things, NONE of which have anything to do with sexuality.

I've had this happen in a couple ways, either speculation behind my back from guys and straight females that i hear whispered, or from someone else, (eventually someone asks, or asks about family, etc), or getting hit on by girls. Flattered, but no thanks. /end rant :P
God, I've never been more glad to be out of high school.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:38 PM   #13
emeraldlonewoulf

ha ha! The sad thing is, I had a steady BF in highschool, that I ended up being married to for six years. Nobody in highschool ever thought that, this is all stuff that has happened in the eight years since then

question:
Quote:
answer:
Quote:
Old 03-10-2008, 09:01 PM   #14
Paigeybobert

My hand bag is my granny's colostomy bag holder thing.... I'm pretty ghetto that way.
Paigeybobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:26 AM   #15
prophecyofdoom

Quote:
I find women like this thrillingly sexy... Aw, are you SURE you're 100% straight? *pouts*

Help us to be the always hopeful
Gardeners of the spirit
Who know that without darkness
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
prophecyofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:31 AM   #16
Dark Clarissa

Quote:

Don't worry about them. Poor dears are just woefully insecure!

But, being bi, I shall join the queue behind prophecyofdoom in case you change your mind. *wink*
Dark Clarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:00 AM   #17
drewsilla

My bag is large, grey and black and has a skull on the side who's mouth zips up. Is awesome!
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:42 AM   #18
emeraldlonewoulf

tee hee. I'm flattered, Prophecy and Clarissa, but you know, great as boobs may be, I love the cock, and just can't see myself switching. /end threadjack

speaking of purses, i think this one is cool.

http://www.ladyhawkstreasures.com/CR2106BK.jpg

question:
Quote:
answer:
Quote:
Old 03-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #19
wonderland

I hate handbags that are shaped like non-handbag things (corsets, coffins, spiders).

I've got more bags than is practical or necessary. I switch most frequently between a black leather Coach (shut up) bag with steel rings on it that remind me a little of S&M (though I believe it's meant to be a reference to horseback riding), and a black Luxe De Ville bag with sugar skulls on the front.
wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:38 AM   #20
Solumina

Hey I won't knock you for having a Coach bag, they make some fantastic stuff (a little expensive but nice).

The bag I use most is my cherry red leather medium sized tote from Wilson's Leather, it is kind of like this only a little shallower, a bit wider and the red is a shade or two deeper, I love it
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:21 PM   #21
Freyia

I love purses. I have an entire rubbermaid tote of them in my closet.
at the moment I have a black velvet messenger type bag covered in various pins and buttons.

and the heart and wing one is cute. I think i would like it better if there was no heart though. lol
Freyia is offline   Reply With Quote