Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:09 AM   #3326
Stabby

The new version of The Producers It was pretty good. I like the original version with Gene Wilder better.

"Don't be stupid be a smarty, come and join the Nazi party!"
Stabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:23 PM   #3327
Aaroneet

Limelight. Not a bad plot, but the ending was predictable.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:17 PM   #3328
HavelockV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
The new version of The Producers It was pretty good. I like the original version with Gene Wilder better.

"Don't be stupid be a smarty, come and join the Nazi party!"
I must respectfully disagree with you there. I found the new version of the film to be much more entertaining. Then again, I am fond of musical movies in general, which probably explains my preference. Additionally, this is the only film in which I can stand Will Ferrell, which I attribute to the more restricted scope of his role and good direction.

Upon their reccomendation, a friend and I just watched Tim Burton's The Corpse Bride, which I had never seen before. Quite wonderfully executed, particularly the technical wizardry behind the puppets and animation. Some of the music was also quite beautiful. I might have to make good on my promising for years that I would get around to watching The Nightmare Before Christmas (a filmwatching omission to which my friends react with aghast disbelief).
HavelockV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:22 PM   #3329
Stabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavelockV View Post
I must respectfully disagree with you there. I found the new version of the film to be much more entertaining. Then again, I am fond of musical movies in general, which probably explains my preference. Additionally, this is the only film in which I can stand Will Ferrell, which I attribute to the more restricted scope of his role and good direction.

Upon their reccomendation, a friend and I just watched Tim Burton's The Corpse Bride, which I had never seen before. Quite wonderfully executed, particularly the technical wizardry behind the puppets and animation. Some of the music was also quite beautiful. I might have to make good on my promising for years that I would get around to watching The Nightmare Before Christmas (a filmwatching omission to which my friends react with aghast disbelief).
I preferred the original more because of the hippy they casted as Hitler. I found that to be hilarious. Plus I feel that Gene Wilder did a better job than Matthew Broderick.

I thought Corpse Bride was an excellent movie as well. I love all of Tim Burton's Movies though. If you enjoy musicals you should see Sweeney Todd if you haven't seen it yet. It isn't as good as the musical for a few lines they left out, but if follows pretty well.
Stabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:50 AM   #3330
Tam Li Hua

"Land of the Lost". It was hilarious, especially if you're familiar with the series. XD
Old 06-16-2009, 05:57 AM   #3331
Zabijej

"the uninvited"

not a bad movie, it's not what you think it is
Zabijej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:46 PM   #3332
Pantherlette086

I watched Meet the Parents.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:43 AM   #3333
Saya

Pale Rider.

Clint Eastwood is God, were you aware? Because I had no idea until this movie told me so.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:13 AM   #3334
Geoluhread

The Lost, good story but the ending kinda sucked..
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:33 AM   #3335
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Pale Rider.

Clint Eastwood is God, were you aware? Because I had no idea until this movie told me so.
Have you seen other CE westerns? The good, the Bad & the Ugly and A few Dollars More piss on Pale Rider. In fact, TGTBATU pisses on most movies ever made.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:13 PM   #3336
Devil's Darling

Death Proof :X:X
Loved every moment of it!
I love your eyes, my darling friend, Their play so passionate and bright'ning, When a sudden stare up you send, And like a heaven-blown lightning, It'd take in all from end to end But there's more that I admire: Your eyes when they're downcast In bursts of love-inspired fire And through the eyelash goes fast A somber, dull call of desire...
Devil's Darling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:37 AM   #3337
Schazmyrrh

The Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. I'm not into robot movies but I actually looked forward to seeing this... still, I like the first Transformers more.
Schazmyrrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:15 AM   #3338
CrimsonPythonidae

It's been a while since I watched a movie but I think the last was either "thirteen", which I didn't think much of, or "The Rules of Attraction" which I liked. I borrowed them from a friend.
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:38 AM   #3339
Needlefeet

Return of the Living Dead 2.
It was alright. I just realised I'd seen it before haha.
Needlefeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #3340
HavelockV

The Bone Collector, a decent suspense-crime film starring Dentzel Washington and Angelina Jolie. Quite interesting how the film intentionally led one to form a completely erroneous conclusion as to the identity of the perpetrator for a little while.
HavelockV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:36 PM   #3341
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Pale Rider.

I'll see your Pale Rider and raise you a Gran Torrino. Eastwood utterly blew everyone away especially what Thau was anywhere in sight.

Recently seen: Amelie.

Couldn't think of a more quirky and entertaining love story. I usually can't stand them but this was fantastic and amused me all the time.

Then a couple of nights ago I saw the movie of Death Note....

I'm going to make an abridged parody of that movie. It was so awful it was hilarious. One could make a drinking game out of how many times someone sees a cliche acting pose or glimpse of poor acting. You'd pass out within the first ten minutes and the whole movie is TWO HOURS LONG. Seriously, it was like they didn't want to give up on it and tried to improve on the story while butchering it and their appeal to Asian movies for the audience.

It's definately worthy of an Internet parody.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:02 PM   #3342
Still Jack

Diary of The Dead. I really liked this film, and I recommend it to anyone who likes Zombie flicks.
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:07 PM   #3343
PutridLily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needlefeet View Post
Return of the Living Dead 2.
It was alright. I just realised I'd seen it before haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
Diary of The Dead. I really liked this film, and I recommend it to anyone who likes Zombie flicks.

28 Days Later, the soundtrack to which is very awesome, Godspeed You Black Emperor and a composer called John Murphy. I shall not banter on about music anymore in a movies thread but it must be appreciated for it's sheer brilliance.

Also, 28 Weeks Later, the lamer sequel. Still awesome because it has zombies in it.
PutridLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:21 AM   #3344
Wingweaver_The_Vampire

Scream 2 :P watched it 2 days ago... Next is gonna be Hellraiser (1987)
Wingweaver_The_Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:54 AM   #3345
Still Jack

Pathology. I loved it.
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:16 AM   #3346
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
Have you seen other CE westerns? The good, the Bad & the Ugly and A few Dollars More piss on Pale Rider. In fact, TGTBATU pisses on most movies ever made.
Oh yes, A Fistful Of Dollars is hands down my favourite movie, I got Pale Rider for my birthday. It wasn't great and I'm in no hurry to watch it again, but I found the religious implications to be hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey
I'll see your Pale Rider and raise you a Gran Torrino. Eastwood utterly blew everyone away especially what Thau was anywhere in sight.
Damn, I still haven't seen that. I meant to go see it in theatres but no one else wanted to see it. Although I have feeling I know what happens in the end.

Anyway, last movie I saw was The Undead, which is cheating because I watched it on MST3K. I realized while watching that I never saw a movie by Roger Corman that didn't make me roll my eyes.

Think I'll throw on The Good, The Bad And The Ugly now that I have Clint Eastwood on my mind.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:15 AM   #3347
GoblinQueen

The last movie I watched was "Labyrinth".
GoblinQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #3348
Sinjob

Inland Empire, David Lynch's most recent film. I have a great deal of mixed feelings with this one but it had its moments.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:37 PM   #3349
SandyTree

Smile

Watchmen.Very cooool
SandyTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:37 AM   #3350
Needlefeet

I watched Pan's Labyrinth last. Diary of The Dead is next. : D
Needlefeet is offline   Reply With Quote