Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #7676
honeythorn

I'd have thought there'd be something to sign really, or perhaps some sort of test or counselling session ,to confirm you know the risks and understand . If not then there should be.

Seems a bit mental that you could sue a doctor, because they "should" have been psychic enough to magically know you were going to change your mind ( if you did )
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #7677
Angelic Dissonance2

Is LASIK worth it...?

Does anyone know...?
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:10 PM   #7678
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
The reason doctors are loathe to do it for young women is pretty much they don't want to be sued if the women change their minds later in life and say "I was young and impressionable! You should have known better!". Fear of malpractice charges actually dictate a lot of what doctors do, its part of the reason c-section rates are so high, might as well haul the baby out that way rather than wait forever and risk something going wrong.
So true, although I have heard that this is less true with military doctors, I don't know if they have more protection from malpractice claims or what. I may have better luck getting this done now, I haven't had a chance to ask a doctor about it yet.

Quote:
Solumina, have you considered depo provera? There are side effects that might make it not worth it, but my sister was in the same boat and went on depo for a year, and it took another year for everything started up again, so she was two years without a period. Bad thing was it made her really depressed.
I wish I could but I have to be really careful about hormones due to a condition with my right ovary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
I'd have thought there'd be something to sign really, or perhaps some sort of test or counselling session ,to confirm you know the risks and understand . If not then there should be.

Seems a bit mental that you could sue a doctor, because they "should" have been psychic enough to magically know you were going to change your mind ( if you did )
You would think. I could understand hesitance performing such a procedure on an 18 year old who has never had a long term relationship but I'm 25 and married to the man I have been with for 7 years, my view on family is extremely unlikely to change.

Oh well at least I'm better now, the first two or three days are the only bad ones, after that the cramps are mostly gone and the bleeding is fairly light.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:10 PM   #7679
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Dissonance2 View Post
Is LASIK worth it...?

Does anyone know...?
I had PRK. Is it worth what?
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #7680
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post

You would think. I could understand hesitance performing such a procedure on an 18 year old who has never had a long term relationship but I'm 25 and married to the man I have been with for 7 years, my view on family is extremely unlikely to change.

Oh well at least I'm better now, the first two or three days are the only bad ones, after that the cramps are mostly gone and the bleeding is fairly light.
I think it has something to do with all those women who had their tubes tied without informed consent in the seventies, and partly because people do change their minds, but in your case particularly, if you can't take hormones, what else can you do? Its just asking you to suffer until they think you're old enough to be really really sure you don't want babies, and usually when people have troublesome periods like that there's usually an issue in conceiving anyway, isn't there?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:20 PM   #7681
Solumina

i think if you have irregular periods then you have issues with conceiving, but I'm as regular as clockwork, just with a really unpleasant first couple of days. My issue probably wont be with conceiving but with viability after conception, I have en exceptionally high risk of ectopic pregnancies and even with a normal pregnancy I will be extremely likely to miscarry. I am at least lucky in that I have a very informative family history, everything that is wrong with me has been wrong with at least one of the women in my family, just that most of them only had one issue and I got a package deal and it manifested earlier.

Also I can take hormonal birth control, just a very limited variety and no period skipping.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-14-2012, 08:37 AM   #7682
Acharis

Solumina, you might want to get checked for fibroids (because heavy insane bleeding) or endometriosis (because intense pain).
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #7683
Versus

Fighting a fire kind of sucks.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #7684
ape descendant

Grrr, fuck you guys... seriously. All of you. You know what you did. *scowl*

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #7685
Versus

So since I've been in the army, I've ran 12 miles with pneumonia, 3 50 pound ruck marches on a broken foot, been told to quit crying from a torn ligament that filled my knee with blood, been forced to stay in the field for training when my spouse at the time attempted suicide, sat in line all day with what I can only describe as drippy butt-pee, and I went on missions everyday for the 5 weeks that I was constipated during my first deployment.

And now they decide an ulcer is legitimate enough to send me home sick.

What the fuck.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #7686
honeythorn

O.o That definitely is perplexing. Then again Ulcers can cause quite severe internal bleeding and puking...

Still all the other things you've had/done, sound equally as painful or debilitating ( hell you can still definitely die from Pneumonia these days ) so I can get the WTF of it all. Very odd.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #7687
shadowynne

mmmmmmmmm butt pee...
shadowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #7688
Catch

Diarrhea?

Anyway, I am busily trying to keep my energy up. I walked all the way to the UPS Store to send a book today only to find out they do not take PO Box addresses and it would cost three times as much as sending it USPS who actually has a lower rate for books as part of some book program.

It wasn't too bad, but it was raining and I already exercised today. There was these two jerks behind me making comments about ROTC in line to pick up some packaging paper and some guy on a bike offered to give me some water.

Oh yah, and the people talking about ROTC said, "They never said anything about ROTC Chicks;" implying they thought I was a guy and then, "Adam Lambert should workout more."

What the hell?
Old 08-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #7689
Solumina

I hate being sick, worse yet Jake is sick too,
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #7690
AshleyO

I got my haircut today...

I asked for an old school 1930s version of a crew cut. You know... a bit long on top, but parted on one side with a severe blend around the head?

Didn't get that. I ended up with a common crew cut.

I really fucking hate these kinds of haircuts.

I'm going to have to teach friends how to do it.

/firstworldproblems

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #7691
Mir

Dpn't feel bad. They treat young (which is anyone under 35) exactly the same way when they go in asking for a vasectomy. I can understand the reluctance to performing that procedure on someone under 25, but 25 and up? I would think they are old and mature enough to have pretty much made up their minds about offspring by that point.

I guess not.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #7692
torako

I don't have a job anymore ¬¬
torako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #7693
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by torako View Post
I don't have a job anymore ¬¬
That sucks.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:00 AM   #7694
BourbonBoy

Found an old sketch and tried to spruce it up with ink and color pencils. Problem is the color pencils were for shit and fucked up my illustration, so now it rests in pieces in my trash bin
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #7695
Miss Absynthe

That awkward moment when someone tells you that they can't be in a relationship with you any more because of the emotional fall out of you going to SA therapy.. but they will still be your friend.

And you want to stab them in the heart.

Or stop going to therapy - because hey, if you can't love me because I'm in therapy, and I leave therapy.. well, that's just simple math.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #7696
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
That awkward moment when someone tells you that they can't be in a relationship with you any more because of the emotional fall out of you going to SA therapy.. but they will still be your friend.

Or stop going to therapy - because hey, if you can't love me because I'm in therapy, and I leave therapy.. well, that's just simple math.
What a cop out. Fuck them.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #7697
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post

Like Versus said, fuck them. If they can't be there for you now, they definitely won't last long against the test of Marriage.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #7698
Saya

Seriously? The fuck? Of all the reasons to break up with people...its like "oh hey you're working towards bettering yourself! I don't like that."

I just came here to say that I realized I only have three semesters left to my general degree, and I'm terrified of figuring out what I want to do after that. But now I'm angry because some asshole doesn't recognize a relationship unicorn when they have one.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #7699
Versus

Quote:
But now I'm angry because some asshole doesn't recognize a relationship unicorn when they have one.
I won't lie, I panicked for a second.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #7700
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
I won't lie, I panicked for a second.
I just meant I bet Absinthe is a relationship unicorn, like you are XD and I can't believe anyone wouldn't appreciate your kind of magic.