Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 09-25-2005, 10:56 AM   #1
Spooky_Gurl

Tim Burton

Does anyone like Tim Burton's movies A LOT A LOT?!?!?!?!?! I am like in love with his movie's. So if you like his movies tell us your fave movie and we will have a chat about him. I like the Corpse Bride and The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Spooky_Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 04:52 PM   #2
Jane13

My favorites are probably Ed Wood, Edward Sissorhands, Nightmare Before Christmas, Beetlejuice, and the batman movies are ok. "The Meloncholy Death of Oysterboy" is an intertaining book, as well. Danny Elfman helps a lot with Tim Burton's movies, though... his musical scores are ingenious. I thought the Corpse Bride was a little flat. I haven't seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory yet.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 08:43 PM   #3
dreamydancer

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane13
I haven't seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory yet.
It wasn't so great. Although the movie was very vivid and picturesque, it doesn't compare to the original. I didn't like the kid who played Charlie. The original character seemed more believable, like you could punch him in the stomach and he'd feel the pain.

Strange, it was Burton's only film that failed to impress me. Oh well, like I could have done any better. As for his other works I can't decide. I would marry all of them. (Yes, I have gone a little too far.) Although I haven't seen "Corpse Bride" which was released on my birthday. But out of all the days in the year, I was lucky enough to feel ill on such a particular day.

"The Melancholy Death of Oysterboy" was the cutest. My favorite story was about the boy who could only breathe toxic fumes. So I guess I'll post my other meaningless opinions and raves later.

~Clan of Xymox
dreamydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 03:50 PM   #4
punkirony

MY GOSH!! I love Tim Burton's work. He's never failed thine eyes nor thine ears yet. I actually watched The Nightmare Before Christmas twice in a row last night. I also got to watch Corpse Bride Sunday night and I'm going to go to the Theatre in a few hours to see it again. Cute movie. OH! And Edward Scissorhands is so cool. It was my introduction to Johnny Depp. Maybe that's why I like Depp so much...
Old 10-05-2005, 02:04 AM   #5
Nocturnal81

Have To agree with you on that. Tim Burton is Awesome. my favourites are: A Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands, the Batman movies, Charlie and the chocolate factory and im pretty sure i will love Corpse Bride too.
Nocturnal81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 02:29 AM   #6
Demonista_Ravenesque

Tim Burtonn films are pretty...but the storylines doesn't match up with the quality of how it looks.

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:10 AM   #7
Defy

He is my favorites director... Oh.... he is an artist

Beetlejuice,, Edward Sissorhands, Nightmare Before Christmas, and Big Fish are cool and effective to me (Chalie and the Chocolate Factory too)
Defy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 07:55 PM   #8
Nightmare_Queen

Tim Burton is my idol! My favourite Tim Burton movies are, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Beatlejuice and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Haven't seen Corpse Bride. Hasn't come out in Australia yet.
Nightmare_Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 04:58 AM   #9
Noire

TNBC and Edward Scissorhands. Burton is an exellent director, cant wait to see Corspe Bride.
Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 05:26 AM   #10
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamydancer
Although the movie was very vivid and picturesque, it doesn't compare to the original.
That's because it wasn't a remake. Look at the titles. Different titles = different movies.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 05:32 AM   #11
Disfunction

I have extreme respect for the man, and I am a fan of films such as Big Fish as well as Sleepy Hollow, and as much as I like The Nightmare Before Christmas, I believe that it receives a lot more hype than the film deserves to be acredited. Don't get me wrong, I do like it, but I don't behold it as a cinematic gem.

I liked Edward Scissorhands when I saw that. I should probably watch it again in more pleasant company than in the past, however. Against what seems to be a more popular view, I loved Charlie and The Chocolate Factory much more than Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, be it for the content, the way it drew my attention deficit personality in, and even the way they incorporated a variety of genres into the Oompa Loompa songs; the Anyway, he's probably one of my favourite directors... and that's all my hangover can take. I'd lie down, but I have to take a train, and flirt with a pretty girl from just down the hall.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 01:04 PM   #12
can't_think_now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunction
I have extreme respect for the man, and I am a fan of films such as Big Fish as well as Sleepy Hollow, and as much as I like The Nightmare Before Christmas, I believe that it receives a lot more hype than the film deserves to be acredited. Don't get me wrong, I do like it, but I don't behold it as a cinematic gem.
^ i agree 100%. Did you all know that Tim Burton worked on Disney's The Fox and the Hound? Another random fact is that Marilyn Manson tried out for the part of Willy Wonka in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory I'm full of useless information. I have way too much free time...
post script thingie: I'm one of them obsessed/posessed fans too :grin:
can't_think_now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 11:58 AM   #13
The Diceman

Manson did that... cool... would have been less scary than the one at the minute....
The Diceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 06:34 PM   #14
bitter beauty

I love all of his movie ;

The Island of Doctor Agor
Stalk of the Celery
Vincent
Luau
Hansel and Gretel
Faerie Tale Theatre
Frankenweenie
Pee-wee's big adventure
Alfred Hitchcock presents
Beetle Juice
Batman
Edward Scissorhands
Batman Returns
ed Wood
Mars Attack
Big Fish
Sleepy Hollow
The world of Stainboy
Charlie and the Chocolate factory
Corpse Bride

So, did I miss any movie? O, yea' Planet of the Apes, I haven't watch the movie, my dad bought the DVD and lost it. He told me he hated the movie. idk
bitter beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 01:37 PM   #15
Nardol

I like The Nightmare Before Christmas. It had kidnapping and deadly nightshade and life-creating scientists and such.
Nardol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 04:04 PM   #16
Loy

Sorry, but Tim Burton post "Ed Wood"=worthless hack. He simply hasn't had anything to say since the two Ed films ("Scissorhands" and "Wood"), and his "style" has become nothing more than a stylistic tic used to sucker in fans who are too syncophantic to realise that they're being duped into fandom.

My 2 cents.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:40 PM   #17
Jane13

Even though I am a fan, I kind of agree... he pulls his style from really good expressionist films like Cabinet of Dr.Kaligary and Nosferatu(1922). He also borrows from Edward Gorey, and I don't think he'd be as popular if he didn't have Danny Elfman, even though they did't work together on Ed Wood. Still like him anyway, though...
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 07:18 PM   #18
mortalitas incomitatus

have to say i do love a good burton film.
once or twice i have been disapointed but the number of times he has amazed me makes up for the few misses he does have.

Vincent is by far his best piece of work.
And that is not up for debate!!!
hahahaha.

Lovin'it.

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 07:20 PM   #19
mortalitas incomitatus

oh and i cant wait to see the corpse bride.
23rd of october in oz.
counting the days.....

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 10:43 PM   #20
black_rose

Smile Nightmare Before Christmas is the best movie of all time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky_Gurl
Does anyone like Tim Burton's movies A LOT A LOT?!?!?!?!?! I am like in love with his movie's. So if you like his movies tell us your fave movie and we will have a chat about him. I like the Corpse Bride and The Nightmare Before Christmas.
I'm seriously in love with the Nightmare Before Christmas. I've loved it since I was like 4 years old. I haven't seen Corpse Bride yet but i'm dying to get to the movie theater to see it.
black_rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 12:44 AM   #21
nonfatsuperjesus

I love Scissorhands and Returns the best.... like Sam Raimi, Tim Burton's older work is far superior to his newer stuff
nonfatsuperjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 10:52 PM   #22
Alkali Angel

*I love Tim Burton's fantastical mind. My three favorite things : Tim Burton's dark vision, Johnny Depp's acting abilities and Danny Elfman's unbelievable soundtracks.. what better? Therefore Sleepy Hollow has to be by far my favorite Tim Burton film, it represents so much in my life that i hold dear to me... cheesy, sorry.*
Alkali Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 11:23 AM   #23
Nemesis

Ive seen corpse bride, but i havent seen nightmare before christmas so i cant compare, i wanna see it though
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 01:56 AM   #24
thetiesonyourcorset

i've just recently seen The Nightmare Before Christmas and i love it!! i bought it on dvd last friday!! I really wanna see The Corpse Bride!!!
thetiesonyourcorset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 09:23 AM   #25
NightwishCobain

Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, Corpse Bride, IS CLASS, I LOVES IT SO MUCH lol1
NightwishCobain is offline   Reply With Quote