Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:23 AM   #1
Dead Angel

Gothic Makeup. What colors would I encounter?

I'd like to ask family (or myself) to get a gothic makeup kit by my birthday on March 15th.

I'd like to know what colors my traincase would be holding - and what colors of what makeup supplies to go after.

I know I'm going to need a blush to turn my face whiter, or possilbly something that can be applied to my arms/face to turn it whiter. (I'm half Irish and as white as Conan O'brian. but it can go as dark as a mexican (or so I'm reminded from my youth.)

Anyways, any help would be appricated.
Dead Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:57 AM   #2
TopHaggardDoll

you mean...foundation.
Blush is to add colour to your cheeks....which is the opposite effect of what you want.

as for colour, I dunno....black, grey, white, various shades of purple and red. Jewel tones of colours like green and blue.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:40 AM   #3
korinna5555

Gothic makeup?! I didn't know Bauhaus had a makeup line! ...LOL

Revlon-really nice eyeshadow.. I have a compact with purples
Almay-foundation that blends in with your skin tone
Physician's Formula--has a great mineral powder that is super light
Additionally, all of those brands aren't animal tested.

As for colors, any you like.
I prefer dark muted jewel tones, charcoal (I mix black with grey), and this dark sage green I have.....
Old 11-13-2007, 05:56 AM   #4
wonderland

You're really better off sticking to the colors that are flattering on you, than trying to assemble at random the gothiest train case of them all. Some people look awesome in red eyeshadow, and some people look ill and strung out. So it really depends on your eye and hair colors, as well as your skin tone. Dark eyeliner is probably a given, with black being the obvious choice. You can also play with eggplant or sage, if your eyes are brown or hazel, or a very dark bronze, if they're blue or green. Possibilities are endless.

Also, please don't put foundation on your arms.
wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:44 AM   #5
chelseagirl

Why would you want to turn your skin white? Please don't do that, it's quite lame. I wear all different colors of eyeshadow, but the ones I wear the most are yellow, red, and silver. Really, you need to stick with whatever looks good with your skintone and hair color. Do you have a Sephora or a MAC store nearby? They are great to go into and try out different stuff. Or, just a regular department store's makeup counters will let you try different shades out.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:54 AM   #6
electrosexual

Google "goth makeup"
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:58 PM   #7
Blindness is Black

I mostly stick with lots of black mascara, eyeliner, and dark jewel-tone eyeshadow. Red works really well for my skin tone (I'm Asian). If you have pale skin, I'd recommend a deep, vibrant blue or violet.

As for skin--too much tanning can be avoided with a sunscreen and hat. I don't usually use foundation, because it makes me feel like I'm wearing a mask and I'm afraid to touch my face; but if you really need it to lighten a tan, try one of those liquid-to-powder things?
Blindness is Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:42 PM   #8
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderland
Also, please don't put foundation on your arms.
LOL! I forgot to say that.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:37 AM   #9
ysardis69

what to wear

I think purples and grees look lovely together but you should get tones that go well with you depending on how dark you wanna go . As well as wat your wearing like me i wear greys and blacks and mix in dark pinks and greens or puples. Decide what you think would look good on you...ANd also think of colours you like that would set your mood.
ysardis69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:23 PM   #10
Graveyard.Crow

I personally don't think that white faces are lame. If I wear any foundation I look nearly white, and if done right it doesn't look lame at all. It only looks lame if you use crappy clown shit, especially if you are not that white to begin with. But you are, or so you say, so go for it.