Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
Chris_Morey

Thumbs up Black Labyrinth Book II: Joe R. Lansdale Kickstarter starts Tuesday, October 8th

On Tuesday, October 8th at 10:00AM PST we will be launching the Kickstarter campaign for Joe R. Lansdale's Black Labyrinth Book II illustrated by artist Santiago Caruso. The campaign will enable us to make the book an unforgettable work of art, from Joe R. Lansdale's writing, Santiago's provocative illustrations, a new level of interior design and will enable us to have the book printed at a new printer based in the Portland area with an offset press. If the Kickstarter is a success the project will be fully funded, enabling us to have the book in stock and available in all editions on publication date of November 11th, 2014.

The more successful the campaign, the more enhanced the book will become. For example: Santiago Caruso is ready to create 4 B&W interior illustrations and one full color book cover for Book II (as he did with Book I: The Walls of the Castle by Tom Piccirilli) but if we reach our first stretch goal in the Kickstarter campaign, Santiago will create 8 color interior illustrations, one full color book cover, illustrated signature sheets and will add some nice touches for the design itself (chapter headings, footers etc.).

Kickstarter contributors will receive/be shipped the book at least one month in advance of publication date, including signed limited edition hardcovers. They will also be eligible for exclusive awards such as having a conversation with author Joe R. Lansdale, a self-portrait of themselves illustrated by Santiago Caruso, having a short story written by Joe R. Lansdale based on one of their ideas and much more. Every contributor will be acknowledged on the upcoming BlackLabyrinthBooks.com website and some will be immortalized in the book itself.

Contributors will also be part of the journey during the creation of Black Labyrinth Book II. They will be updated with information from sketches of the book's art, updates on Joe's manuscript all the way to the production of the signed limited edition hardcovers.

For more information on the upcoming Kickstarter campaign or Black Labyrinth, please visit our Facebook countdown event at: https://www.facebook.com/events/237621056390717

We are excited to pour all of our creative efforts into this project, and hope you join us during the campaign.

Chris_Morey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:51 PM   #2
Chris_Morey

The campaign page and video have been finalized, and the Kickstarter campaign for Joe R. Lansdale's Black Labyrinth Book II is ready for launch on Tuesday, October 8th at 10:00AM PST. We hope you join us to bring a new novella of psychological horror from Joe R. Lansdale and five new pieces of artwork from Santiago Caruso.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
Chris_Morey

Thumbs up

This is where the boundaries between the innerverse and the outerverse recede

Dark Regions Press has launched a new Kickstarter campaign to support the creation of Black Labyrinth Book II: Joe R. Lansdale illustrated by Santiago Caruso. The campaign is currently live and can be viewed here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...joe-r-lansdale

Black Labyrinth is an imprint of ten psychological horror novels and novellas from the living masters of horror and dark fiction all illustrated by surrealist artist Santiago Caruso. The first book in the imprint, The Walls of the Castle by Tom Piccirilli has been met with wide critical acclaim and the hardcovers are considered some of the finest that Dark Regions Press has produced:

The new Kickstarter campaign will fully fund a new novella of psychological horror from Joe R. Lansdale, award-winning author of Edge of Dark Water, the Hap and Leonard series, Bubba Ho-Tep, The Thicket, Incident On and Off a Mountain Road and many other novels, novellas, short stories, comic books and screenplays. The campaign will also bring five original pieces of artwork from renowned surrealist artist Santiago Caruso to accompany the novella, including four B&W interior illustrations.

Dark Regions Press wants everyone who contributes to read the new novella. Any reward level in the Black Labyrinth Book II: Joe R. Lansdale Kickstarter campaign will get you a copy of the book. All editions are offered at planned retail price with free U.S. shipping included and discounted international shipping offered along with Kickstarter exclusive bonuses. Contributors will be regularly updated during the production of the book and many will be immortalized in the book itself.

Join the effort and help make Black Labyrinth Book II a reality: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...joe-r-lansdale
Old 10-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
Chris_Morey

I'm so amazed by the support we've received so far. Within the first five days we are officially 33% funded. We still have a ways to go to reach our goal, so if you haven't joined us yet we would love to have you on board. The excitement we have felt from the community is only furthering our dedication to this project. You can join us at: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...joe-r-lansdale

Old 10-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #5
Chris_Morey

We have added some fun new pledge levels for our backers. Now our Kickstarter backers can have their likeness illustrated as a monster by established artists of horror and dark fantasy and have their death scene immortalized in an upcoming book from an established author in the industry. Read more below:

Be illustrated as a nightmare creature by Glenn Chadbourne, Wayne Miller, Alan M. Clark, Alex McVey or Frank Walls!

Have you ever wanted to see your alternate-self from another world? Perhaps a world of darkness, horror and bloodshed? We have artists of horror and dark fantasy ready to create the nightmare version of you.

Artists Glenn Chadbourne, Alan M. Clark, Alex McVey, Wayne Miller or Frank Walls will take a photo of you and turn you into a terrifying creature from the depths. The original will be signed and sent to you and the illustration will be displayed on our websites (unless requested otherwise).

Ready for your transformation? Visit our Black Labyrinth Book II: Joe R. Lansdale Kickstarter campaign page for the full details and how to make it happen: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...joe-r-lansdale

Be brutally slaughtered in an upcoming story from Joe McKinney, Shane McKenzie, Tim Waggoner or James Chambers!

Are you ready for your demise, and for the bloody massacre to be immortalized in an upcoming work of an established author in the industry? We have several authors of horror and dark fiction waiting to write your death scene.

Authors Shane McKenzie, Joe McKinney, Tim Waggoner or James Chambers will take your name, a bit of information and a photo of you to properly describe a brutal, unforgiving death of your likeness in one of their upcoming books/stories. A copy of the book/publication will be signed and personalized by the author then sent to you so you can share your literary demise with friends and loved ones!

Ready for the carnage? Visit our Black Labyrinth Book II: Joe R. Lansdale Kickstarter campaign page for the full details: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...joe-r-lansdale
Old 10-18-2013, 05:55 PM   #6
Chris_Morey

We've added some great new photos taken by friend and photographer Chris Faudree to the campaign page. View some of them below:

Old 10-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #7
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Morey View Post

I'm a slap you wit mah pimp cane!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Morey
"I wanted to design tattoos. I did design tattoos. No one bought my tattoos."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Morey
The best thing about this is the Ghost grandpa in the fedora at the top right, and that's only because he's trying to disappear from the picture out of embarrassment, out of having been included with "spooked up 'operation'" (Joke's on you, Chris_Morey, Operation was disturbing enough on it's own) Cthulhu crossed with Hedonism Bot & Slightly less scary version of Rorschach.

I'd comment on the Stephen King "IT" artwork, but I keep falling asleep whenever I try to look at it. Which is pretty bad, considering that "IT" is a book about a spider that dresses up as a clown in order to force a bunch of kids into having an orgy. You have to TRY to be that boring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #8
Despanan

Frank Walls wants us to look at his rejected Magic (R) The Gathering designs. No Frank Walls, I don't want to play with those, no matter how shiny they make the cards.

The best thing about this is the garbage pale kid in the lower left, the worst thing about this is stephen k...ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz...

*Snerk* what? What? Oh, I saw another drawing of a stephen k-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*head lands on keyboard*

I'm awake! I'm awake!

In other news, how are you doing Chris_Morey? Were you at Penguin a year or two ago? I WAS WATCHING.

Kill Yourself. Or don't I don't care, just don't make me look at anymore stephen king arZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Quote:
Old 10-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #9
Chris_Morey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan
The best thing about this is the Ghost grandpa in the fedora at the top right, and that's only because he's trying to disappear from the picture out of embarrassment, out of having been included with "spooked up 'operation'" (Joke's on you, Chris_Morey, Operation was disturbing enough on it's own) Cthulhu crossed with Hedonism Bot & Slightly less scary version of Rorschach.

I'd comment on the Stephen King "IT" artwork, but I keep falling asleep whenever I try to look at it. Which is pretty bad, considering that "IT" is a book about a spider that dresses up as a clown in order to force a bunch of kids into having an orgy. You have to TRY to be that boring.
I think your natural pedophile tendencies are mixing up the story of IT. Please leave your tortured childhood out of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
Frank Walls wants us to look at his rejected Magic (R) The Gathering designs. No Frank Walls, I don't want to play with those, no matter how shiny they make the cards.
Glad you put the (R) in there. For a second I wasn't sure what you were talking about.

Quote:
The best thing about this is the garbage pale kid in the lower left, the worst thing about this is stephen k...ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz...

*Snerk* what? What? Oh, I saw another drawing of a stephen k-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*head lands on keyboard*

I'm awake! I'm awake!

In other news, how are you doing Chris_Morey? Were you at Penguin a year or two ago? I WAS WATCHING.

Kill Yourself. Or don't I don't care, just don't make me look at anymore stephen king arZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Was I at Penguin? Nah. I've been busy spending what remains of my youth in an office for a publishing company. Been working a LOT, but making some good advancements for the company. Working with Clive Barker on a new hardcover project.

Did you ever finish Nightingale Songs?
Old 10-22-2013, 05:55 PM   #10
Chris_Morey

For anyone who is interested, we are opening to fiction submissions on Halloween to Kickstarter backers only. Find the information below:

Dark Regions Press will be launching three new open-to-submission lines in 2014. After long-planning to open to submissions to the public in Q1 of 2014 (around February or March) DRP has decided to open to fiction submissions to Kickstarter backers exclusively starting on Halloween of 2013.

All backers of the Kickstarter campaign for Joe R. Lansdale's Black Labyrinth Book II will receive instructions on Halloween (Thursday, October 31st) on how to submit their original fiction of horror, fantasy or science fiction to Dark Regions Press for potential publication.

Submissions from Kickstarter backers will receive top priority for fiction considered in the three new lines. Pledge as little as $1 to the campaign and receive the advance submission instructions! This is DRP's way of thanking their backers who have shown them incredible support so far, helping the campaign reach 46% funding after two weeks!

Don't miss the Halloween opening to fiction submissions from Dark Regions Press, join the Black Labyrinth Book II Kickstarter campaign with any pledge level: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...joe-r-lansdale or submit your fiction next year when DRP opens for submissions to the public.

The DRP staff looks forward to reading your fiction of horror, fantasy or science fiction!
Old 10-27-2013, 06:24 PM   #11
Chris_Morey

Thumbs up

Read Joe Lansdale's recent statement on his upcoming novella for Black Labyrinth Book II below:

Currently working with Black Labyrinth to create a book of psychological horror, and well, a little bit of overt horror as well. It’s a novella, not a novel, but there will be plenty of room for shadow and sounds, for whatever it takes to scare a reader. What if there is a prison graveyard on an island for the worst of the worst. A place where the unclaimed go. Those who have been executed or died by disease or old age would end up on this island. Taken there by ferry in the middle of the night to be deposited in the ground like rotten rutabaga seeds. And what if on that island are two caretakers, a gravedigger and the ferry man. And with the remains of all that evil there in this dark, lost place in the middle of a great bubble of sea and wind and starry night sky, something goes way damn wrong.

And it isn’t at all what you think it is.

That’s the premise for my novella for Black Labyrinth. The money for the writing of the book, as well as the artwork by Santiago Caruso, the actual construction and publication of the novella will be, hopefully, provided by a Kickstarter program ran by Chris Morey, the editor of Black Labyrinth’s novellas. If you want to be a part of it, check this link out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...joe-r-lansdale

- Joe R. Lansdale
Old 10-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #12
Chris_Morey

Black Labyrinth Book I: The Walls of the Castle by Tom Piccirilli illustrated ebook edition will be distributed to all of our Kickstarter backers of $25 or more this Halloween! If you haven't joined the campaign yet, only 12 days remain. Take a moment to visit the campaign page at: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...joe-r-lansdale

Old 10-31-2013, 10:40 AM   #13
Chris_Morey

Thumbs up

We are giving something special to our Kickstarter backers this Halloween in the campaign for Black Labyrinth Book II by Joe R. Lansdale: a free copy of the critically-acclaimed psychological thriller The Walls of the Castle by Tom Piccirilli! For more details please visit: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...joe-r-lansdale

Old 11-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #14
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Morey View Post
Did you ever finish Nightingale Songs?
I got about halfway through and was planning on writing a review, but it was stolen by a hippie at the Yippie Museum Cafe, in NYC's LES.

I was alternatively bored and interested. The story about the mold-guy in the basement kicked ass. I'm sorry I didn't get to finish the whole book.

But at least we'll always have the Spiders Chris_Morey.

In Despanan news I have been published (Digitally):

http://www.indietheaternow.com/Playw...brenton-lengel

And should get print publication soon (It's taking for goddamn ever though) and I also got beaten up by the cops at Occupy Wall Street, and long story short, now I have a talk radio program:

http://gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=124689

You should come on sometime so I can scorn you and everything you do.

Big news on the Horizon, and I may be able to reveal my super-secret project that I've been aggressively not telling Gnet about (Because fuck you guys, that's why) but OH MAN if you knew.

So that's why I haven't been able heap unfair abuse on you and yours. DOn't worry though, I'll make up for lost time.

Beyond this being a picture of a TOWER and decidedly not the Walls of a Castle - this is pretty damn good: Very well framed, good use of light, color and I love the blinky star/moon angel devil staring balefully from it's broken body.

So yeah, well-drawn, genuinely eerie and subtle. It's so good it has me wondering how you're going to screw up.

Luckily I didn't have to wonder long:

Joe R Landsdale's bowling shirt contrasted with the OH MY GOD THE LIGHT IS BURNING MY EYYYYEEEESSSS. IT'S REFLECTING OFF HIS BALDNESS AND SEARING MY SOULLLLLL!

It is good to know that the alleyway behind his house is so well maintained though. Good for him.

Kill yourself.
Quote:
Old 11-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #15
Chris_Morey

I might come on your show out of pity, as I know most of your guests will be random hobos you pull off the street.

It's okay that you didn't finish the book, we'll just have to get you something else to read.

Rough news about Occupy Wall Street. Was it some disgruntled asshole cop?

Quote:
I got about halfway through and was planning on writing a review, but it was stolen by a hippie at the Yippie Museum Cafe, in NYC's LES.

I was alternatively bored and interested. The story about the mold-guy in the basement kicked ass. I'm sorry I didn't get to finish the whole book.

But at least we'll always have the Spiders Chris_Morey.

In Despanan news I have been published (Digitally):

http://www.indietheaternow.com/Playw...brenton-lengel

And should get print publication soon (It's taking for goddamn ever though) and I also got beaten up by the cops at Occupy Wall Street, and long story short, now I have a talk radio program:

http://gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=124689

You should come on sometime so I can scorn you and everything you do.

Big news on the Horizon, and I may be able to reveal my super-secret project that I've been aggressively not telling Gnet about (Because fuck you guys, that's why) but OH MAN if you knew.

So that's why I haven't been able heap unfair abuse on you and yours. DOn't worry though, I'll make up for lost time.

Beyond this being a picture of a TOWER and decidedly not the Walls of a Castle - this is pretty damn good: Very well framed, good use of light, color and I love the blinky star/moon angel devil staring balefully from it's broken body.

So yeah, well-drawn, genuinely eerie and subtle. It's so good it has me wondering how you're going to screw up.

Luckily I didn't have to wonder long:

Joe R Landsdale's bowling shirt contrasted with the OH MY GOD THE LIGHT IS BURNING MY EYYYYEEEESSSS. IT'S REFLECTING OFF HIS BALDNESS AND SEARING MY SOULLLLLL!

It is good to know that the alleyway behind his house is so well maintained though. Good for him.

Kill yourself.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #16
Despanan

Quote:
I might come on your show out of pity, as I know most of your guests will be random hobos you pull off the street.
DUDE. That's exactly what it's like. Those hobos will talk for a sandwich, so it's really easy to get them on here.

PM me your info and I'll set up an interview.
Quote:
It's okay that you didn't finish the book, we'll just have to get you something else to read.
Please. You got anything good?

Quote:
Rough news about Occupy Wall Street. Was it some disgruntled asshole cop?
Yep. Though to be fair I was also purposefully fucking with him. He just probably shouldn't have been such a massive chode about it.
Quote:
Old 11-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #17
Chris_Morey

All of us at Dark Regions Press are extremely excited to bring you a very special edition of Clive Barker's classic story "The Midnight Meat Train" from his best-selling Books of Blood (Volume One).

Three signed limited edition hardcovers will be available of the story, all featuring a new afterword and interior artwork from the author.

Read more about the upcoming Clive Barker project at: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...lansdale/posts
Old 11-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #18
Chris_Morey

Signed and numbered prints from artist Santiago Caruso are now available to our Kickstarter backers at pledge levels of $200 and above. For full details visit the Kickstarter campaign page for Black Labyrinth Book II by Joe Lansdale at: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...joe-r-lansdale
Old 11-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #19
Chris_Morey

I'm thrilled to let everyone know that our campaign has reached its funding goal! With under 30 hours remaining, we're hoping to reach our first stretch goal so artist Santiago Caruso will create 8 color interior illustrations (instead of 4 black & white) and illustrate the hardcover signature sheets. Join us for the final hours of the campaign at: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...joe-r-lansdale
Old 11-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #20
Chris_Morey

If you have yet to join our Kickstarter campaign for Black Labyrinth Book II by Joe R. Lansdale illustrated by Santiago Caruso, today is the best day to do it. With only 8 hours remaining (as of writing this) time is running out. The campaign ends tonight (November 10th) at 8PM PST!

All new and current Kickstarter backers of $25 or more will receive Black Labyrinth Book I: The Walls of the Castle by Tom Piccirilli including all artwork by Santiago Caruso + HD image download of all artwork from Book I! Join the campaign at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...joe-r-lansdale

Thank you, and we hope you join us in the final hours to bring this very special project from one of the living masters of dark fiction: Joe R. Lansdale and an amazing surrealist artist from Argentina: Santiago Caruso!

Old 11-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #21
Chris_Morey

We are only about $800 away from doubling the artwork for the book and printing them in full color from artist Santiago Caruso! Help us reach our first stretch goal before the campaign ends in 80 minutes (at 8PM PST): http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...joe-r-lansdale

This will make the book that much more special!