Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:41 PM   #26
badteccy

Goths ARE pretty scary with their unoffensive and unoriginal style and their Bauhaus listening ways. Teehee.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:39 PM   #27
Duane

Imagine if they made a monster movie about Goths... Gothzilla! Gothra! Blowing buildings up with their Goth Beams!!! Turning people Goth with their dripping Mascara of Doom!!! Annihilating all life with their Goth Rage!!!
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:43 PM   #28
††BlackRose††

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
Imagine if they made a monster movie about Goths... Gothzilla! Gothra! Blowing buildings up with their Goth Beams!!! Turning people Goth with their dripping Mascara of Doom!!! Annihilating all life with their Goth Rage!!!
That made me laugh. lol.
Yes imagine that.

There are a lot of people that I know that begin to act very antsy (sp?) on just hearing the word "goth". I saw that happen today. *sighs*
Oh well. Scaring people intentionally is fun though. :P
Old 12-20-2007, 07:43 PM   #29
Xombie

Quote:
That may actually be a hit.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:49 PM   #30
fiends

I could do that last part.
All life except goth life, that is.
But we're basically excluded anyways.
fiends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 05:31 AM   #31
spoon!

Quote:
"With a purpose full of malice
And a terrible sound
They pull the spitting
High-dentured wires down.
Helpless people on subway trains
Scream to God as they look in on them.

Oh no, they say they've got to go
Go, go Gothzilla!
Wee-oooow!"
spoon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:05 AM   #32
gothicusmaximus

And people say our subculture is stupid.
Without us, there would be no "The Hills"!
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:01 AM   #33
Linen

It probably wasn't even goth kids... maybe a few, but I bet most of them were more artsy-fartsy, alternative, beatnik-ish, or kind neo-hippies. Just because they weren't dressed in bright colors with blonde hair and giggling for no reason doesn't mean they were goth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanedawg
I have noticed that any goth-related violence will receive high profile coverage in the media. But it seems to be no big deal that inner city kids abduct, kill, ****, and deal drugs all the time among their own. If one is to walk the thin line of labelling a particular sub-culture as "evil," there are far more prevalent and violent subcultures available, but this is comparatively overlooked. Political correctness at work?
Rich, preppy "normal" kids get lots of media attention when they commit crimes, too, but it's more of a "I can't believe he would do that! He was such nice, wholesome Christian boy, and Captain of the football team. I don't know what happened, as opposed to when it's an alternative type person, "He was so weird! He must have been a Devil worshipper. I bet the music he listened to made him do it."
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:45 AM   #34
Kanedawg

Mine has...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepthsofSpace
Mine is actually sporting a sleeping nude woman, wrapped in a sheet and her own long hair.

Skull would work fine though. =P
...a pewter serpent's head, and a long sharp blade nestled within. I used to carry it home from work when I walk home at night but started getting shadowed by the cops. Did once calmly blow off 4 huffy little aspiring
gang-bangers. The fact that I had protection helped me to sort of deflate them with an utterly blase' attitude.
Kanedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:00 PM   #35
DeathToLems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linen
as opposed to when it's an alternative type person, "He was so weird! He must have been a Devil worshipper. I bet the music he listened to made him do it."

I fucking hate these people who just assume that anyone who dress different (mostly in black and maybe a bit of eyeliner <_<) MUST be worshipping the devil or some shit like that. And blaming the music he listens too! oh hell no! he did not just say that! Argh!!
Oh so a kid that goes around listening to Rap music talking about living a hard life in the ghetto selling drugs and getting shot at blah fucking blah is ok? and they don't assume he will grow up to be a criminal selling crack to kids etc etc.
hmm uh huh. yea i can just see him right now. Walking down the road with his baggy jogging bottoms half way down his arse because its teh fashion (who wants to see that!!?!?1) with his mobile phone blaring out some shite music, walking with his distinctive cripple limp, talking like a tard which makes you want to scream "talk fucking normal you cunt!" with every syllable he comes out with.

I must stop before I break my keyboard for pounding it with rage. but you get my point.

Wait what was this thread about again? Oh yea the blonde girls. Lawl thats funny stuff. *sigh*
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:51 PM   #36
DepthsofSpace

Quote:
...a pewter serpent's head, and a long sharp blade nestled within. I used to carry it home from work when I walk home at night but started getting shadowed by the cops. Did once calmly blow off 4 huffy little aspiring
gang-bangers. The fact that I had protection helped me to sort of deflate them with an utterly blase' attitude.
I removed my blade because someone heard it had it in there and told fucking everyone and their brother... 8|

Nice, though. Skulls are too cliche. B-)

Goffs think you have to rip off the wings of a butterfly to show your love.

Goths know that love has already broken the wings of a butterfly on a wheel.
DepthsofSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 04:08 PM   #37
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Mine had no special adornment. It was just a survival knife (the kind where you can stash fishing line and hook and matches inside the handle, and was a saw on the back edge of the blade) I picked up somewhere. It's the 12" blade that made people pause.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 06:49 PM   #38
prophecyofdoom

"Everyone in the room was kind of gothy, and we were the two blonde girls in the room scared out of our minds. I ran up to her and said, 'Will you please talk to me'"

...What was she afraid of, exactly? That a goth would try and speak with her? Or that they'd all band together and try to sacrifice her to Cthulhu?

Help us to be the always hopeful
Gardeners of the spirit
Who know that without darkness
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
prophecyofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 06:59 PM   #39
KontanKarite

*ring ring*

Me: Hello?

Voice on other end: Blarararagaryahdayehdahgkdsalhf

:Me: Oh... hang on. Dark Echo, it's for you. Cthulhu is calling.

Yeah... I stole that joke.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 05:37 AM   #40
DeathToLems

Its offtopic but I found the cutest thing ever!
http://dreamlandtoyworks.com/images/...hu_victims.jpg
Old 12-22-2007, 10:40 AM   #41
Kanedawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Mine had no special adornment. It was just a survival knife (the kind where you can stash fishing line and hook and matches inside the handle, and was a saw on the back edge of the blade) I picked up somewhere. It's the 12" blade that made people pause.
El oh well! :^)
Old 12-22-2007, 10:40 AM   #42
Kanedawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathToLems
How weird! :^)
Old 12-22-2007, 01:48 PM   #43
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathToLems
Ooh, me like! That's so awesome.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 01:55 PM   #44
lostintranslation

I must say, that last link posted is quite cute.

As for the original subject of the thread, I am tired of people fearing that which they do not understand. Why can't people simply accept that there are different kinds of people in the world and move on? Or better yet, if they are truly so interested in goth culture, why not do some research about it? There is plenty of material out there. I am truly sick of people judging me because I wear black eyeliner, and own shoes with skulls on them. I am not going to go on a killing spree at some school or mall, I do not cut myself, and most importantly of all, I am a human being as well, and I deserve respect, no matter how I look, what I am interested in, and how different I am from others.
lostintranslation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 02:53 PM   #45
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Um, wow. That is all I can say.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 02:28 AM   #46
DeathToLems

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostintranslation
I must say, that last link posted is quite cute.

As for the original subject of the thread, I am tired of people fearing that which they do not understand. Why can't people simply accept that there are different kinds of people in the world and move on? Or better yet, if they are truly so interested in goth culture, why not do some research about it? There is plenty of material out there. I am truly sick of people judging me because I wear black eyeliner, and own shoes with skulls on them. I am not going to go on a killing spree at some school or mall, I do not cut myself, and most importantly of all, I am a human being as well, and I deserve respect, no matter how I look, what I am interested in, and how different I am from others.

Ahem I'm sorry if this is offending you but I don't agree with you here.

You actually think a chav is going to think "hmm maybe I should research some stuff about the person I'm about to call names at/ throw this can at/ trip up etc etc before I do it?"

I don't think so!

Thats like saying Goths should research about chavs before you despise them. oO
Nah it's alright I would rather not give two shits about a chav or why they act the way they do. My head needs its space for things I actually care about. Nothing!

XD
Old 12-23-2007, 05:59 AM   #47
Opteron_Man

What!? Why? I say this to people who are afaid of Goths,
don't judge a book by it's cover.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 09:03 AM   #48
lostintranslation

Hey, we all have our opinions. I was just voicing mine. I think that hate takes too much time, and energy, especially when it's toward something you truly don't understand. For me, if I don't understand something, I either accept it, and move on without further judgment or comment, or if I truly want to understand, I'll research it a little, and maybe I'll discover that I have something in common with whatever I'm researching, and any prior misunderstandings would have been proven as just silly. I think that people get to strung up on everybody else's differences, and blow everything up to dramatic proportions. If people weren't different from each other, the world would be one boring place, so why is it so hard for people to enjoy other people's differences, rather than simply hate them on the spot?
lostintranslation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 01:54 AM   #49
CptSternn

Let them keep ph33ring us and posting bogus news stories everytime some whack-job goes postal in America. Keeps the scene alive and pushes up ticket sales for all gothic/industrial events across the world.

*As a wise man once said, even bad publicity is still publicity!
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:10 AM   #50
Opteron_Man

I agree DeathToLems, people CAN jump to conclusions about anything they don't know about. I know exactly what you mean, my whole family is that way. (Except me of course)
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote