Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 09-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
kosomoto

So I started making jewelry out of real human bones..

..and it looks friggin sick!

You can see it all on my website www.humanbonejewelry.com

So far I've had a lot of angry emails LOL
kosomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
honeythorn

I am curious as to your source of these bones?
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
AshleyO

...Human bones.

Oh man.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #4
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
FAQ
Q: Is this legal?

A: Yes.

Q: Are these real human bones?

A: Yes.

Q: Where did you get them?

A: Dead people, obviously.

Q: Are my bones unique?

A: One of a kind. Literally.
From he FAQ page on the site..
except that I'm pretty sure the sale of human remains is illegal in most places. I doubt that they are real human bones.. and probably not actually bone at all.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
Miss Absynthe

*the..........
Old 09-11-2012, 08:58 PM   #6
Solumina

It is not illegal to sell human remains, there are a few states that ban the import or export of them but there are no federal regulations about it.

That being said I think a necklace that just has a bone hanging from it (human or otherwise) or two bones made into a cross are just plain boring, I can't think of any reason why someone would buy such a think other than "ooo it's made of people, look at me I'm so dark and spooky", which is just dumb.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #7
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
It is not illegal to sell human remains, there are a few states that ban the import or export of them but there are no federal regulations about it.

That being said I think a necklace that just has a bone hanging from it (human or otherwise) or two bones made into a cross are just plain boring, I can't think of any reason why someone would buy such a think other than "ooo it's made of people, look at me I'm so dark and spooky", which is just dumb.
From what I learn from tv, human bone is pretty expensive, I would imagine it would be pretty pricey to make a whole necklace out of human bone.

That said, you're right on who would be wearing it.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #8
Solumina

One of the reasons why it is so expensive at the moment is that both India and China have banned the export of human remains and those used to be the two main suppliers. Bones used to be a lot cheaper and some places still have stockpiles from before the ban (China's ban went into effect in 2008) and have low-ish prices.

Personally I don't get why anyone would want human bones for jewelry (other than the "oooo I'm so spooky" factor) as animal bones are much cheaper and come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes, meaning that you can get a much more interesting, intricate piece for a lot less money.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 09-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #9
Saya

Even that just makes me think

Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #10
Solumina

Why?spooky spooky
-Carbon Leaf
Old 09-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #11
Alan

'Cause the only bones we mexicans care about is the vertebra to put in our caldo and a donkey's jaw to make awesome music with it.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:08 AM   #12
AshleyO

Am I being a wuss here?

It's human. Bones.

It's not cool. It's not edgy. It's frickin' weird.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:18 AM   #13
Murder.Of.Crows

I find it really creepy and gross. And wrong. I can't think of a single person on their death bed saying, "make me into a necklace!".
Old 09-13-2012, 03:51 AM   #14
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
Am I being a wuss here?

It's human. Bones.

It's not cool. It's not edgy. It's frickin' weird.
My hippie-dippy mother once asked my sister and I quite seriously if we would consider having her made into a diamond, to wear in remembrance after she died. Our reply was pretty much this, with an extra side of mockery. Why anyone but some dumb-arse little darkling trying to be edgy would want a necklace made from a stranger's human remains, I will never understand.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:10 AM   #15
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
The dead should be left to rest in peace. I doubt that the source of these bones actually consented to their remains being sold for profit by some person they never even met after they died. This isn't like the bone Cathedrals out there, where the people specifically asked to have their remains kept. This is more akin to Ed Gein..... a reference that I as a Wisconsinite do note make lightly.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #16
Haejin

This makes me kinda nauseous...
Haejin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #17
Krampus

I had an old friend who actually bought an inverted cross made human bone. He didn't buy it for a 'ooooh I'm so spooky' type reason. Strange fellow. He was into the occult to a large degree, and had some mental issues (I met him because he was my neighbor, his mother took care of him when he wasn't institutionalized). Anyway, he wore it for a day or two, but eventually ground it up and smoked some of it, and ate the rest. I don't really understand why he did this, I mean, he told me his reason, but it really made no sense.

He was an interesting guy. One day he was totally coherent and fun to hang out and talk with, read alot. Another he was dishing out word salad and acting out irrationally, sometimes even a bit violent.

But yeah. Dude smoked human bones to gain occult wisdom.
Krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #18
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krampus View Post
I had an old friend who actually bought an inverted cross made human bone. He didn't buy it for a 'ooooh I'm so spooky' type reason. Strange fellow. He was into the occult to a large degree, and had some mental issues (I met him because he was my neighbor, his mother took care of him when he wasn't institutionalized). Anyway, he wore it for a day or two, but eventually ground it up and smoked some of it, and ate the rest. I don't really understand why he did this, I mean, he told me his reason, but it really made no sense.

He was an interesting guy. One day he was totally coherent and fun to hang out and talk with, read alot. Another he was dishing out word salad and acting out irrationally, sometimes even a bit violent.

But yeah. Dude smoked human bones to gain occult wisdom.
The inverted cross itself is an "ooh I'm spooky" type reason as far as I'm concerned. Hell contrary to popular belief it has nothing to do with unholiness or the occult. Quite the opposite really as the inverted cross is the symbol of one of the 12 apostles.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #19
Krampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
The inverted cross itself is an "ooh I'm spooky" type reason as far as I'm concerned. Hell contrary to popular belief it has nothing to do with unholiness or the occult. Quite the opposite really as the inverted cross is the symbol of one of the 12 apostles.

Something that both of us were aware of.

You have to understand, this guy was a mental patient living with his mother. He had zero friends aside from myself. If we hadn't been neighbors at the time I never would have known he existed. It's not like he dressed up in all black with Marylin Manson posters all over his room. He wore clothes from the Gap that his parents bought him because he just didn't think about things like clothes and image. Anyway, I'm done defending him. On anybody else I would agree with you, but there was just something very authentic about him. Like I said, he was in interesting guy.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #20
Miss Absynthe

Is it really necessary to discuss someone else's mental health in this way?
Old 09-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #21
Krampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
Is it really necessary to discuss someone else's mental health in this way?
No, it really isn't. I actually regret it, but I figure this is all anonymous, so no harm done, right? I wish I could edit my posts, but I can't. Ah, c'est la vie.

I know I'm new here, so sorry to shit up this thread with all of these posts. My bad, y'all. I hope my gossiping hasn't put a bad first impression on many of you.

Anyway, to post something actually on topic, human bone jewelry is a pretty neato idea, but far to expensive to justify.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:40 PM   #22
Valhalla

I don't understand how someone has access to all these human bones. Do you dig up the corpses yourself, or do you just steal them from funeral homes?

I laughed at first, but now that I've thought about it this really weirds me out. Also that gemstone cross necklace is the tackiest thing I've ever seen.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:22 AM   #23
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krampus View Post
...so no harm done, right?
Perpetuating the stereotypes of mental illness and lending weight to the stigma already attached.

Nope. no harm at all.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:20 AM   #24
Krampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
Perpetuating the stereotypes of mental illness and lending weight to the stigma already attached.

Nope. no harm at all.
Exactly what stigma is that? Reclusive people tend to not make a lot of friends? I wonder how that school of thought came around...
Old 09-15-2012, 12:33 PM   #25
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
I don't understand how someone has access to all these human bones. Do you dig up the corpses yourself, or do you just steal them from funeral homes?

I laughed at first, but now that I've thought about it this really weirds me out. Also that gemstone cross necklace is the tackiest thing I've ever seen.
A good deal of them did come from illegal grave robbing, that is why India and China have banned the export of human remains.

That being said there are legitimate sources for such things, much the same way that medical schools get bodies for dissection and in fact the bones from those bodies used by the schools could end up on the market.
-Carbon Leaf