Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-14-2011, 05:05 AM   #4001
Geoluhread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death View Post
Massive spinal cord injury from a herniated and bulging disk in my lower back. Was in the hospital from May 20 - June 16. Finally walking again, with the aid of a cane, and I can drive again too, so it's all good.
Oh God! Glad you're doing good so far. Wish you a fast recovery.
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:03 AM   #4002
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
ETA~ I also miss Rhapsody, DrenchedInGin and more olde members than I can name at the moment.
I miss Tall One In Back, as well as NoD and Medic Girl, too! And I miss Horror Girl. And a bunch of others.

Quote:
Last night I learned that one of my friends on another forum passed away of 'natural causes' at only 52. Natural, my ass! It's not natural to die that fucking young!

Farewell, Susan. The world is missing an awesome lady.
That really sucks. That is too young to die of anything, let along causes "natural".

Quote:
Massive spinal cord injury from a herniated and bulging disk in my lower back. Was in the hospital from May 20 - June 16. Finally walking again, with the aid of a cane, and I can drive again too, so it's all good.
The driving is a very good thing. It's been a while since I noticed a status update, but driving restores a level of freedom I'm betting you sorely missed.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:38 AM   #4003
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Hey, SoD! Glad you're back, hun! *hugz*

Wulfy, it sucks, but I have to remember the person she was, the laughter and tears we shared and the wisdom bestowed from her. She was an awesome lady and part of the SCA in Ohio. She always had her own quirky perspective on things and she could silver-line anything.

Ben *hugz* I'm going to have to look up NoD and MedicGirl, I only vaguely recall some people because there have been a shit tonne of members since 2003! It's really too bad Geisha turned out to be a turd.

I found out that my average for English was 98! *w00t* I was a little worried that it was in the low 90s. My teacher was fucking with me last time in class saying that I probably passed. I just finished watching the last episode of Twin Peaks and all I can say is: Why the fuck was that show cancelled??? I'm going to have to look up and watch all of Lynch's movies, now.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #4004
Beowulf

Quote:
Hey, SoD! Glad you're back, hun! *hugz*

Wulfy, it sucks, but I have to remember the person she was, the laughter and tears we shared and the wisdom bestowed from her. She was an awesome lady and part of the SCA in Ohio. She always had her own quirky perspective on things and she could silver-line anything.

Ben *hugz* I'm going to have to look up NoD and MedicGirl, I only vaguely recall some people because there have been a shit tonne of members since 2003! It's really too bad Geisha turned out to be a turd.

I found out that my average for English was 98! *w00t* I was a little worried that it was in the low 90s. My teacher was fucking with me last time in class saying that I probably passed. I just finished watching the last episode of Twin Peaks and all I can say is: Why the fuck was that show cancelled??? I'm going to have to look up and watch all of Lynch's movies, now.

I havent watched `Twin Peaks` in ages and ages !!!.

Congratulations on your grades, well done Grausemkeit !!!. *Hugs*

Did you ever see David Lynch`s adaption of Frank Herberts `Dune` ?

The Elephant Man was really good too !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:57 AM   #4005
Grausamkeit

No, I avoided Dune like the plague. LOL I wasn't into that series of books and people kept trying to push the movie on me. And you know that only makes me push back, so....

I'll probably be watching it in the near future, though.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:00 AM   #4006
honeythorn

I'm making a bloody corker of a HUGE brooch.

Involving a rusty metal tail from a stylised garden ornament of a cockrel that I found, one of my dried fancy pigeon wings, and... other bits that I haven't thought of yet. Gears or clock hands may be involved.

It's nearly a foot long/Tall, and will look best worn on the left side near the shoulder In my opinion
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #4007
Beowulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post

Involving a rusty metal tail from a stylised garden ornament of a cockrel that I found, one of my dried fancy pigeon wings, and... other bits that I haven't thought of yet. Gears or clock hands may be involved.

It's nearly a foot long/Tall, and will look best worn on the left side near the shoulder In my opinion

Is this the thing you were telling me about last time we spoke ?

How did Titus get on at the vets the other day ?
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #4008
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post

Sounds great! Post pix when it's done.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #4009
CuckooTuli

Sorry to hear about your friend, Grausamkeit. Death is always sad, untimely death even more so - but 52 is young enough to add a whole other heap of sucking on top of both.

Also - Twin Peaks is amazing, although I wasn't so keen on the second series. From what I've read, Lynch never wanted there to be a murderer, as such; he always intended the darkness to be like a force that came from the dark side of the town. but the network insisted on there being "a" killer, and Lynch sort of lost his passion for the project once they started laying down the law. I don't recall reading this second part in info gotten straight from David Lynch himself, so the lack of passion thing could be somebody else's interpretation. However I did feel that the first series was superior to the second, which I felt became far more generic and closer to that which the first treated more parodically - the whole love interest for Cooper thing pissed me off.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #4010
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
Sorry to hear about your friend, Grausamkeit. Death is always sad, untimely death even more so - but 52 is young enough to add a whole other heap of sucking on top of both.
Thanks, hun. When someone's personality shines so bright, it is hard to imagine it snuffed out.

Quote:
Also - Twin Peaks is amazing, although I wasn't so keen on the second series. From what I've read, Lynch never wanted there to be a murderer, as such; he always intended the darkness to be like a force that came from the dark side of the town. but the network insisted on there being "a" killer, and Lynch sort of lost his passion for the project once they started laying down the law. I don't recall reading this second part in info gotten straight from David Lynch himself, so the lack of passion thing could be somebody else's interpretation. However I did feel that the first series was superior to the second, which I felt became far more generic and closer to that which the first treated more parodically - the whole love interest for Cooper thing pissed me off.
I disliked the Cooper-mance, too. The fact that he didn't look at women with his dick was something that set him apart from the other guys in the series. He almost seemed to have a child-like innocence and that was ruined by him screwing the nun. It sucks that the network wanted to push for the murderer. I was looking forward to knowing more about the actual 'darkness' that they were talking about in the forest in the first season. I was disappointed in the lack of elaboration on that and the 'bookhouse boys'. I also wanted to know who 'Diane' was and why Cooper kept talking into the tape recorder to her. Did he have a split personality? Did he really get things in the mail from her?

David Duchovny as Denise was great, though. I also liked Cooper's response(or lack thereof) to that character. I don't know if Lynch meant that character and the general nonchalance of the cross-dressing as a statement about acceptance, but I really liked it.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:27 PM   #4011
CuckooTuli

Totally agree about Cooper's innocence. I also liked the idea of having an essentially asexual character - it made a nice antidote to the constant love interests that seem to be thrown into virtually every film and TV series ever made. Often, they're surplus to the story and I often feel like they've been chucked in as a box-ticking afterthought, so I found Cooper's lack of interest in women or sex to be a welcome change.

I also liked the fact that the trope of the FBI coming in and being dickholes to everyone, leading into the classic juris-my-diction tug-of-war, was subverted, and he turned out to be a nice guy and good po-lice.

I have only the haziest memory of Denise - shit, I'd actually forgotten all about that! Sometimes I wish I could make a theme park of David Lynch's mind, terrifying as the result would probably be. I've actually been meaning to re-watch the series. it's been a long time. Bloody good TV, that.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:38 PM   #4012
Grausamkeit

You mean Albert? Yeah, it was funny when the sheriff was ready to punch him again and then he tells the guy "I love you". I did like the angle of Gordon being deaf, but able to hear the girl at the diner.

I believe that Combichrist uses a sound bite of Pete from the first episode saying "wrapped in plastic" for their song God Wrapped In Plastic.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #4013
Geoluhread

I'm wondering if I should get another ear piercing, since at this point I'm not sure if I'd like a facial piercing in the future (I'd love to have one now, not sure about the future) so my ears are pretty much the only thing I can disfigure :P

I already have a bar in one ear.
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 08-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #4014
Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread View Post
I'm wondering if I should get another ear piercing, since at this point I'm not sure if I'd like a facial piercing in the future (I'd love to have one now, not sure about the future) so my ears are pretty much the only thing I can disfigure :P

I already have a bar in one ear.
Uh, yes...do it.

Wouldn't a facial piercing be like any other if you stop using it the hole will close up...no disfiguration? Just guessing here. i don't have any piercings. My body is pure...save for one tattoo.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:15 PM   #4015
Geoluhread

Virgin skin, eh? :P

Well I'm gonna be doing a bunch of interviews soon, and I don't want to take it on and off frequently. It looks cool for the moment but the more I think about it the more I'm thinking against it. So an ear piercing is a wiser choice atm.

Maybe if I still want it later on I'd get something. A side-lip piercing
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 08-15-2011, 09:54 AM   #4016
Grausamkeit

Also, where the hell did Sugar Tits take off to?

Old 08-15-2011, 01:22 PM   #4017
Grausamkeit

Anybody who wants to send me this for my birthday in a couple of days will be my special friend forever.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:00 AM   #4018
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
I'm going to have to look up and watch all of Lynch's movies, now.
Just don't start with Eraserhead. (I know, there are a few people who will disagree with me.) It's just that Eraserhead was the first Lynch film I encountered (on a friend's recommendation.) It freaked me out a little and put me off of Lynch's films for a while. But other films by him (and others ... I'm thinking some oddball indies like Repo Man and The Brother From Another Planet) warmed me up to the subject, and I'll need to revisit that film soon.

I really like Blue Velvet. And I like Dune, although I actually like the Sci-Fi channel's later mini-series remake better.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:53 AM   #4019
Grausamkeit

Actually, I did start with Eraserhead and it was what intrigued me and made me think watching Twin Peaks would be a great idea. It was.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:08 AM   #4020
Grausamkeit

I spent yesterday with my sister and her family and it was fun. My son has meltdowns at the drop of a hat, but we got through them and enjoyed the day. The kids really liked going on the boat for the 'dolphin tour'. They loved the beach and the seals at the aquarium. I used the straps from a pair of tripp pants I bought ages ago to tether the kids to my belt loops(finally a use for those damn things!). Mommy's little baby bats are flight risks who will run into traffic if given half a chance.

I'm still tired, but I've got a little bit of cleaning to do for Mom's visit tomorrow. The kids will be in school when they get here so I won't have the stress of attempting to wrangle them in public.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:29 PM   #4021
Vince

Sounds like fun, Graus.

i think you and my lil' sister were in the same general area. i got a txt from her yesterday saying she was in Galveston and something about Liyah (my baby niece) having fun on the beach but didn't care much for the boat ride...something about dolphins too. lol.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:01 AM   #4022
Catch

Well, I was thinking about going to the club next weekend. The last Saturday of every month is Fetish Night at Area 51. It is always busy and stuff. Lots of Goths and things. I have some t-Shirts available on the internet.

Does anyone even live around the Utah area?

Ack, I don't know. It is always an uncomfortable experience, but I really need to get out more and at least try socializing.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:53 AM   #4023
Grausamkeit

Got my books today for my classes this fall. The girl that checked me out is in my A&P lab. Schweet! She's funny. I don't know how it is at big universities, but at our community college everyone is very friendly and helpful.

Also waiting to hear back from Mom to see when she's coming over today. We have to be back at the house by 3p so that I'm here to get the kids off their bus.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:11 AM   #4024
MissCheyenne

So, I bought a costume jewellery piece, a ring to be specific. However, it's gold plated and I'm allergic to it. I love the ring and don't want to get rid of it so I was wondering if anyone knew of anything I could coat the area that touches my finger with to stop me reacting to it? I can't wear a plaster underneath it, as other people have suggested, as I am also allergic to plasters!

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:21 AM   #4025
honeythorn

I believe some jewellers sell a sort of paint/coating you can use on jewellery to stop this reaction.

But I'm a cheap ass so I use clear nail varnish, 2-3 coats. It will wear off eventually and need re-doing but it's the cheapest quickest way I know of .

I don't get an actual allergic reaction though, just the green tinge of cheap costume jewellery, so how well it will work for stopping a reaction I don't really know. Give it a try anyway, you can always remove it.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote