Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-28-2008, 02:26 AM   #476
Sanguine Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
FUCK YES

PREACH IT BROTHER JILLIAN

PREACH IT TO THE LORD

This piece of shit should be burnt. Every copy blown to fucking smithereens and then taped so that the fans of Twilight with their hand in their pants jerking off over the tepid romance have nothing to jerk over anymore. Fucking hate this book. I read the first chapter, that was enough for me, my friend kept going on about it like it was a goddamn masterpiece, vibrant and searing romance and all that bullshit. Ridiculously bad book.
Agreed, I've never condoned the destruction of a book until now.

It's a tradgety that it ever got published, Even more so that it's a movie. Now all these 12 year old teenyboppers think thier "goth" because they happened to like a monstrocity of a movie, Most haven't even read the fucking book (which sucks btw), because god fobid these little douches read!!

One of my little sisters friend liked the movie, now she listens to MCR and Evenesence and thinks she's goth.
Sanguine Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:48 AM   #477
Ms.Crowbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophagist
Fail Crowbardildohead. Twilight sucks. Look at meh!!! I iz a vampirrre!!!1111111111111111111

I really, really want to see someone pretending to be a vampire at Whitby.

You, sir, need to get a life, badly.
You clearly have nothing better to do with your life other than sit at a computer screen and troll 24/7.
Ms.Crowbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 03:12 AM   #478
jack_the_knife

I really detest the way that people that have read the book think they're goth because they have one bad vampire novel. I fear this is going to turn into quite an epidemic of such people...
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:47 AM   #479
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
FUCK YES

PREACH IT BROTHER JILLIAN

PREACH IT TO THE LORD

This piece of shit should be burnt. Every copy blown to fucking smithereens and then taped so that the fans of Twilight with their hand in their pants jerking off over the tepid romance have nothing to jerk over anymore. Fucking hate this book. I read the first chapter, that was enough for me, my friend kept going on about it like it was a goddamn masterpiece, vibrant and searing romance and all that bullshit. Ridiculously bad book.
You'd have to buy all those copies first. Stephanie Meyer approves. You and Jillian are her biggest fans.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:59 AM   #480
Sanguine Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
I really detest the way that people that have read the book think they're goth because they have one bad vampire novel. I fear this is going to turn into quite an epidemic of such people...
Seriously, if your going to turn goth over a book, it should at least be a fucking Anne Rice novel .
Old 11-28-2008, 06:10 AM   #481
Sanguine Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguine Mind
Seriously, if your going to turn goth over a book, it should at least be a fucking Anne Rice novel .
LATE EDIT: I meant to say If your going to turn goth over a vampire book...
Old 11-28-2008, 06:44 AM   #482
KineticGoth

Wow, that's a lot of hate over a work of fiction! If you don't like the book, then don't read it. It's not like every goth has to be some kind of expert on vampire literature.

I personally liked Twilight a lot, but more because the story is compelling than anything else. I don't think anyone is going to say Meyer's books are works of art, but it being a best seller clearly marks it as a book a lot of people enjoy for whatever reason.

I haven't seen the movie yet, so can't comment there. But I will.

Books, like music, are all about personal taste and preference.
KineticGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:54 AM   #483
Sanguine Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by KineticGoth
Wow, that's a lot of hate over a work of fiction! If you don't like the book, then don't read it. It's not like every goth has to be some kind of expert on vampire literature.

I personally liked Twilight a lot, but more because the story is compelling than anything else. I don't think anyone is going to say Meyer's books are works of art, but it being a best seller clearly marks it as a book a lot of people enjoy for whatever reason.

Sooo, how long have you been lurking? because I noticed you only signed up to say that one comment. And by the way the book has been rejected by the goth community, so get over it. Nothing you can say will sway us.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:26 AM   #484
KineticGoth

Rejected by the goth community..? Heavens, not that! Since when does being goth have anything to do with doing what other people think or want? And since when did being rejected matter?

I like the book and I couldn't care less what you think about it. But I posted on the off chance that someone reading this thread might actually be curious about the books rather than just in the mood to blindly rant over them because OMG something vampiric hit mainstream.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:15 AM   #485
Sanguine Mind

Quote:
Rejected by the goth community..? Heavens, not that! Since when does being goth have anything to do with doing what other people think or want? And since when did being rejected matter?

I like the book and I couldn't care less what you think about it. But I posted on the off chance that someone reading this thread might actually be curious about the books rather than just in the mood to blindly rant over them because OMG something vampiric hit mainstream.
If you don't care what we think then why did you repy to me? or even Look at this thread? Stop pushing you sub-par literture on us.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:15 AM   #486
AngelikDemonik

Quote:

No one is telling you not to like it, everyone is just expressing their opinions on it.

And anyway, how the fuck can you tell if you don't like a book if you don't read it first?

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:22 AM   #487
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:

The story in this movie is compelling.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:35 AM   #488
Saya

Quote:
I seriously doubt Twilight can be any worse than Anne Rice, and what whiny angsty vampires have to do with goth I have no idea.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:51 AM   #489
a morbid curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
I seriously doubt Twilight can be any worse than Anne Rice
Oh, it is.
a morbid curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:51 AM   #490
Man In Room 5

Quote:
what whiny angsty vampires have to do with goth I have no idea.
Blame Poppy Z. Brite for that one.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 11:31 AM   #491
KineticGoth

Quote:
If you don't care what we think then why did you repy to me? or even Look at this thread? Stop pushing you sub-par literture on us.
Not "we" ... "you".
Old 11-28-2008, 11:46 AM   #492
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by a morbid curiosity
Oh, it is.
I'll really have to pirate the book and see if its as bad as its said to be, some night when I'm in the mood to read crap.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:53 AM   #493
a morbid curiosity

Quote:
I'll really have to pirate the book and see if its as bad as its said to be, some night when I'm in the mood to read crap.
You'll regret it.
Seriously.
I read it as an experiment and I thought if I read the phrase 'smouldering topaz eyes' one more time I'd vomit.
Hell, I don't even know what colour topaz is.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:55 AM   #494
Godslayer Jillian

A friend tells me a friend told her she ought to read it because the prologue already traps you with its intrigue.
Let me quote for you the first paragraph of this oh so intriguing prologue:
*ahem*
Bella: I’d never given much thought to how I would die — though I’d had reason enough in the last few months — but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 11:57 AM   #495
JCC

Quote:
You'll regret it.
Seriously.
I read it as an experiment and I thought if I read the phrase 'smouldering topaz eyes' one more time I'd vomit.
Transparent.

Apparently the eyes in question are transparent.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:06 PM   #496
Saya

Quote:
You'll regret it.
Seriously.
Sounds like a romance novel I once read o.O It was funny because I got it in a box of books someone gave me when they moved away, I didn't even realize it was a romance novel until halfway through, it started off good but then just....stopped and just went on and on about how much the characters wanted each other. It was a vampire romance novel, actually, and the sex scenes were infuriating as the genitalia were referred to things like "shaft" and "velvet sheath". I didn't understand it at all, if your cunt feels like velvet there might be cause for alarm.

So I guess I already read Twilight in a more entertaining form
Old 11-28-2008, 12:17 PM   #497
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Transparent.

Apparently the eyes in question are transparent.
I think in that case Topaz is supposed to mean the yellowy color of most Topaz stones, but then I'm probably giving Stephanie Meyer too much credit.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:17 PM   #498
Beneath the Shadows

Topaz is yellow.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:37 PM   #499
a morbid curiosity

Eurgh. Confound it all. 'Topaz eyes'. You'd think you'd guess straight away that a person was seriously abnormal if their eyes were topaz.

Quote:
I didn't understand it at all, if your cunt feels like velvet there might be cause for alarm.
Hahah, that's a brilliant quote right there.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:43 PM   #500
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Topaz is yellow.
No, topaz is transparent but tends to have impurities, often yellow.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote