Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #7101
Versus

You'll be disappointed. I rarely do anything with it, so there's not much to stalk.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #7102
Saya

But you can join me in laughing nervously whenever his mom posts something about grandchildren.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #7103
Solumina

Oooooo yeah that's always great fun. Thankfully I'm past the point of somewhat tactful nervous laughter when Jake's family does that, I've gotten to the point where I can respond with a "HAHAHA no" and his mom and grandmother just make a pouty face.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:34 AM   #7104
Fruitbat

You do realise that the only reason parents say to their children "So when are you goign to have children?" is because the parents want to see their children go through the torture of raising children like the aforementioned parents did.

I'll often be talking about something to the MIL and then say "Fuck, you did that 5 times?" to which she'll follow with a "Oh you are just getting it now then?"

The little tackers are so cute, until they wake you every 20 minutes during the night for three nights in a row, and then you find yourself in the middle of the supermarket unable to remember how you got there (because you are so friggin' tired).

it's awesome.....

So when are you all going to have children?

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #7105
Solumina

I hate the last two hours of our current afternoon shift, there is absolutely nothing to do and it is driving me crazy.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #7106
Versus

I'm really annoyed that I can't find anybody to talk about stuff with. Specialty forums are full of group think and idiots. G.net is my last bastion of reason, but you guys don't share an enthusiasm for some of the same things that I do. Which is fine with me, but I don't know where else to look.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:49 PM   #7107
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
I'm really annoyed that I can't find anybody to talk about stuff with. Specialty forums are full of group think and idiots. G.net is my last bastion of reason, but you guys don't share an enthusiasm for some of the same things that I do. Which is fine with me, but I don't know where else to look.
What are you interested in? Maybe some of the folks here can help point you in the direction of forums?

Old 03-23-2012, 07:28 AM   #7108
Solumina

I know that a lot of people would love to have a job where they can goof off and not have any responsibility but the novelty of such a job really does quickly disappear. I want to do something, to at least have some small challenge, I don't want the height of my productivity for the day to be reading news articles instead of looking at cake wrecks.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-23-2012, 12:05 PM   #7109
Versus

The DMV downtown doesn't expedite people in uniform anymore. I didn't put on my fucking clown suit to wait in line! This is bullshit! I'M A GOD DAMN VETERAN!!!

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #7110
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
The DMV downtown doesn't expedite people in uniform anymore. I didn't put on my fucking clown suit to wait in line! This is bullshit! I'M A GOD DAMN VETERAN!!!
I hate to say it but our country doesn't have a good history of paying anything more than lip service to it's veterans. Just look at the aftermath of WWI or all the later war veterans. Though I think they did a decent job after the civil war, one of the original vet hospitals here in Milwaukee is a testament to that.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #7111
Versus

My friend doesn't have to pay for vehicle registration or new plates for the rest of his life because he has a purple heart. Pretty sweet to me. XD

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #7112
Solumina

Really? My dad had a purple heart and he always had to pay for registration and plates. I guess this is a new thing or an individual state thing.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #7113
Versus

Not sure, honestly.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #7114
Versus

Pretty sure he doesn't have to pay for hunting tags in some states, too.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:03 PM   #7115
Versus

The classified ads make me sad. I was looking at furniture and saw the missing animals in the lost and found section.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:39 AM   #7116
Fruitbat

Fuck, I hate it when the flame inside has petered out. Just no jumpstarting this one.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:07 AM   #7117
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
almost run out of hope, after that's gone, there's nothing. Thus far it seems like there's more hope of winning the lottery, than hope for anything. What will be left then but a corpse?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #7118
Valhalla

This is a somewhat ridiculous thing to rant about.

I use the word slut and/or whore to describe someone who leads someone on, possibly in order to get sex, and then later hurts them, or someone who is a frequent cheater.

When I see someone use them to describe a women who has frequent sex, I cringe. That never made sense to me when I was a preteen first getting a handle on what these curse words actually meant so I guess I just made up my own meaning. As far as I can remember, the definition above is what I considered a 'slut' to be.

Now, it's causing a big problem in my vocabulary. I don't agree with slut-shaming, because I know that refers to a women having casual sex and using her body how she pleases. However, I don't agree with being a 'slut' as I always saw it, which is apparently not what it really is.

So I have to either keep adding in what I mean anytime I say the word so I can be sure the world knows I am pro-free sex life, or I can come up with a new word.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #7119
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
This is a somewhat ridiculous thing to rant about.

I use the word slut and/or whore to describe someone who leads someone on, possibly in order to get sex, and then later hurts them, or someone who is a frequent cheater.

When I see someone use them to describe a women who has frequent sex, I cringe. That never made sense to me when I was a preteen first getting a handle on what these curse words actually meant so I guess I just made up my own meaning. As far as I can remember, the definition above is what I considered a 'slut' to be.

Now, it's causing a big problem in my vocabulary. I don't agree with slut-shaming, because I know that refers to a women having casual sex and using her body how she pleases. However, I don't agree with being a 'slut' as I always saw it, which is apparently not what it really is.

So I have to either keep adding in what I mean anytime I say the word so I can be sure the world knows I am pro-free sex life, or I can come up with a new word.
Heh, after a friend of mine found out an ex had cheated on her and the girl he left her for started messaging her on facebook rubbing it in her face, she, very much a feminist she is, called her a slut. And then felt bad, but I think that goes to show its not something we can reclaim. We're always going to think of a negative meaning.

Honestly for what you mean it to mean, I usually say dickweed. Or douchenozzle. I try to get creative, basically.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:31 AM   #7120
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
almost run out of hope, after that's gone, there's nothing. Thus far it seems like there's more hope of winning the lottery, than hope for anything. What will be left then but a corpse?
Keep hanging in there for tomorrow. It will get better, I promise you, but it make take a few tomorrow to get there.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #7121
Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Heh, after a friend of mine found out an ex had cheated on her and the girl he left her for started messaging her on facebook rubbing it in her face, she, very much a feminist she is, called her a slut. And then felt bad, but I think that goes to show its not something we can reclaim. We're always going to think of a negative meaning.

Honestly for what you mean it to mean, I usually say dickweed. Or douchenozzle. I try to get creative, basically.
I don't think I'd feel bad for anything I said to someone who did that to me. Seriously, it's one thing to be the 'other woman', but to feel good about it to the point of rubbing it in is just... [word I can't even come up with. Insert colorful swear words instead].

Anyway, now I'm back with a new rant.

When it comes to buying supportive bras I have no idea what I'm doing. I know my size, that's all fine and good, but the problem is I'm cheap and so I always end up with a drawer of those cheap-ish and pretty bras (and a couple of somewhat okay sports bras). Now that I'm getting irritated with boob movement, and am trying to create a closet of ridiculously supportive bras, I am realizing wtf, why are good sports bras so expensive?

Those under armor ones from the commercials are 70 bucks a pop! That's 35 dollars a boob!

And this is why I'm going to end up stocking up on cheap bras from winners/la senza/whatever and just wearing two at a time.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:54 PM   #7122
Saya

The trick is to go to Sears on a sale weekend.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #7123
Versus

Under armor is amazing if you can afford it. And they support the wounded warrior project!

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #7124
Solumina

The under armor sports bras are awesome, they are just about the only sports bra that I can really work out in. They are pricy but thankfully there is an under armor outlet not to far from me and their prices aren't bad.

Almost forgot my little rant, I get easily distracted talking about boobies. Anyway my issue is that the harmonic balancer in my car crapped out, meaning that my car is very much not drivable at the moment and it managed to tear up the timing belt covers (which had to be ordered but they overnighted them) so I had to get a rental for today. Naturally this would happen less than 48 hours after Jake sold his car.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #7125
Solumina

I stubbed my pinky toe and it hurts like fuck
-Carbon Leaf