Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #1
LiUsAiDh

Liusaidh - Take two.

I'm just quickly going to re-introduce myself, partially because I'm rather bored, partially because to say my old intro sucked is doing it a huge favour, and lastly because I have changed quite a lot since then, and since I'm still young I will continue to develop and change quite quickly; taste-wise and intelligence-wise. Yay me.

So, the ubiquitous questions.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I go to school and plan on going to university to study architecture; hopefully in either Glasgow or Cambridge. I love art, especially the Surrealist and Ukiyo-e movements. I also like architecture, obviously. My favourite artists would have to be Dali, Chirico, Hokusai and Hiroshige. I also enjoy physics, especially the astro variety and DIY-ing clothing.

2. Where are you from?
I live in Cumbria, in North Western England at the moment. However my birth place and 'home' would have to be the Isle of Lewis in the Outer Hebrides, North Western Scotland. I seem to have a thing for the North West of places... It's nothing personal.

3. Who is your favourite author?
I used to read much more than I do now, which needs to be changed. However, I love all Agatha Christie books, Sophie's World, A Brief History of Time, Lord of the Rings, Memoirs of a Geisha, The Subtle Knife, the rather cliche Dracula and Danny Wallace's books. A little off topic, but I hate War and Peace, I spent a whole fucking term when I was 9 reading that, it's shit, and bloody boring.

4. What are your favourite films?
Hmm, difficult question:
Donnie Darko
The Dark Knight
Hero
House of Flying Daggers
Memoirs of a Geisha
Curse of the Golden Flower
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
The Matrix trilogy
Pirates of the Caribbean
Edward Scissorhands
A Clockwork Orange
Sweeney Todd
And finally, for completely brainless entertainment, Jackass.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
I have no idea at present. Since I'm still pretty young maybe some awesome ones will be written before I get hitched.

6. At your funeral?
J.S. Bach's Toccata, or Mozart's Lacrimosa. Or maybe something totally unsuitable, the Numa Numa song anybody?

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
What has gothic got to do with death? Ech, well, I suppose happily after a long life with my friends and family. To achieve a bit of notoriety might be good too.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
This is a stupid question. I'm dead, I don't care. Not only am I dead, it's only in public sight for about an hour.

However, I would rather like an 8ft marble angel statue topping a tomb containing my rotting carcass. People in hundreds of year's time will wander past it and say 'Wow, I wonder who that is? They must've been great!'

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
I like most of my clothes, and if I don't I edit them, so I don't really have one.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Hm, this sounds really self-pitiful but I miss being happy and living with all my family.

11. What's your favourite band?
I tend to change favourites quite quickly, but, some of the gothic-ish bands I like are:
The Cruxshadows
Cinema Strange
Bauhaus
Sisters of Mercy
Siouxsie and the Banshees
Sopor Aeternus
Voltaire
The Cure
Joy Division
London After Midnight
I also have a love/hate thing with The Dresden Dolls - I love their music but I hate, HATE, Amanda Palmer's voice.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I go to School and am studying A-level Art, Physics, Maths, Economics, Business Studies and General Studies. With, as previously mentioned, intentions of doing Architecture.

13. Why did you join?
Since I was an ass when I joined way back, it was probably solely for the whinging thread.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
I'm female. Bit of a tomboy - still female though.

There, that wasn't too quick, but damn I'm worth your time!

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:39 PM   #2
Bete Noire

Welcome again
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:42 PM   #3
LetheanBlacklight

Numa numa numa yay *damn I hate that catchy song xD*
LetheanBlacklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:43 PM   #4
LiUsAiDh

:roleplays:

Wow, you guys seem really nice!!

:P

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
Old 08-07-2008, 03:46 PM   #5
Saya

I noted Subtle Knife there as one of your favourite books.

Did The Golden Compass movie break your heart too?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:55 PM   #6
LiUsAiDh

Yes, I didn't even watch it, saw the ad, and it was.... Eugh, Lyra was so dainty and *shudder* cute; I always thought she'd be butch and pretty masculine. So yeah, it wrecked it.

Old 08-07-2008, 04:00 PM   #7
Saya

I went and saw it, it was too watered down for the kids, you know? Lyra was as you said, cute (and I know she's a kid but man what a bad actress), and its weird that Nicole Kidman was the best one there, aside like a five second teaser of Christopher Lee. The best part was when the bear slapped the jaw off the other bear

Sorry for the rant, just need to warn every fan of His Dark Materials.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:06 PM   #8
LiUsAiDh

I'm glad I haven't seen it, I hate child actors/actresses who can't act. Narnia being another example, hell, that molested the book into a ball of fetid shreds. Though the bear bit sounds cool on the Golden Compass .

Old 08-07-2008, 04:12 PM   #9
Saya

It was pretty good ^_^ I was like "YES! FINALLY! GORE!" and another thing is that there was no mention of God or the church or anything.

I didn't like the Narnia movie either, haven't seen Prince Caspian yet. I'm just going to give up on anyone making a good movie on a book from my childhood.

....Except the Hobbit, pretty excited for that.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:22 PM   #10
LiUsAiDh

I suppose if they'd gone into the God thing then the film may have, ha, caused offence amongst some people. It would have been more controversial, and possibly less popular; so I guess they just wimped out.

Don't watch Prince Caspian, it's shit. Even worse than The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe.

The Hobbit does indeed sound good.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:16 AM   #11
Raptor

Welcome. Physics ftw

Yeh I refused to watch that movie too, why was Oxford all shiny with polished brass And the God thing is pretty important (I didn't know it was missing but I guessed it would be).
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:53 AM   #12
dabbadmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiUsAiDh

6. At your funeral?
J.S. Bach's Toccata, or Mozart's Lacrimosa. Or maybe something totally unsuitable, the Numa Numa song anybody?
Haha, that sounds like fun!

Quote:
but I miss... living with all my family.
Same here. It's maybe not the same as your situation, but my two eldest siblings are now at university and I barely get to see them. My dad is also living in a different place for most of the week too (because of work) so it's crap that he's never here.

Anyway welcome (again)
dabbadmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:03 PM   #13
She_Is_My_Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiUsAiDh

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I go to school and plan on going to university to study architecture; hopefully in either Glasgow or Cambridge. I love art, especially the Surrealist and Ukiyo-e movements. I also like architecture, obviously. My favourite artists would have to be Dali, Chirico, Hokusai and Hiroshige. I also enjoy physics, especially the astro variety and DIY-ing clothing.
Welcome (again)!

I absolutely love ukiyo-e. Especially Utamaro.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote