Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 07-13-2008, 02:43 PM   #51
medbh4805

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
No. Not at all. But you do have a point about the people, an inherent conditioned dependency on someone to "save" them.

I'll have to look into it about the famine. So a guy was given the reigns of an operation that people depended on and in turn, made it in such a way to where he benefited off of the suffering of others. So it just makes me wonder... Where was the solidarity? Why didn't the people just TAKE it from him? Obviously, I'm sure there were some that did just that.

As for the **** analogy, that's a little off kilter to the subject. I would imagine that despite the occurrence of the **** in question, some degree of struggle would occur, implying SOME form of self defense, even if it was as minuscule as mentally blocking out what was going on in order to self preserve themselves for a greater outcome.

A victim is someone who have had something bad happen to them. Victims are not helpless, well, rarely are they entirely helpless.
I never said one should sit by and do nothing. Self-defense is important, but for the poor for whom every day is a battle to survive, I find your ideas quite disturbing. there are many buisness owners in LEDCs trying to break onto the market, but can't because of trade barriers imposed by MEDCs. "Free trade" isn't as free and you would like it to be.
It encourages a "dog-eat-dog" mentality, kill or be killed. I am assuming you are not a Christian, but how that can be reconciled with the Gospels is beyond me.
medbh4805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:27 PM   #52
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by medbh4805
I never said one should sit by and do nothing. Self-defense is important, but for the poor for whom every day is a battle to survive, I find your ideas quite disturbing. there are many buisness owners in LEDCs trying to break onto the market, but can't because of trade barriers imposed by MEDCs. "Free trade" isn't as free and you would like it to be.
It encourages a "dog-eat-dog" mentality, kill or be killed. I am assuming you are not a Christian, but how that can be reconciled with the Gospels is beyond me.

You're going to have to quote me as to where I said "dog-eat-dog" justifies any manner of violence or domination over another. In fact, I was saying the opposite. I was saying that the people should ALWAYS challenge the elite few, to ALWAYS "challenge" or "struggle" against them. That fact that people are generally not solidified, due to a lack of faith in the people, the rich CONTINUE to bully the poor and they always will until every single person wanting change will realize that's allowing the rich to dominate them is them themselves.

The only thing that I disagree with in Christian Anarchy is the stance on not defending one's self. But I also see it as a somewhat pure and simple pursuit that a lot of utopian believers strive for. In short, it's more like the end result of the world being USED to the idea of Anarchy and peace.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:02 PM   #53
Godslayer Jillian

How did free market came into the conversation? Most Christian Anarchists are anarchocommunists due to the whole "take all your money and give it to the poor" and "give Caesar's what is of Caesar and unto God what is of God"

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:29 PM   #54
KontanKarite

Because somehow this newbie brought it up in some way.

Shit just gets out of hand when you've got one that believes in anarchy and another who doesn't. Oh well...

Old 07-14-2008, 09:47 PM   #55
Godslayer Jillian

Shit gets out of hand when you've got one that believes in something and another who doesn't.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:22 PM   #56
KontanKarite

Yeah, that's the cut and dry of it. Eh. Fuck it. No sense in me trying to be some kind of missionary. Let people come to their own conclusions.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:31 AM   #57
medbh4805

Well then , I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree
medbh4805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:35 AM   #58
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Because Christian Anarchists do not attempt to create Christianity through Anarchy. They try to create Anarchy through Christianity.
By the Christian Anarchist code, we really don't need to respond to anyone but "our personal savior"
Sure, I'm an atheist, but I like Christian Anarchists. They are one of the best representations of what Jesus really stood up for; although I would argue Jesus would have prefer communism..
Christian Anarchist Communism?
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote