Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:34 AM   #1
jjdunlop

HR Geiger and Gothic art

Greetings

I'm a huge fan of HR Giger who I'm certain you all know from the Alien Trilogy but I was hoping you might be able to put your malevolent minds together and help me find some other Gothic art in the same (severed) vein.

As a noob here I will be introducing myself in the respective forum shortly but in the meantime I have a brand new apartment waiting to be filled. At the moment I'm drowning in an ocean of white walls and I'm in desperate need of some darkness to take the edge off!

I have so much Giger stuff that I'd really like to explore some different artists but I'm drawing a blank (much like my walls). I'm very much into the fantasy/SF elements of his work and would like something to compliment the prints I have (such as Li II linked above).

Someone out there must be able to help me and so any suggestions for paintings, prints, artists or even movie posters are all gratefully received.

Thanks

JJ

jjdunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
PYropainter

Pyro painter Art

You could check out my art some of my new art has a more giger people have said my art is like HrG on fire

http://www.pyropainter.com/
PYropainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:02 AM   #3
jjdunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYropainter View Post
You could check out my art some of my new art has a more giger people have said my art is like HrG on fire

http://www.pyropainter.com/

They're wonderful. I've actually found quite a lot of the posters and art I'm looking for here but will keep this in mind for the future.

Thanks
jjdunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 05:44 AM   #4
MrsElysiancicatrix

You might also want to look at Deviant Art, some artists sell their prints at very reasonable prices (for the art scene, anyway). I too have blank walls to fill. There is plenty of darkly inspired local talent for me to get originals from, when I have the money...
MrsElysiancicatrix is offline   Reply With Quote