Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:16 PM   #26
odinsXson

Ok let me explain what im getting from this. Turn up jeans, well fitted jeans, tucked in shirt, and god awful shoes all trade mark 'dress code' of the skin head sub culture. Hence excusing the assumption.
odinsXson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:20 PM   #27
RozzVanian

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinsXson View Post
Ok let me explain what im getting from this. Turn up jeans, well fitted jeans, tucked in shirt, and god awful shoes all trade mark 'dress code' of the skin head sub culture. Hence excusing the assumption.
That doesn't really scream SKINHEAD to me, more like "guy with rolled up jeans and tucked in shirt", it's a universal look.
RozzVanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:24 PM   #28
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinsxson View Post
ok let me explain what im getting from this. Turn up jeans, well fitted jeans, tucked in shirt, and god awful shoes all trade mark 'dress code' of the skin head sub culture. Hence excusing the assumption.
randommmmm.. >_>
Old 04-18-2009, 09:31 PM   #29
odinsXson

I understand its a universal look dont get me wrong. Can you really justify the suspenders though? The pictures gave me the impression, it was a question that in all reality, the poster can only tuelly answer. If the assumption proves to be true I might have advise for him. I have a handfull of friends who have crossed that bridge, I would offer him advice so its not like poof hes goth. Which would more then likely leave him alienated by both subcultures. Simplely just a question and thinking about it, I should have private messaged him about. it.
odinsXson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:39 PM   #30
KontanKarite

I always just chalked it up as him being kinda nerdy.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:51 AM   #31
Sinjob

Quote:
You're hilarious. You need your own website.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:50 AM   #32
Opteron_Man

Quote:
I understand its a universal look dont get me wrong. Can you really justify the suspenders though? The pictures gave me the impression, it was a question that in all reality, the poster can only tuelly answer. If the assumption proves to be true I might have advise for him. I have a handfull of friends who have crossed that bridge, I would offer him advice so its not like poof hes goth. Which would more then likely leave him alienated by both subcultures. Simplely just a question and thinking about it, I should have private messaged him about. it.
Well, I like suspenders. Back in 2002 I wore them alot, then hung them up and hadn't gone back to them till recently. I wear them over my shoulders so they can do their job, but most times, I let them hang loose. I unsling them off my shoulders when I am tired and want to get comfy. I also like the look of them dangling. Looks photogenic in some odd way.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:51 AM   #33
Opteron_Man

Sorry, I tuck my shirt in because it is a habit of mine. When I get dressed in the morning, most times I do it without even thinking about it. Oh well.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:50 PM   #34
gothicusmaximus

Gods! Take caution that you don't cross paths with any legionnaires while so attired-- I imagine it is a killing offense!
What about more dignified raiment, such as a sleeved tunic, repulses you so?
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:42 PM   #35
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
Gods! Take caution that you don't cross paths with any legionnaires while so attired-- I imagine it is a killing offense!
What about more dignified raiment, such as a sleeved tunic, repulses you so?
I after I took those pics, I tossed them in the closet. I might toss 'em in the garbage tomorow morning.

I need something more refined. You have a good bead on things here gothicus.
What do you suggest?
Old 04-28-2009, 04:36 PM   #36
Opteron_Man

No suggestiong then Gothicus?
Old 06-16-2009, 07:59 PM   #37
Kij.

If you like them holey, cut them up and throw them in wash a few times so they look pre-cut. If any or your friends can sew and shit, get some fabrics from a crafts store and have them goth 'em up for you. I haven't worn jeans in about a year and some now, but I did these to my last pair and I certainly didn't have jeans like everyone else!
Kij. is offline   Reply With Quote