Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
Shoulen

Hi... I'm Shoulen

Hello

I've been looking for a community forum to start getting involved in, I came across this a while ago and got distracted after registering.

Anyway... Hi, I'm Shoulen, my real name is Matthew, if that's any relevance, I don't consider myself to be 100% goth, but I do, however, dress in a style that gets me labelled as goth (according to society) but I don't really mind.... In terms of my fashion, I am very serious when it comes to what I wear because I only wear things that make me feel good, jackets are my number one choice (in any season), on occasion I will wear a bit of makeup here and there, nothing serious, just eye liner & face paint.

I work for a company that does game development and I was diagnosed with depression several months ago, I'm joining this community in search for a feeling as though I belong to something and I'm also looking for people who share similar interests or rather who understand me and what I'm going through at time. I am a working man, but I still do a distance college, my boss understands and encourages the way that I dress which, as I said before, is important to me. The other very important thing at my life in this point is music, music is my passion, and if it can move me or bring a tear to my eye then great.

Back to the depression crap I spoke about earlier, it's not a huge deal, I'm going to be starting anti-depressants soon, my girlfriend left me, blah blah the usual story, I stopped eating, started seizing, went to hospital, refused medication... got worse... still feel pretty bad.

I am a very hateful yet loving person, which is quite weird... To be honest, I have a strong dislike to near loath for humans, but those that I know & care about, I would shield from a bullet, so I pretty much hate everyone except for those that I know, trust and care about....

My back story is crap, I fell in love with the previously stated girl... Made her my everything, gave her everything, she took none of it, I lost something very important to myself and she broke my heart, then crushed it, then smashed it and then got with another guy two weeks after (she broke up with me on our anniversary month) ... Note: I did not start dressing the way I do because of that, I was doing that before, the depression started as a result of her though.

Uhh, I don't know what else to say... Hello, and uhh... yeah, hope I will get to know some of you.

Regards

Matthew
Shoulen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
Dolly Glass

Welcome to G.Net Shoulen
I'm sure you'll find people here to talk to and whatnot.

You might want to go fill out the intro thing though. It's about 13 basic questions and you post it here. It's in one of the stickies at the top of this board.
Dolly Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
Shoulen

Ah, Thanks Dolly, forgot about that.

2. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
Web Design, Piano, Poetry, Drums

2. Where are you from?
South Africa - Caucasian

3. Who is your favorite author?
That's a difficult one... probably Tsugumi Ohba or Ai Yazawa based off their previous work....<3

4. What are your favorite films?
My favorite films are probably "Across the Universe" or "Wanted"

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
All you need is love - Beatles
And I'd like to write one myself.

6. At your funeral?
Volatire - All the Way Down (This one took me a while)

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
I don't have a particular way I WANT to die, in my sleep would be nice but how I think I'll die is probably insanity of some sort.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
I don't care... I'll be dead.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Probably my Visual Kei jacket with my home made torn jeans and my boots.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Not having problems.

11. What's your favorite band?
Billy Talent/Mindless Self Indulgence

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
Computer Science & Psychology

13. Why did you join?
Looking for people that I can relate to and a community I can connect with someone.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Male.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #4
Dolly Glass

Im sorry to hear about your depression but at least youre doing something about it like some people I've known.

Have you always lived in South Africa?
Old 01-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #5
Shoulen

Yes, I was born here, I plan to leave soon though.... after I get my financials sorted.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
Dolly Glass

Where do you plan on moving?
Old 01-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #7
Shoulen

Well, I have a passport for Mauritius & South Africa, but I'm hoping somewhere in the US or Europe... Mauritius is my fallback... it all depends on the company I work for.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #8
Dolly Glass

So you program computers or just design websites?

Ive skipped and hung out in my friend's web design class, it's all beyond me Im afraid. -_-'
Old 01-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #9
Shoulen

Uhh, no I can't stand web design... I do web development ... it's a little different, I don't work with graphics or styling, I do scripts that allows the website to communicate with the databases and stuff...

Is there a PM option somewhere?
Old 01-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #10
Dolly Glass

I think one has to have made a certain number of posts or been a member for a certain amount of time first. :/ I cant access it by any means
Old 01-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #11
Shoulen

Strange... Skype/MSN/Facebook? You can post it, then edit it out of your post once I've added you >.<
Old 01-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #12
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Actually there is a 7 min limit for editing posts. Also you can do pms after you get 100 posts.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #13
Shoulen

Thanks Renatus.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #14
Dolly Glass

Thank you ^^