Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:31 AM   #1
Kraven de Sade

Trying to recall the title of a movie

It's been ages since I've seen this movie, but I'll try to describe it as best as I can.

It's about this woman who's a vampire, and maintains her youth through the drinking of the blood of men she takes as lovers. As a consequence, they age rapidly, yet are incapable of dying since they've been bitten by her. So she puts them into coffins and keeps them in her basement. There's also this man who's been taken as her lover, but he becomes suspicious, so he involves a doctor to try to reverse what's happening to him.

I don't remember much more. Oh, and the woman had an ankh necklace, which pulls apart into a small blade.

Does anyone know what movie this is?
Kraven de Sade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:07 AM   #2
CptSternn

Seriously, you don't know the name of that film? Thats like blasphemy here ye know.

I mean, seriously, the film starts off with a close up of PETER MURPHY and BAUHAUS singing BELA LUGOSI IS DEAD!

It stars DAVID FRIGGIN BOWIE AND Susan Sarandon! Not to mention it was directed by Tony Scott!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085701/

It prolly ranks at the hands down gothest film ever made due to the cast/soundtrack alone, nevermind the vampire plot.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
LegendGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraven de Sade
Does anyone know what movie this is?
Yes; it's called The Hunger, and what CptSternn said.
LegendGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:47 PM   #4
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
okay, since we're attracting all the good-with-names people here, I've been trying to remember the name of a movie forever.

All I can really remember about it is a kid attacks his mom (who's wearing a white cardigan) with the claw side of a hammer.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:12 PM   #5
LegendGirl

Panther, it wasn't Pet Sematary, was it? That's the only guess I could come up with.

P. S. Ignore the above. Now that I think about it, the kid used a scalpel, and I think his mother was wearing a dress. Sorry!
LegendGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:33 PM   #6
Kraven de Sade

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
Seriously, you don't know the name of that film? Thats like blasphemy here ye know.

I mean, seriously, the film starts off with a close up of PETER MURPHY and BAUHAUS singing BELA LUGOSI IS DEAD!

It stars DAVID FRIGGIN BOWIE AND Susan Sarandon! Not to mention it was directed by Tony Scott!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085701/

It prolly ranks at the hands down gothest film ever made due to the cast/soundtrack alone, nevermind the vampire plot.
Well, like I said, it's been ages since I've seen it. 7 years to be exact. After that amount of time, details become fuzzy. Also, I started watching somewhere in the middle, so I have no clue what happened at the beginning.

But in any case, thank you.
Kraven de Sade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:00 AM   #7
Lapin

I'm resurrecting this. Want to know why?

As Halloween draws closer, I am reminded of Halloween movies I watched as a little kid. There is one driving me crazy; I know I loved it, but I can't remember the name, and no matter what summary/keywords I Google, I'm getting nothing. So if anyone can help me, I'd be most appreciative.

It's a childrens movie, animated, must have been in the early to mid-nineties. It involves about five kids, including the character named (I think) Pete. I seem to remember Pete having died of illness, and his friends chase him all over the world, through the different Halloweens, to find him.

When they do, they make a deal with this mysterious man, to give parts of their candles to Pete's. Oh yeah, apparently your life is decided by the candle in your Jack 'o Lantern. Anyway, they all give Pete some of their own time.

Does anyone know what this is? I's making me batty! (Halloween pun) (Sorry, couldn't help it)
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:18 AM   #8
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin
I'm resurrecting this. Want to know why?

As Halloween draws closer, I am reminded of Halloween movies I watched as a little kid. There is one driving me crazy; I know I loved it, but I can't remember the name, and no matter what summary/keywords I Google, I'm getting nothing. So if anyone can help me, I'd be most appreciative.

It's a childrens movie, animated, must have been in the early to mid-nineties. It involves about five kids, including the character named (I think) Pete. I seem to remember Pete having died of illness, and his friends chase him all over the world, through the different Halloweens, to find him.

When they do, they make a deal with this mysterious man, to give parts of their candles to Pete's. Oh yeah, apparently your life is decided by the candle in your Jack 'o Lantern. Anyway, they all give Pete some of their own time.

Does anyone know what this is? I's making me batty! (Halloween pun) (Sorry, couldn't help it)
OH MY GOD! I know what film you mean! and I cannot remember the name of it ATALL! Now it's gunna drive me insane too.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:22 AM   #9
TopHaggardDoll

The Halloween Tree!
Old 09-03-2007, 09:28 AM   #10
Lapin

That was it! Thank you! (My brain is finally quiet)

Damn. Now I want to watch it.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:10 PM   #11
DarkGentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin
That was it! Thank you! (My brain is finally quiet)

Damn. Now I want to watch it.
That must've been one hell of a brain fart there.
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote