Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 06-30-2005, 07:30 PM   #1
lowdose

are you the black sheep of your family, and why

ok this is th place in which you may if you feel so inclined post you synopsis of the relationship you have with your family, or to state this in a way that is diferent from the previous statment, are you the black sheep of your family and why.

to start; I am the black sheep of my family not because i am a sheep but because i dont fit in. That being said i dont speak like they do, i dont think like they do, and some times i wonder if i am actualy related to them. so to ease the tension i simply stay far far away from them.

now you try.
lowdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 07:44 PM   #2
tekajo

First of all i think this should have been a Whining thread.

Second...i guess i am a blacksheep in the herd of lambs that is my family. i dont think like them at all, i guess thats why i'm the only member of my entire family that spends my time on gothic.net.

They are all Catholics that never question their faith or any kind of authority. They also vote strictly along party lines...i do not.

They are naive in thinking that i am the proverbial "good one", yet i know better.

No, i am not the black lamb of my family, i am merely the friendly wolf stalking the shadows preying on other herds of sheep.

-ViNce-
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 07:48 PM   #3
Solumina

Nope, my family loves me even if they do think me a bit eccentric
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 08:14 PM   #4
lowdose

to clerify

my appologies for my drunken miscommunication. i had recently,and by recently a mean a minute ago, discovered that a black sheep is one who is or has been disoned by ones family. that is not the definition in which my drunken self had thought of at the time of writing this thread. I had confusingly concluded that black sheep meant to be vastly diferent than. this is of course completely untrue. now due to my current inability to think of a word that best deskribes this concept i will leave the original post as it is . but to say that for the purpose of this thread we will define "black sheep" as one who is vastly diferent than. and yes i am in fact loved deerly by those of my family. given this clarification this should still be listed as a general thread and not some random musing. I appologise for any miscommunicaton. you may continue the thread as i intended
lowdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 08:19 PM   #5
AlKilyu

Nope, I'm the Sexual Sheep of my family.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:55 PM   #6
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
I have a love hate relationship with my mother (who doesn't?). I suppose I am different fromt he previous generation of my family, but my mother's side, anyway, is full of crazy, different women. My sister is also somewhat of a dark personality (she write angsty poettry. However, unlike me, she writes good angsty poetry).

So, erm. . .I like to think of myself as a red-plaid sheep anyway.

that would be defined as someone who is the only person in their family who has the abition to pull off red plaid skirts, btw. *grin*
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 11:04 PM   #7
dreamydancer

Indeed I am. I'm not exactly smart and I'm the only one who doesn't get straight A's among my siblings. I'm also a late bloomer, it takes me a while to get around things. I didn't turn out to be one of God's beautiful beings either, I just have all the leftovers.

I have never been outgoing nor do I have many friends. I don't like people that much. I feel that there's "competition" in my family. And I'm not even competitive!! Then I get mad at myself for actually caring. I wish I could be more like them sometimes. It would be so much easier if I were the only child.

Gentle and passive describe me best, whereas my mom and brother are aggressive and firm. If you met my brother and I you would die of shock. I'm night and he's day.

I'm organized and clean unlike my family, I mean they're pigs! I clean up after them and take up most of the house chores. I have to because I'm OCD. All I need is Andrew Eldritch sitting at the kitchen table smoking a clove and demanding dinner, and I'm already a house wife. :lol:

What my family and most people would find sad and strange is that I actually manage to be happy. (Many find me to be distant and uninteresting. They think "How can she survive such a boring life? What a loser!!") Not that it bothers me but at least I know.

The only gene I carry from my family is being artistic.

~Clan of Xymox
dreamydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 11:22 PM   #8
winged_dreams

My mom and my stepdad are the black sheep of the family. They are quite childish, selfish, and my stepdad can be quite abusive. I, on the other hand, have a steady job, go to school, can pay all the bills, clean up after myself and don't drown myself in hard drugs and alcohol. And my sister is a black sheep too. Silly family members.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 02:11 AM   #9
AlKilyu

Does red-plaid indicate a sheep who mauls the English language when they type? If so, there are two of you here. :roll:
Old 07-01-2005, 03:08 AM   #10
dreamydancer

English deserves to be mauled sometimes. It's worse than German. I mean I'd probably kill myself if I had to learn it as a second language. It would be a true pain in the ass.
dreamydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 02:55 PM   #11
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Does red-plaid indicate a sheep who mauls the English language when they type? If so, there are two of you here. :roll:
I'm so glad I have you here to make me feel like I'm not worthy to type anything, Al. It really warms my heart that you tend to have nothing to say to me anymore unless it invovles my typos. :roll:
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 03:27 PM   #12
WolfMoon

Hey now! Don't make me take out the *Diplomacy-Bat*, people!

<--- Is certainly no sheep....................................

V""V
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 11:45 AM   #13
Wei-Li

Yes, don't let this become an argument over the already fragile grammer of the english language. And to stay on topic...
I can say that I am th "black sheep" of my family on the account that I am th eonly one who dares to wear black on anything other than a funeral. I am also the only one that could care less about what others think about me... Other reasons can be noted but it seems to become repeditive.*sigh*
Wei-Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 05:32 PM   #14
Morbideus

:wink: You guys are priceless...

I am not the black sheep of my family, my family is "The Black Sheep Family. :lol: " (Talking about birth family, not my Wife and kids). All growing up, my Aunts & Uncles were all rich and successful, my cousins were all preppy, and then there was US. I think that all stemmed, in part, to the fact that my father took a carreer that he loved (teaching) as opposed to one that paid well, like all my uncles.

If anyone in my family growing up earned the title of "black sheep" that honor belongs to my brother. By the time he was done pissing off my parents, I could pretty well do whatever I wanted.
Morbideus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 12:28 PM   #15
OnixxFilth

I think I qualify because I'm apparently this "hippy liberal" and my now ex-stepdad wanted to kick me out of the house because of it! Is it so wrong to hate war and just wish everyone could get along? Maybe I'm just the black sheep of my immediate family- my grandpa agrees with a lot of my views. My mom's a really fundamentalist Christian and agrees with Bush because of that and she opposes abortion (well, I do too, but I'll allow for exceptions like incest or ****). It annoys be to no end that she doesn't look at the whole picture and only votes for someone because they're a Christian or they oppose abortion.
OnixxFilth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 12:47 PM   #16
WolfMoon

You should only vote for people that offer you free breakfast in the morning!

Eh, not to thread-jack, but sometimes war is a necessary evil.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:04 PM   #17
Corpus_Draconis

I guess I'm the "black sheep" (grey sheep?) of my family because the rest of them tend to follow mainstream society. I like to wear black and bright colours together, and the rest of my family wears very very subdued clothes (lots of pale colours, preferably neutral). I'm more artistic than the rest of my family; they're a bunch of scientists and engineers and mathematicians and all that. I'm also more tolerant of other cultures and lifestyles than most of my family.

Ah well, I tolerate them, so... *shrugs*
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:25 AM   #18
Planewalker

Let's see.......

Completely diffrent from rest of family...... Check

Artistic......... in heart, check, in talent......next

Moody.........when I can't find weed, so check.

Comfortable in the lower forms of society...... check for now

Unable to live happily with a 40 hour a week job at $14 an hour.... big fucking check

About to join the coast guard (that dinky little branch of the military), and completely piss off every man in the family (who think that I should stay home and work in the plant for the rest of my life), just to be able to run away from this shitty, shitty little town/state...... check (sorry, should have taken this to whinning)

Black Sheep.......... Nope

Soon to be invisiable sheep who never seem to please anyone other than himself.......check
Planewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:42 AM   #19
WolfMoon

Sorry to hear that, Plane!

I don't think there's anything wrong with joining the coastguard. Yeah, except for the teensy lil fact that you just finished your tour of duty, but hell, if you're that bored...........

Why don't you just move?
Old 07-07-2005, 02:09 PM   #20
AlKilyu

Old 07-08-2005, 11:45 PM   #21
Deadhymn

yeah. definitely the black sheep. i have tons of reasons, but the main thing that sets me apart is i had no desire to stay in a backwards town in a backwards state and hate minorities just because they're not white and uneducated (in other words "them -insert racial slur here- aint like us").
Deadhymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 12:53 AM   #22
edible_eye

Old 07-12-2005, 06:12 AM   #23
Suiside_Kitty

Aww E_E... the little baby ducks falling through the thingie makes me sad.
Inside you.
+++++++++++

http://www.myspace.com/social_phobic
Suiside_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:37 AM   #24
edible_eye

well, here's a blunt-smokin' fool to lighten your heart and make you laugh again...

Old 07-12-2005, 06:59 AM   #25
Suiside_Kitty

Oh yeah... much better :wink:
Inside you.
+++++++++++

http://www.myspace.com/social_phobic
Suiside_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote