Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-17-2007, 05:36 AM   #51
Valerius

There's this really, really, really old secret as to how to lose weight without even doing anything. It seriously worked back in the 19th century, and all you have to do is ingest a tapeworm egg, and it should hatch and latch onto your intestinal wall and consume all the nutrients you take in. xD

Another way of losing weight quickly is food poisoning, you'll lose like 5 pounds overnight. Harharhar!

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:36 PM   #52
Ishkabibble

Or just drink green tea before any meal.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:03 PM   #53
Aaroneet

If you go strictly by the BMI rating, raggedyanne, then 23 is within a normal range. This depends on your build, however. If you have a stocky build, like I do, then a BMI of 23 is perfect for you. If, on the other hand, you have a tiny frame, then you may need to lose weight. Don't let the scale determine how you live your life; go by how you feel, and how your clothing fits you. Not everyone is skinny.
Aaroneet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:31 PM   #54
raggedyanne

I'm short, curvy, as my guy friends say "pretty much tiny". Sadly, most of these men are un-dateable, so I'll just accept my awsome curvy-short-ness and find a guy who isn't obsessed with Kate Moss look-a-likes.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:40 PM   #55
Invisigoth69

Actually....

I am in probably worse shape than all of you.
Excersize? Whazzat?!
Maybe chasing my husband around the house... other than that.... NAH.
Gimme another cigarette!
Oh, hey... yeah... put on some more butter on that lobster tail, will ya?
((I should not be eating the stuff I do with my bad ticker)

Yeah. I really need to DO something about my out-of-shape ness....
TOMORROW.
Invisigoth69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:55 PM   #56
eternalcrimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Kickboxing will melt the fat off of you. I did Tae Kwon Do, which was pretty much the exact same as Kick boxing, but with more kicks. The fat just melted away into nothing.
I just enrolled in a 4 week Kick Boxing summer class at my college which starts in a couple of weeks. I値l keep you guys abreast as to what happens. Hopefully I値l have fun.
eternalcrimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:42 PM   #57
raggedyanne

Latin dance, especially international style, gives you the legs of a super model, no matter how short those legs happen to be. Not to mention everyone's legs look better in high heels.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:33 PM   #58
killer_asian_Dax

A great way to get in the much dreaded cardio part of your workout is to just throw yourself into a savage pit like I did tonight and try to survive it!

It's fun, healthy AND theraputic!

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 03:11 PM   #59
heretoday_gonetomorrow

Ok, I'm 5' 1" and weigh about 103...is this alright?
heretoday_gonetomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:53 PM   #60
mrs.wes straker

I'm resorting to corsetry. I've found it to be quite enjoyable.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:44 PM   #61
raggedyanne

A good corset reverses the effect of marshmallow peeps and coke.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:42 AM   #62
Kraven de Sade

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.wes straker
Secondly, when I exercise in the a.m., I ended up feeling really hungry all day and eat like a horse. Even when I don't exercise, I eat out of boredom.
Drink water. Lots and lots of water.

Seriously. When you drink water, it flushes your system out, so all the crap that's in there is gone, which equals a little bit of better healther. Also, drinking lots of water makes you feel full, so you don't want to eat as much. And finally, when you drink a lot of water, your body doesn't feel the need to retain as much water as before, and retained water equals roughly 30% of extra body weight.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:17 PM   #63
mrs.wes straker

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretoday_gonetomorrow
Ok, I'm 5' 1" and weigh about 103...is this alright?
You might be slightly thinner than what I'd aspire to be, but as long as you're happy and healthy that's what counts.

*Downs a bottle of water*
Old 05-30-2007, 05:04 PM   #64
heretoday_gonetomorrow

^_^ Soo, random veggies cooked in a skillet with thyme is really good. Kind of random...but yeah, just a no-brainer, eat lots of veggies.
heretoday_gonetomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:55 PM   #65
mrs.wes straker

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretoday_gonetomorrow
^_^ Soo, random veggies cooked in a skillet with thyme is really good. Kind of random...but yeah, just a no-brainer, eat lots of veggies.
I love fruit and vegetables, but I get sick of the side effects. You can use your imagination as to what those might be.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:52 PM   #66
Senor_Sadomachism

You guys are going to looove this Rice n Shine
Senor_Sadomachism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:37 PM   #67
mrs.wes straker

I vonda if dat shite veally verks.

(I wonder if that shit really works)
Old 06-06-2007, 12:24 AM   #68
eternalcrimson

I知 having a lot more fun with the kickboxing class than originally thought I would but is it ever taking a toll on my body. The class starts out with conditioning which includes a mile long run/jog (I知 still not in the best of shape so I do a sprint walk and or jog it to the best of my ability) 20 Jumping Jacks, 20 Push-ups, 20 Sit-ups, 20 Ab crunches, and 20 mountain climbs. From there we get in to technique and I知 doing the best I can in that department. The problem I have is I was born with brain damage and I am far from being stupid but there are some things that I can稚 do that normal people can grasp immediately (For example to this day I still can稚 tie my shoes). Some of my motor skills and dexterity is not well developed and I have some problems especially when they do the combos. For some reason while my mind can see and know what needs to be done my body seems to get confused so there will be times when I知 stuck. I知 hoping that I can improve on that. Other than the fact that my body is really sore and I can barely walk I知 doing well.
eternalcrimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:07 PM   #69
the_cure

Can someone please explain to me the best way to keep a food journal? It sounds like it might be something to help me, but I have no clue as to how to get it started.

If you tell me I will give you a big health food cookie!
the_cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:05 PM   #70
Aaroneet

*consults weight watchers handbook*

If you are counting calories, I would put down what you ate every time you ate, and try to, if you can, find out how many calories you consumed. Do this every time you eat. At the end of the day, calculate how many calories you've consumed, depending on how much weight you lose, if you're dieting, decide if you need to cut calories or maintain.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:21 PM   #71
Senor_Sadomachism

0_0 Maybe you haven't looked at the video yet :P here.
Senor_Sadomachism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:52 PM   #72
Crying_Crimson_Tears

My dad put me on a diet because my medications make me hungrier and so I eat more and I have gained weight. So I have been starting to work out like crazy but I falter so much and then I eat foods that aren't so great for me. I do well then I falter then I do well again, and it's a cycle that keeps going and going. Grrrr, I hate it.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:45 PM   #73
MollyMac

I have found that munching on ice helps. It helps me get enough water, keeps my mouth occupied and fills me up more.

Bonus: Because my mouth is super numb, I have to really think about what I say. It has probably saved my job of a few occasions.

But yeah, kicked up my own exercise a notch. Changed from 30 minutes straight arc-training cardio to three 8 minute stair climbing cardio/strength intervals with weights and yoga about four times a week; one hour of Highland dance 4-5 times a week, one hour of belly dance 4 times a week. I cut out liquid calories, save milk.

I have not lost weight per se, but I dropped an inch on my waist in two weeks and gained more endurance from building the muscle.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:56 PM   #74
kitten

I don't go to the gym...or work out. But i babysit a 2 year old, so I get enough exercise.

But really, I don't have a car, so I walk everywhere. I gots Buns of steel, baby! It doesn't do my for tummy, but it's great if you want a better ass/legs. I don't really have to the money for diet food. (I have to buy what I can afford)
Old 06-25-2007, 03:30 PM   #75
biohazard

Try to exercise for a long time, by walking or running, so you can burn fat. Have a strict diet, and try not to have too much fat either. I exercise at night, but if you feel too tired, try to find a time where you are not busy and still have energy.
biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote