Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:03 AM   #1
JCC

Cool shit that happens at school.

I have been inspired by one of my recent plans for direct action protest against a certain bastard to create this thread. What are you cool experiences of school? Gang war, terrorism, drug deals, buying Playboy from your Math teacher, anything.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:09 AM   #2
Underwater Ophelia

I learned stuff.
That was pretty cool.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:14 AM   #3
a morbid curiosity

My French teacher's completely insane, I think he wants to get himself fired. This morning when we were supposedly learning French grammar he started talking about how he hates the Deputy Head and how she was trying to teach him to talk in an "Orcadian" dialect and how she resembles a bread-and-butter pudding. He also told as a story about the time he got in trouble for writing on a kid's report card that they were "fairly shite" at French (his exact wording), and that the management team explained to the parents that "he's a foreigner, he doesn't know what he's saying". He must think of himself as like the male Jean Brodie or something.

Yeah, not so much cool shit happens around these parts.
a morbid curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:22 PM   #4
honeythorn

We sellotaped a lad to the table........
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:24 PM   #5
HellforgedX

After graduation, I used to get packs of Marlboros from K-Mart for less than $2.50 a pack, and then go to the high school at lunch and sell them for $5 a pack. More than 100% profit! Hooray, supply & demand!
Old 11-07-2008, 02:04 PM   #6
MegearaErotica

A few years ago some seniors boobytrapped the panes of the ceiling. Now everytime the janitors need to change a light, soda cans, textbooks, or dirty gym clothes fall from the sky...
Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:07 PM   #7
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegearaErotica
A few years ago some seniors boobytrapped the panes of the ceiling. Now everytime the janitors need to change a light, soda cans, textbooks, or dirty gym clothes fall from the sky...
That's a pretty asstastic thing to do.

Hurray for limp-dicked brats creating messes hardworking people have to clean up!
Old 11-07-2008, 02:14 PM   #8
jack_the_knife

The only cool thing that happens at school is that the Janitor listens to Alien Sex Fiend on his Ipod. But that's about it really.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:17 PM   #9
Delkaetre

We put someone in the ceiling (lured him up there with empty promises) and left him there till he promised to fuck off and let us use the computers in peace.
The prospect of jumping out of the ceiling onto the pile of upturned chairs with all their pointy legs seemed to teach him the value of letting other people read, talk, study or listen to music in peace.
Note- nonviolent solution. We'd have let him down sooner or later anyway. We didn't force him up there, at no point did anyone attempt to physically harm him. Just contain him.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:18 PM   #10
MegearaErotica

By the time the school found out who did it, they had already graduated, and so got no punishment it. It was a horrible thing to do.
When I was a freshman I was hit on the head by a three year old open bottle of coke from the ceiling. It had mold in it, and I, being allergic to penicillin, broke out in hives.
Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:20 PM   #11
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegearaErotica
It was a horrible thing to do.
It doesn't classify as 'cool' then, damn.

Hopefully on Monday I can put what I'm planning in this thread.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:01 PM   #12
Necrophagist

A concierge at my school listens to cool music? And we put ' meatspin ' as the computer teacher's home page.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #13
Metabolik

My friend played video games too much and thought he was that guy from Assassins Creed and climbed on top of the school =]
Old 11-07-2008, 03:54 PM   #14
TheSomnambulist

Apparently when I was still in high school, one of the teachers had entered the cafeteria during a lunch period with a cactus plant and got completely undressed. I wouldn't label it as being cool, but it's uncommon.
TheSomnambulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:22 PM   #15
Cicero

My highschool, an American international school in a Muslim country, got a great slew of fake bomb threats over the years. It all started when my sister was about to get drug tested (for which she was going to be positive for the second or third time, and consequently expelled. Really stupid drug rules) and made a desperate plead to her friend to get everyone out of the school before it happened. Her awesome friend, an Egyptian with a great accent, called the first bomb threat in with expert realism. Everyone was convinced, the bomb squad was called, and after being evacuated we all got to go home early. Awesome day for everyone involved, though we were a tad disappointed not getting to see the school crumble in a ball of flames.

That first time was when I was in 8th grade. Every year after that we'd get another bomb threat (or two, or three), all copycats, often around exam time. Massive investigations went into every one of them, chaos and panic ensued with some, and all the while I knew it all started with my dear sister's drug habits.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:24 PM   #16
Felreaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by a morbid curiosity
My French teacher's completely insane, I think he wants to get himself fired. This morning when we were supposedly learning French grammar he started talking about how he hates the Deputy Head and how she was trying to teach him to talk in an "Orcadian" dialect and how she resembles a bread-and-butter pudding. He also told as a story about the time he got in trouble for writing on a kid's report card that they were "fairly shite" at French (his exact wording), and that the management team explained to the parents that "he's a foreigner, he doesn't know what he's saying". He must think of himself as like the male Jean Brodie or something.

Yeah, not so much cool shit happens around these parts.
Oh god, my german teacher is the exact way... except that she's not a foreigner. Heh, in fact, this kid Devin tripped her and she got one of those fractures that breaks through the skin, HA!!!
Felreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:13 PM   #17
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSomnambulist
Apparently when I was still in high school, one of the teachers had entered the cafeteria during a lunch period with a cactus plant and got completely undressed. I wouldn't label it as being cool, but it's uncommon.
Lool, that's labeled not as cool, but as a sex offense.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:24 PM   #18
Jonathan

One time I walked into the men's room and saw two kids smoking a joint. I ran away, and made myself wait till I got home because I didn't want to get the drugs in me.

Boy, was I awesome back then.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:38 PM   #19
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
My highschool, an American international school in a Muslim country, got a great slew of fake bomb threats over the years. It all started when my sister was about to get drug tested (for which she was going to be positive for the second or third time, and consequently expelled. Really stupid drug rules) and made a desperate plead to her friend to get everyone out of the school before it happened. Her awesome friend, an Egyptian with a great accent, called the first bomb threat in with expert realism. Everyone was convinced, the bomb squad was called, and after being evacuated we all got to go home early. Awesome day for everyone involved, though we were a tad disappointed not getting to see the school crumble in a ball of flames.

That first time was when I was in 8th grade. Every year after that we'd get another bomb threat (or two, or three), all copycats, often around exam time. Massive investigations went into every one of them, chaos and panic ensued with some, and all the while I knew it all started with my dear sister's drug habits.
Our bomb threats were a bit less fun, mainly because they always seemed to happen in the winter and so we would have to sit out in the football stadium till the bomb squad had swept the building...mind you the bomb squad was coming from about half an hour away so we had to sit on our asses for a while.

On the plus side most of the teachers were pretty cool, and the old principle would make skanky looking girls who broke the dress code wear a trash bag all day (mind you he wasn't a hard ass about it and our dress code was pretty lenient so the girls really did look like turbo sluts). That guy was so well loved that when he died even though he was retired for about a year they held two memorial services, one of which was specifically for the students, I think about 3,000 of us went.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:43 PM   #20
Duane

Nothing really happens, just the usual small town school drama. Wanna be gangsters trying to act hardcore, students complaining about teachers "abusing" their authority, the "fun" stuff.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:09 AM   #21
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero

This happened at a call center I used to work at, really all it was was people just leaving bomb threat notes around so that we could get evacuated and miss out on an hour of work.

I think the coolest thing we did in highschool was stick gummy bears to the ceiling in grade 8, they are still there to this day. Actually in grade twelve one of them fell and shattered.

We did occasionally walk out of the school in protest of something or other, but normally it was more in the spirit of wanting to skip off rather than the actual cause. The stupidest reasons were a few times it was because a student found out they had scabies, and a lot of people walked out because apparently they were afraid they were going to get it. The most worthy cause was when there was a huge strike province wide, a lot of our school's office secreties and custodians were members of NAPE, so we went out in the snow with them one day to show our support. Normally thought it was a very sadly apathetic bunch, me and a friend were always trying to get activist groups going, most notably Students For A Free Tibet, but aside from agreeing to sign whatever petitions we had no one cared, we had three members including myself. Most people never even heard of Tibet before.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:15 AM   #22
raggedyanne

We have art shows and poetry readings once a month, and ridiculously frequent fire drills. Just because we are in California does not mean we will spontaneously combust. I was at school early the other day to get my Latin homework done, and the fire bell rang. I was forced to go out to the soccer field even though I didn't have a first period. Obviously I didn't get my homework done. For such a paranoid country, American schools don't get many bomb threats. Though someone did attempt to light the school on fire last year. Somewhat tellingly of the American educational system, the boy attempted to start the blaze on the side of the one remaining brick building on campus. He failed (of course) but it got us all out of school for the rest of the week while they interrogated people.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:17 AM   #23
Apathy's_Child

One time, I'm 90% sure a reasonably young and hot teacher was flirting with me. I think she fluttered her eyelashes a little while touching my arm and telling me I was her best student. She used to wear the hottest high heels.

That's about the coolest experience I ever had at school, most of it sucked.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 07:39 AM   #24
$haDe

How people react to well-known fearness and unknown fearness ?

Set them up with the situation 'victims' know what would happen and the one that completely lost.

We moved Jesus statue off and have one guy dress like him.

See what would people do if the guy move or something pretty much 'alive'.

The result didn't tell a thing. Not quite impressive.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:38 AM   #25
Ryaken

On Thursday my form tutor (Well new form tutor, we had a real nitch before him) Did thae robot PERFECTLY. I don't think he's very old but old enough to of been around and remember how to. He's also an ex-boxer and freaked out when any of the Metal lovers, slightly scene kids or myself try to hug him, I love that guy ^.^
Ryaken is offline   Reply With Quote