Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-15-2006, 09:23 PM   #76
Teh_Emi

Haven't read through the entire board, so if this has already been said, sorreh...

But how do you deal with blemishes if you have naturally pale skin? I DO have pale skin, but I also inherited from my father a troubled complexion (which is getting better thanks to St. Ives and Stridex...). Concealers don't help much. Advice?
Teh_Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:20 AM   #77
Sanctus Dei

Believe it or not darlin' get yourself some proactive, the shit works.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:43 AM   #78
Wise Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Emi
Haven't read through the entire board, so if this has already been said, sorreh...

But how do you deal with blemishes if you have naturally pale skin? I DO have pale skin, but I also inherited from my father a troubled complexion (which is getting better thanks to St. Ives and Stridex...). Concealers don't help much. Advice?
The most important thing is to eat lots of fruit and vegetables, drink plenty of water and avoid junk. If you eat crap then unless you're really, really lucky, you won't have good skin, no matter what you put on it.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:06 PM   #79
LaLaRoX

Talking

well, all i do is 2 stay away from da sun, drink soya n milk, n apply ordinary milk lotion...
i'm pale!!!!
LaLaRoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:56 PM   #80
Crom Crauch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Child
The most important thing is to eat lots of fruit and vegetables, drink plenty of water and avoid junk. If you eat crap then unless you're really, really lucky, you won't have good skin, no matter what you put on it.
wow... I must be really luck then... I have very good skin.

Iucunda macula est ex inimici sanguine

Quod sum eris
Crom Crauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:16 PM   #81
Blushing Heliophobe

I forget who recommended using toner - I think it was Wise - but it worked. I started using the Neutrogena toner w/ salicylic acid before bed and I was totally shocked at how much soap doesn't clean your pores out. My skin is clearer already
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:01 AM   #82
Wise Child

I've said it before and I'll say it again - if your skin is on the oily side, toner is your best friend!

Crom, you're damn lucky, yes. I have a friend like you - can eat shit, chug back Coke like tap water and tea the rest of the time, and still have pretty much perfect skin. People like you make me sick. With jealousy, that is. I'm one of those people where if I eat junk, I won't have clear skin, simple as.

Old 04-25-2006, 03:10 AM   #83
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Child
Crom, you're damn lucky, yes. I have a friend like you - can eat shit, chug back Coke like tap water and tea the rest of the time, and still have pretty much perfect skin. People like you make me sick. With jealousy, that is. I'm one of those people where if I eat junk, I won't have clear skin, simple as.
A word of warning! It will eventually have an effect! All that junk food will take its toll - developing a taste for it will make it tougher to clean up your act when you get older and your body is not as resilient and resistant to nasty toxins.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:24 AM   #84
Wise Child

Ooh, goodie! Then I can look smug in my clear-skinned face. *evil laugh*

Old 04-25-2006, 03:27 AM   #85
Morrigan_Dubh

Ya, the Schadenfreud factor is very high there for me too :P
Old 04-25-2006, 01:21 PM   #86
Solumina

for the most part I have really nice clear skin but once a month I get a realy nasty break out. I know that it is hormonal but do any of you have any tips for keeping that from happening?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:07 AM   #87
Blushing Heliophobe

I can't remember what brand it was, but a little while back while I was shopping I saw a 'one week a month' facial cleanser that had higher than usual amounts of either benzoyl peroxide or salycilic acid in it. The idea being, before that 'one week a month' you used this instead of your regular cleanser and it would keep you clear.

Sorry I don't know the name brand, but if you are in the States then you have WalMarts and all those fun stores so I bet you should be able to find it.

Hope this helps!
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:13 AM   #88
polished_wolf_claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Without chemicals, dear, you can't lighten your skin.
Make a cream from Lemon juice and Moisturizer..... :P

"Teh Lordz Satan Protektz me frm ebil in mah PANTS!!!!!11111"
polished_wolf_claws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 05:45 AM   #89
Morrigan_Dubh

Have you used that? Does it work?
Old 04-28-2006, 06:11 AM   #90
Mistress-Liriel

Well, the store bought lighteners do not generally work any better than homemade remedies.

I have bad skin, and am currently taking Accutane. Talk about red skin.... Anyway, I have unnaturally pale skin, so I've got that covered, BUT when I have a bad breakout, I get angry red scars. I was told to try apple cider vinegar. It works very well. I can't use it now on the Accutane, but for you 'normal' gals and guys, give it a whirl. Use it as a toner in the morning and evening. I was told to apply it and then rinse with cool water after about 10 minutes, but I never rinsed it. It evens out and slightly whitens the skin. If you have dry to normal skin, mix one part vinegar to one part water to reduce the harshness.

~L
Mistress-Liriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:33 AM   #91
PainisyourFriend

If you do the make-up thing and have sensitive skin (rosacea) try mineral make up. There are several brands online that specialize in being free from anything that might cause irritation. They also have some that are pale to match your skin tone. Or my favorite for a night out Larenim Pallor, it has a blue undertone for that fresh corpse look (Expensive though, I only bought the sample size) The stuff is made out of Titanium dioxide which is one of the active ingredients in many sunscreens so it will even help your skin stay pale.
PainisyourFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 06:00 AM   #92
olieviya

Anybody got a recipe for that lemon facial whitener?

When do you apply it?
olieviya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 04:29 PM   #93
Goth Blonde

I don't really know, but once my mom told me I wasn't looking like I was getting enough
iron, and that I looked a little like Lenore.
Goth Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 04:52 PM   #94
Sobeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goth Blonde
I don't really know, but once my mom told me I wasn't looking like I was getting enough
iron, and that I looked a little like Lenore.
So, in other words, "Nevermind this thread, let's talk about me."
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 05:18 PM   #95
DrenchedInGin

Getting enough iron doesn't really affect whether or not one has nice clear, pale skin, alas. I know this because I suffer from anaemia. And although it sounds all gothy and glamorous, there's really nothing glam about having nasty-coloured gums and bruised-looking eyes, and shallow-breathing. Ugh. In fact, even at my (ehem) advanced age, my skin is more likely to break out if I am having an anaemic moment, probably because of the physical stress factor.

The condition of my skin very much reflects my physical health, so I find that if my skin is really bad, a little regime of multivitamins, vast amounts of water and even more vast amounts of sleep helps. During these times I swap my usual makeup for a very light oil-free tinted 30+ sunblock, and a mini home facial with a fresh clay or oatmeal masque twice a week helps to clear things up.

As far as whitening options, I'm afraid I cheat a bit by using a foundation just a teeny shade lighter than my skin, which I mix with a tiny bit of a commercial highlighting cream. Then I use a transluscent powder over the top. It lightens just enough to make me look fascinatingly pale and anaemic (which is so not the same as actually being anaemic) and at the same time, doesn't look really weird in natural light or in photo flashes.

And, by the way, if anybody else out there suffers from iron deficiency, I strongly recommend a pint of Guinness (age permitting). I was told by the doctor that the iron in beer is fairly bio-available and can be absorbed a bit more easily. And it makes you feel much better!
DrenchedInGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 08:11 AM   #96
Immortal_Death

i wish my skin was grayish pale..
Old 06-18-2006, 12:15 PM   #97
Alrek

I've been having such a problem myself, the funny thing is my face is somewhat pinker than the rest of my body (which is basically a few shades from albino). The funny thing is: when I wake up, the skin is basically the same shade, but after a shower and everything, it becomes somewhat pinker, and it gets very pink (as if I had been in the sun too bloody long) if I sit down for over 30 minutes. I may just have to put make-up over the skin on the face, if nothing else to get rid of the small amount of acne.

Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated. Also, specifically which toner (URL also appreciated)?
Alrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:33 AM   #98
end.of.eternity

I've got a pale and slender skin and I'm the kind of one who doesn't get tanned of the sun, but burnt, which is worse. In summer I protect myself from the sun as much as I can.. I luckily don't have acne but my skin is in any other way very sensitive.

I thought of using lemon to get more paler skin, but my skin cannot take it 'cause it's too strong
Old 06-20-2006, 05:03 PM   #99
Haunted House

I'm the same way. I just can't get tanned at all. I only burn. What I do to keep pale as well as protect myself from burning is first off avoiding going outside when the sun is very strong. I know it dosn't sound very practical, but thats the main thing. Second, if I do go out I wear long sleeves and pant. It's hell in summer but it's better than being burned. Third, If I want to go out to say, 7-Eleven or anywhere else close by, I do it when the sun is setting or at night. Again, it dosn't sound practical, but it helps.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:28 PM   #100
Alrek

I never go out at all except at night if it can be helped. It's worked for the rest of the body, but strangely enough, not the face...
Alrek is offline   Reply With Quote