Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:32 PM   #301
opheliasghost

thank gawd this thread exists. I'm naturally very pale. My parents call me their "english rose" because I got all of my coloring from my father's side of the family (from England). Very white skin and very blue eyes. The problem is, my mothers side of the family are naturally very dark. Somewhere along the lines there is native in are bloodline. So, I usually take every procaution I can to keep myself from tanning at all. I use SPF 70 sunblock, try not to expose much skin, stay out of the sun, exfolate like mad, and have milk baths.

Unfortunately, last weeked, I went down town for the Gay Pride festivities and my sunblock crapped out on me. My chest is burnt to a fucking crisp! And my face is so dark compared to my normal pale. It looks horrible. I don't like tanning because I feel just makes people look dirty. (my opinion, I dont mean to offend anyone.) Plus, it's tres ugly with my very black hair.

I had heatstroke too, so Im sure the burn could have been worse. But, it doesn't make me a very happy camper. I'm going to milk bathe daily now, and probably try that lemon and yogurt thing.
opheliasghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:48 PM   #302
Epitaphica

(incase it was missed, this is opheliasghost under a new name)

So, Friday night I tried the lemon juice idea. I also had a milk bath with lemon juice. I took a lemon and juiced it into a bowl. I scrubbed my face with St. Ives Apricot Scrub (excellent exfolater) then I took cotton balls and rubbed the lemon juice as evenly as possible all over my face and neck. About Twenty minutes later, I took it off, exfolated again, and then used an organic moisturizer. I could tell, right away, that there was a difference. My face used to be as dark as my chest was, now theres a very obvious difference in colour.

Saturday, when I did my makeup, I decided to try my foundation (which is my normal skin color) and see if I could use it without looking like a clown. It worked perfectly! I'm pretty much back to my actual skintone! If anyone was doubting it, I suggest trying it. It works. But you need to exfolate first and make sure you moisturize afterwards because it really does dry your skin out. I used an organic moisturizer because I figure my face took a beating from the exfolation and lemon juice, so I didnt want to put chemicals on top of it.
Epitaphica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:55 AM   #303
She_Is_My_Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkprincess772
well i dont know much but milk is supposed to be a naturall skin whitener, i myself am thinking of trying it.
I don't think that actually works. Just because cow juice is pale, doesn't mean it's going to help you stay nice and pasty.

I'm lucky that I'm naturally pale, but sometimes I get a slight tan. I like the sound of the lemon juice. Would it possibly also work on reducing the appearance of freckles?
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 05:49 AM   #304
constanza

Quote:
Would it possibly also work on reducing the appearance of freckles?

i think so. im a natural redhead so my skin is allmost white but i have a bad case of freckles this balm clears them up though : http://www.geocities.com/rainforest/...ml#frecklebalm
constanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 04:20 PM   #305
faye_falling

Ugh, my face is actually paler than everthing else. Do you think it would be bad to try some of these on my back, arms and chest, or is that too large of an area?
faye_falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 05:01 PM   #306
Icy_Vampiress

Haha! How do you guys think I feel, I've been attacked by the freckle demon!!!
Icy_Vampiress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:47 AM   #307
Opteron_Man

Um, I am not sure but ever since I became a vegitarion, my skin has cleared up and lightened. My teeth are nearly napkin white.

I take it back, I don't eat meat but I drink milk and eat eggs. I also wear leather jackets. Am I still a Vegan?
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:11 AM   #308
DravenCherry

Is peroxide and lemon juice 100% safe mixed together? I just started using Lemon juice but ive been hesitant on the peroxide. Will it stain my face?? Will it just come off over time? I don't want to ruin my face. And if it doesn't damage the skin what kind of hydrogen peroxide should you use? Is there a %?
DravenCherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:42 PM   #309
emoschemo13

only thing i know is staying away from the sun as much as possible...
emoschemo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:02 PM   #310
DravenCherry

Gah, my mom told me if you use lemon juice allot it will make you lose elasticity in your face. I guess ones a week is okay. I guess there isn't much of a way to make yourself paler than to put makeup on and avoid the sun. I wonder what damage peroxide does.
DravenCherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #311
devenir abeille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man
Um, I am not sure but ever since I became a vegitarion, my skin has cleared up and lightened. My teeth are nearly napkin white.

I take it back, I don't eat meat but I drink milk and eat eggs. I also wear leather jackets. Am I still a Vegan?
Vegans do not consume nor wear anything that has animal products in it whatsoever.

I've a bit of a flushed color to my face, as well. Recently I've been using Neutrogena products religiously... and it has helped some. On a whim, I also invested in a very light mineral powder- I simply adore it. By far, the best cosmetic product I've ever purchased.
devenir abeille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:43 AM   #312
bluey-green-vein

lower your intake of iron, should do it
bluey-green-vein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 03:19 PM   #313
BitternessMusic

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I've found simple hydrocortisone cream works wonders - especially to remove any redness I may get from time to time on my face. I'll apply a little bit over the red areas before I go to sleep and when I wake up my face looks quite a bit better.

A few others that I'm sure has been mentioned already is sleeping well, staying hydrated, lots of sunblock (and remember to get places like ears and back of the neck), wearing hats, and staying out of the sun as much as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrek
I never go out at all except at night if it can be helped. It's worked for the rest of the body, but strangely enough, not the face...
It could be because your clothing covers most of your body and certain types of light is being reflected off of objects onto your face. Though, if you're running around naked in rooms with absolutely no light whatsoever, then I think you may have a problem.
BitternessMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 03:31 PM   #314
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey-green-vein
That could cause some less than desirable side effects. If you have allover redness then you may have rosacea which is a fairly common skin condition and many stores carry product lines made specifically to help alleviate its symptoms.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 04:16 PM   #315
Pica

Quote:
I Have an indian friend who wanted a paler, more fair complexion,She had very tanned skin teamed with a red blush like complexion, she tried 'Skin Fairing creams& lotions' Tha worked very well,
Um...im also indian and I was wondering if you could ask your friend which creams and lotions she used??? And how she used them???
Pica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:02 PM   #316
Lady Ruthven

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
I can see only one vein and it's on my left breast , it's huge as well :/ I can't see any others at all. If there were any visible on my inner forearms , which is where they can be seen on all my friends, then mine are no longer visible. But that is probably because they are hidden by all the ink ! ^_^
You can only see one vein?! I have loads, particularly on my hands and arms. I also have one on my forehead which randomly appears when I get hot and is NOT pretty. Generally I think little ones are nice though.
Lady Ruthven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:08 PM   #317
Lady Ruthven

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey-green-vein View Post
Really? I am a vegetarian, I have never taken any kind of iron supplements and I am already anaemic. But I'm still not as pale as I want to be.
Lady Ruthven is offline   Reply With Quote