Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:56 AM   #1
Tea and Cake or Death

Women more troubled by bag theft than ****

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...ims/article.do

A senior BNP leader with a strong chance of winning a seat in the London Assembly next month has written that **** is a "myth" and that "some women are like gongs - they need to be struck regularly."

The Standard can reveal that Nick Eriksen, the BNP's London organiser and the second-highest candidate on its list for the Assembly, is the author of "Sir John Bull," a notorious far-Right blog which has regularly advocated hatred and abuse against women. The disclosure will be a serious blow to the BNP's hopes of London electoral success.

On 24 August 2005, Mr Eriksen wrote: "I've never understood why so many men have allowed themselves to be brainwashed by the feminazi myth machine into believing that **** is such a serious crime ... **** is simply sex. Women enjoy sex, so **** cannot be such a terrible physical ordeal.

"To suggest that ****, when conducted without violence, is a serious crime is like suggesting that forcefeeding a woman chocolate cake is a heinous offence. A woman would be more inconvenienced by having her handbag snatched.

"The demonisation of **** is all part of the feminazi desire to obtain power and mastery over men. Men who go along with the **** myth are either morons or traitors."

On 5 November 2005, in an item entitled "Give her a slap!," Mr Eriksen approvingly quoted Noel Coward as saying: "Some women are like gongs - they need to be struck regularly." On 8 November, he claimed that "the vast majority of domestic [assaults] are initiated by the woman." Mr Eriksen also wrote on 24 November 2005 that mothers "should never go out to work" and described career women as "unnatural and vile... it is a strange kind of woman who would want to invest [her] energies into her job rather than into a man."

Eleven of the 25 Assembly members are elected on a London-wide basis using a form of proportional representation. The BNP is likely to win at least one of these seats, for which it needs around five per cent of the vote, and has strong hopes of winning a second, for which it needs around seven to eight per cent. If the BNP does win two seats, one of them will go to Mr Eriksen and one to London party leader Richard Barnbrook.

Gerry Gable, publisher of the antifascist magazine Searchlight, said: "It is horrifying, and an amazing indictment of the BNP, that someone with these views could be elected to the London Assembly. What is his attitude going to be to his women constituents?"

The author of the Sir John Bull blog, which stopped publication last autumn, is not identified on the website itself. But the Standard established that it is Mr Eriksen by posing as a BNP sympathiser and sending a message to the site's contact email address, johnbull@englandmail.com.

Within two days, Mr Eriksen replied, signing his name, giving Mr Barnbrook's contact number and saying: "As for your kind comments about the blog, I may well restart this after the elections - we shall see what happens! All the best, Nick."

Contacted by the Standard last night, Mr Eriksen admitted the blog postings were written by him, but said they were "deliberately provocative" in order to stimulate debate.

"I was trying to make the point that there are two kinds of ****," he said. "There is stranger **** and there is so-called **** by somebody the woman knows. I was raising an important issue in a provocative way to allow people to make up their own minds."

Mr Eriksen insisted that he "did not condone violence in any way," but was "trying to highlight the fact that violence against men is unacceptable." He said: "It's typical of the media to distort what the BNP say."

Mr Eriksen, a former Tory councillor and ex-civil servant at the Department for Culture, Media and Sport who lives in Richmond, says he will not resign. If he and Mr Barnbrook are elected, BNP leader Nick Griffin says the party will be invited on the BBC's Question Time.

*not sure if this belongs HERE or POLITICS*
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:12 PM   #2
Underwater Ophelia

Woah...

WOAH.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:17 PM   #3
Duane

Makes sense to me.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:21 PM   #4
drewsilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Woah...

WOAH.
Took the words right out of my mouth.
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:14 PM   #5
Wednesday Friday Addams

Wow. .
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:22 PM   #6
Apathy's_Child

Y'know, if this shit was delivered by Richard Pryor or Bill Hicks or someone, it'd make decent stand-up material. But here, without a trace of irony, it makes me want to buttfuck the guy 'til he's crying and bleeding THEN ask what he thinks of R.ape.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:42 PM   #7
Tumor

Someone should raep this guy, then steal his wallet. And then see what he says.

I take that back. I don't condone raep.
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:38 PM   #8
Pantherlette086

WTF? That is one of the dumbest thing I have ever heard!
Pantherlette086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:05 PM   #9
Arrephoroi

...Are you fucking kidding me?
Arrephoroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:07 PM   #10
Disposable_Icon

Wow, that is the most disgusting thing that I have ever heard anyone say in my life. I think this guy deserves to die a miserable, and painful death for saying something like that....

**** is a serious thing, and I for one believe that we aren't hard enough on rapists... but that's mostly because of my own past... >_>
Disposable_Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:37 PM   #11
AngelikDemonik

This fucking makes me sick.

http://www.rapevictimadvocates.org/myths.html

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #12
raggedyanne

Damn!
That's just wrong. And if he gets elected I hope his female colleagues "decorate" his desk with something vile.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #13
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Ummm... yeah. I don't believe his cover story.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:07 PM   #14
prophecyofdoom

*sigh* The fucked-up ideas that some people cultivate in their warped minds.... have ceased to shock me. Repel me yes, shock me no.

Help us to be the always hopeful
Gardeners of the spirit
Who know that without darkness
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
prophecyofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:08 AM   #15
CptSternn

Its the BNP. They are right-wing anti-women, anti-minority and pretty much anti-to-many-other things to mention.

BNP = british national party. Their objective to to pass laws that help 'britain'. When they talk about britain, they mean white, upper class, men - which is what they are and what their party mainly supports.

It's not a real shock to hear something like this coming from one of them.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:11 AM   #16
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
Makes sense to me.
That really isn't funny.
Unless you're serious, in which case, maybe that's part of why women find you repulsive.
Actually, even joking about that could lead some women to finding you repulsive.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:39 AM   #17
Dark Clarissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumor
Someone should raep this guy, then steal his wallet. And then see what he says.

I take that back. I don't condone raep.
I totally agree!! I wouldn't want to sink to his level, but the temptation to insert a large sharp projectile into one of his orafices is just so tempting.

The BNP are a disgusting hate-filled party. If you're not a white British anglo-saxon male, you aren't human, in their opinion. Fucking twats.
Dark Clarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:01 AM   #18
bleedingheart344

While I disagree strongly with the statements made by this guy, I will ask which is the more common crime, r@pe or bag theft. That being said, you could argue that bag theft was more worrisome if it happened significantly more often than r@pe. I could care less what statistics say regarding women's attire and likelihood of being r@ped. You have to imagine that even if revealing attire doesn't cause the crime, it certainly doesn't help much. Am I trying to say women can't dress in that manner? No. I'm merely stating my views and I invite you all to argue with me if you find that so horrible to say.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:28 AM   #19
Tam Li Hua

WTF?!?!

I'd like to know what planet he lives on where r.ape isn't a violent sexual act! If it was CONSENSUAL then it wouldn't be R.APE, which is a VIOLENT ACT OF FORCING YOURSELF SEXUALLY ON SOMEONE!! [Even if you throw the idea of role-playing a r.ape scene in a BDSM way, it's still CONSENSUAL.]

Gah, what's wrong with these people?! >__<
Old 04-02-2008, 09:40 AM   #20
Bete Noire

Bloody hell. Sick sick fucks.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:55 AM   #21
Tea and Cake or Death

I just want to know how would he feel if it were his daughter, wife, mother, sister who were attacked? *shrug* Well, he may not care, because apparently...
"some women are like gongs - they need to be struck regularly."
Old 04-02-2008, 10:00 AM   #22
Tea and Cake or Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
Makes sense to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
That really isn't funny.
Unless you're serious, in which case, maybe that's part of why women find you repulsive.
Actually, even joking about that could lead some women to finding you repulsive.
Um, yeah brother. Usually I can roll with a bad gag. I even chuckled a bit at Jilllian's "In soviet russia, microwaves baby you!" but your response was a bit much. I can forgive it if you didn't mean it. Did you?
Old 04-02-2008, 10:34 AM   #23
bleedingheart344

What a sick bastard, by the way. How dare he assume gongs need to be struck regularly? Jesus...
Old 04-02-2008, 10:35 AM   #24
Wormboy

PSH! Duane is a sweetheart, he was merely expressing how nonsensical the claim was in a sarcastic way. He means no harm I'm sure.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:07 PM   #25
Duane

Actually no, it does make sense, not all of it, but some of the parts. I don't think they should be reguraly *****, though, I don't think most of the cases are as bad as some woman make them out to be. They could be somewhat provoked. Could allow themselves to be ***** to get attention. Women aren't as weak and harmless as they seem to be. This is just my opinion* waits for people to condemn him to hell, claim they'd like to see him get *****, killed, the usual stuff*
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote