Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:01 AM   #1
Frozen_Stars

.:Newcomer:.

I'm a Swedish girl, now residing in Japan. Friends tend to call me Vampy because of my pointy/sharp canine teeth (no I'm not a vampire and I don't want to be one either, haha).
I love playing my guitar, writing, drawing and crafting.
My favourite author would be W.B. Yeats.
I love horrorfilms.
I can't choose a favourite band because I listen to a lot of different stuff and it really depends on what mood I'm in... but I mostly listen to Oi! punk and metal. I also like synth and post punk.
Hoping to meet some interesting people (and have interesting conversations) on here.

Feel free to talk to me. I won't bite (unless you're invading my personal space, then I might).
Frozen_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #2
BourbonBoy

Welcome to G.Net. How's Japan? I was stationed in the Far East ten years ago in South Korea and enjoyed it thoroughly.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #3
MorbidWombat

Hi.. also a newcomer :P... So you play guitar?
MorbidWombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #4
Frozen_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourbonBoy View Post
Welcome to G.Net. How's Japan? I was stationed in the Far East ten years ago in South Korea and enjoyed it thoroughly.
Thank you! Japan is very hot and humid at the moment. We're supposed to have the "rain season" over here now but instead we've had scorching sunlight and heat. Well, yesterday they said on the news that a typhoon is heading this way. But I like it here, I just miss my European friends immensely.
South Korea... I'd love to go there one day. I went to Taiwan for 1 week and I absolutely loved it there. It was like a gigant greenhouse.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #5
Frozen_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidWombat View Post
Hi.. also a newcomer :P... So you play guitar?
Hi! Yeah, I've been playing since I was 13 but I never really took lessons, so I'm self-taught. :P Still dreaming of the day I can get an electric one, haha.
I used to play the cello when I was 12, I kind of miss it. It's a very nice instrument. Clavichord is another lovely, creepy one but I've never in my life seen one anywhere. :O
Old 06-10-2013, 11:54 PM   #6
MorbidWombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen_Stars View Post
Hi! Yeah, I've been playing since I was 13 but I never really took lessons, so I'm self-taught. :P Still dreaming of the day I can get an electric one, haha.
I used to play the cello when I was 12, I kind of miss it. It's a very nice instrument. Clavichord is another lovely, creepy one but I've never in my life seen one anywhere. :O
Ive also been playing since i was 13, or 14 oO. also self taught ^^. I prefer my classical guitar to my electric to be honest, but hey im weird like that :P. I love cellos, cant play it though. Hmmm. I have never heard of a clavichord XP. What is it?? Btw, people always tell me never to go to japan because no one speaks english, is this really true? Do i really have to learn Japanese so i wont get lost if i go there?
Old 06-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #7
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Welcome, I like your name. From your music tastes I am curious about your feelings about Skrillex or Sponge, I enjoy both.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:12 AM   #8
Frozen_Stars

Quote:
Ive also been playing since i was 13, or 14 oO. also self taught ^^. I prefer my classical guitar to my electric to be honest, but hey im weird like that :P. I love cellos, cant play it though. Hmmm. I have never heard of a clavichord XP. What is it?? Btw, people always tell me never to go to japan because no one speaks english, is this really true? Do i really have to learn Japanese so i wont get lost if i go there?
A clavichord is stringed keyboard instrument known from the late Medieval, through the Renaissance, Baroque and Classical eras. I think. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. :P It sounds creepy when you play it, I guess that's why I like it. ^^

Sadly this is true, VERY few speaks English and that would have to be the people working at the train stations. :-/ The best thing is to know enough Japanese to survive as a tourist, or bring a phrasebook. I mean, there ARE people who speak English, but they are very few. :P At least what I've seen so far and I've been here for 6 months now. Maybe I'm just going to the wrong places... haha.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:13 AM   #9
Frozen_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
Welcome, I like your name. From your music tastes I am curious about your feelings about Skrillex or Sponge, I enjoy both.
Thank you!
I do listen to Skrillex from time to time but I've never heard of Sponge.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #10
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Here is a sample of post punk band Sponge, Giants :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcYLXGqiGdg

Also check out their songs Rotting Pinata, Molly, and Plowed.

and Skrillex, just 'cause:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=081Jb...Pc4VJ&index=30

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #11
MorbidWombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen_Stars View Post
A clavichord is stringed keyboard instrument known from the late Medieval, through the Renaissance, Baroque and Classical eras. I think. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. :P It sounds creepy when you play it, I guess that's why I like it. ^^

Sadly this is true, VERY few speaks English and that would have to be the people working at the train stations. :-/ The best thing is to know enough Japanese to survive as a tourist, or bring a phrasebook. I mean, there ARE people who speak English, but they are very few. :P At least what I've seen so far and I've been here for 6 months now. Maybe I'm just going to the wrong places... haha.
Very very beautiful instrument. I was curious so i googled it :P ^^. It does sound creepy ^^.

So my best bet would be to learn some Japanese... I really wanna see Japan someday. But first, Europe . Frozen star chan :P, i heard toilets in Japan inspect your poo lol XP? My friend said they check your poop out :0 lol. im envious of you :P. So why are you there if you dont mind me asking?
Old 06-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #12
Frozen_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
Here is a sample of post punk band Sponge, Giants :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcYLXGqiGdg

Also check out their songs Rotting Pinata, Molly, and Plowed.

and Skrillex, just 'cause:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=081Jb...Pc4VJ&index=30
Hey, I enjoyed Sponge, I'll listen a bit more to them when I have time. (today I'm studying for a test I have on tuesday... the audio lessons are so boring!) Thanks for the links.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:49 PM   #13
Frozen_Stars

Quote:
Very very beautiful instrument. I was curious so i googled it :P ^^. It does sound creepy ^^.

So my best bet would be to learn some Japanese... I really wanna see Japan someday. But first, Europe . Frozen star chan :P, i heard toilets in Japan inspect your poo lol XP? My friend said they check your poop out :0 lol. im envious of you :P. So why are you there if you dont mind me asking?

They do?! LOL I had no idea but I wouldn't be surprised either! xD 95% of all public toilets I've been to have this weird noise function, you put your hand up in front of this light which activates the sound of running water/peeing noise... because apparently it's embarrassing when other people can hear you pee. -_- So you can make artificial pee-noise to cover the actual sound of peeing. Weird.
Anyway, I'm here because I wanted adventure, and live in a very different place compared to where I'm from (Sweden). I like it here but Tokyo people are very reserved. I'm the opposite so I'm probably scaring a lot of people over here. xD
Old 01-12-2014, 10:23 PM   #14
Frozen_Stars

Return of the loving dead

I wasn't sure where else to post this, so I'll just post it in my old thread.

My absence (nearly half a year!!!) is because of a shitload of things.
- Fulltime studies and work at the same time
- HUGE test I HAD to pass
- Boyfriend broke up

But now I'm back and hopefully I'll be on here a bit more often.