Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:42 AM   #1
Seraphynth

Salutations

Only because Charlotte was the coolest spider I knew in fourth grade. xD

1. What do you do?
I quit my job at the zoo so I'm jobless. 8D
Hobbies: Drawing; sleeping; collecting My Little Ponies, Sanrio plushies, Care Bear plushies, anything cute, and plush rabbits (yay for Easter sales! ); reading (from fairy tales to essays to DnD novels to manga to the back of your shampoo bottles); and I'm sure I do more that I just can't think of when it's thrown at me as a question x:

2. Where are you from?
Alabama 8D But I live in North East Florida (currently), I'll be in Tampa in half a year

3. Who is your favorite author?
Poppy Z. Brite and Francesaca Lia Blocke (and the Grimm brothers)

4. What are your favorite films?
Jurasic Park, Howl's Moving Castle, House of 1000 Corpses, Rock A Doodle, and The Neverending Story

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
I'm not sure yet, I want a mix of a bit of things

6. At your funeral?
Same as number 5

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Not the way my boyfriend's ex-fiance did (brain annuerism in the bathtub)...
And I'm pretty convinced I'm going to die at the age of 21 in a car accident (hence why I don't drive yet).
I think I'd prefer to die by being eaten alive by zombies, but I doubt that'll happen. Maybe a brain annuerism isn't such a bad way to go. :/

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Oooh...the same one I saw when I was in sixth grade and my dad worked for a funeral home: it was one of the pink ones that had a pink satin interior and pink lacey pillow. That thing was so awesome. Who gets burried in pink caskets? Everyone always gets black.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Oh no, you're gonna make me pic a favourite? D: I really like my Meta white lace skirt and this random white lace shirt with a black corset over it, white tights, and my Pleaser boots.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Running through the woods and climbing trees, playing in the mud and creaks. There's not much like that where I live now as there was in Alabama. :C

11. What's your favorite band?
Deathstars and Deadstar Assembly (I'm also growing partial to Eisbrecher)

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
Currently I'll be graduating from high school in eleven weeks. Then I want to either be an animator for Disney, a funeral director, a wedding planner, or...a houswewife. o: Women are never housewives anymore... :C
So I guess I'll be majoring in buisness. o:

13. Why did you join?
Just because. ^^; I'm really not sure why, since I'm more of a perky goth who leans towrds the mopey/Victorian style of dressing and this place seems more angled towards...er, the stereotypical goth. I hope to be proven wrong. x:

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
It should be obvious as to what gender I am. D:
Seraphynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:56 AM   #2
theradicalviper

wasnt this already posted a while ago?
theradicalviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:00 PM   #3
theradicalviper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphynth
Only because Charlotte was the coolest spider I knew in fourth grade. xD
D:
neverending story was good but i forgot how many there were, any nice to meet you you sound intereising. i myself think im growing insane...
Old 03-03-2007, 12:09 PM   #4
theradicalviper

oh sorry that was DecadentHeroine
Old 03-03-2007, 01:01 PM   #5
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Describe your version of steriotypical goth for a moment. It's doubtful that this forum falls into the catagory but if it is a highly educated version of the goth steriotype then it might be possible.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:34 PM   #6
Seraphynth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
Describe your version of steriotypical goth for a moment. It's doubtful that this forum falls into the catagory but if it is a highly educated version of the goth steriotype then it might be possible.
I read around and realised that the stereotype I thought I was seeing was only being shown in a few members, so I felt a bit better after that. ^^;
As for the stereotype, er, trying to lay down being goth as it has to be all about the music. I for one, could care less about what kind of music I'm listening to as long as it's something I like (heck, I still listen to the Spice Girls).
Another stereotype being obsessed with death. My dad is a preacher, so while I may completely disagree with all of his views and hate beign dragged off to church three times a week, I did learn to accept death, but not obsess over it.
But again, I'm seeing that the forums are bit more diverse than what I was thinking they were. I'm glad for that. :3
Old 03-03-2007, 03:44 PM   #7
alshio

Hello! Don't give up on the zombies. Anything is possable.

http://media.www.dailyemerald.com/me...-2725370.shtml
In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed – they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo, Brunelleschi, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.
- Orson Wells
alshio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 04:15 PM   #8
Seraphynth

Quote:
Originally Posted by theradicalviper
neverending story was good but i forgot how many there were, any nice to meet you you sound intereising. i myself think im growing insane...
There were three of them. :3
And they were based on two books written by Michael Ende. Only one of those books was translated into English and published in America (the one entitled The Neverending Story).
Old 03-03-2007, 04:23 PM   #9
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Your father worked in a funeral home? I am very jealous!
I would have loved to have grown up in a family where I could go with dad to work now and then at a funeral home!

Welcome Seraphynth!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 05:35 PM   #10
DecadentHeroine

Welcome! You seem pretty cool.

Man, a pink and lacy casket would be awesome.
DecadentHeroine is offline   Reply With Quote