Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 10:15 PM   #8876
winged_dreams

So sorry to hear that darkangel.

My aunt is getting over cancer and she's not exactly following the doctor's orders. She keeps getting dehydrated. She's in North Carolina so I can't go visit her.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
Old 05-10-2006, 02:19 AM   #8877
Wise Child

When I was younger, I used to be chuffed if some child or shop assistant called me, "that lady". Now that I'm a little older, it's started to work the other way - yesterday, I heard the manager in the bar where I work describing me as "the kid over there, with the red hair." It made me happy.

I'm only fucking 21. *laments becoming a part of the youth-worshipping culture*

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Old 05-10-2006, 03:49 AM   #8878
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus Dei
I'm beyond depressed right now... I'm waiting to hear from the one job prospect I care about (it's been over two weeks of bullshit) I've learned of a few things I'm horribly upset about... I hate working overnights... and I haven't been able to hear out of my right ear for three days and I'm scared.. fucking lack of health insurance.. god I just want to crawl into a hole.

Other then that I'm peachy fucking keen.
I wish I had more access to the internet and more time these days. I really would like to have been able to respond to this sooner.

Sanctus, it cuts me to the quick to hear you struggle so. As you may remember, I went through 6 months of frustrating job searching recently until I finally landed a pretty decent job. So at least on that front, you know you have my utter empathy.

I also have to say that when I moved to Houston over 5 years ago, I was here for 3 months, had just started working and did not have health insurance when I fell deathly ill. I ended up in the hospital for 13 days after never being seriously sick a day in my life. A lung full of fluid, a chest wall covered with infected matter and a complicated thoracic surgery that was touch and go for a while left me alive but over $100,000.00 in debt. But you know what? The key word there is ALIVE. So I'm working off the debt and smelling the clean, sweet air of life evey day with new appreciation. I'm not saying it's easy, I'm just saying it is so, so, so much better than the alternative.

So if the ear keeps giving you grief, march your butt down to the emergency room and make them treat you. Worry about the details of insurance and money later. I want to strongly encourage you to do this, as 3 days with no hearing sounds pretty serious to me.

I wish I'd seen this sooner so I could tell you how sorry I am that this is happening. I want to tell you I wish things were going better. I wish I could give you a big hug. I can tell you that I and a lot of other people at Gnet are here for you. PM me if you would like, if you just want to talk or if you think I can be of any help in any way.

"To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing" - Unknown.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 05-10-2006, 04:03 AM   #8879
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofdarkness57
I think I'm bi-sexual or bi- curious. I don't know. Do you think it's justa phase, becuase I don't want to be WITH a girl but I'm still attracted to them(us um whatever).
Queen, Many people here have chimed in, and I've seen them offer you some pretty good advice. I will just add two points.

First, yes, it is perfectly okay to ask yourself these kind of questions. And just remember there are no wrong answers. And you might not get the whole answer today. Self-discovery is a lifelong process, and hopefully if you have the wisdom to continue to reflect on yourself all your life, you will still be learing things about yourself all your life. So don't expect to figure this all out right away. It usually doesn't work that way.

Second, let me set an example based on what you've said so far. Let's suppose that you conclude that you would like to be able to enjoy sex with boys and girls, but only feel you could fall in love with boys. Be up front about that with people. If you are interested in a girl, tell her you like to play, but aren't looking for romance. If your dating a guy that you care about but want to be able to experiment too, tell him that and tell him you are not looking for romance. Chances are good if he's secure in your relationship, he may be interested in playing too. Maybe not, or maybe you won't be interested in that, but the point I'm making is that you are honest up front, it will work out.

I have had open relationships and I have had long tern friendships with women where we hung out as pals and had sex but were clear with each other that we were not looking for romance at that point. The key to all of this was complete honesty up front.

Don't be afraid of asking these questions. Do be true to yourself. There are enough tragedies and troubles in this life ... do not make yourself miserable over this.

Just my two cents ... er, two dollars worth. Know that I think the world of you, and know enough about you to feel confident that you will make smart choices.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 05-10-2006, 04:13 AM   #8880
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan_Dubh
Now if I could only shed that Catholic guilt I could really get a party goin' on here
"Come out Virginia, don't let me me wait
You Catholic girls start much too late
But sooner or later it comes down to fate
I might as well be the one
They showed you a statue and told you to pray
They built you a temple and locked you away
But they never told you the price that you pay
For things that you might have done...
Only the good die young"

lyrics from "Only The Good Die Young" by Billy Joel

As a former Catholic boy, I would like to encourage you to break free.

Yes, I'm quite likely going to hell too. The good news is, all my friends will be there!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-10-2006, 04:15 AM   #8881
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Oh and E_E.... Yes, be afraid. But, I do promise to wear a black leather cat suit while in pursuit, so atleast you get some enjoyment out of the situation.
Och, DAMN! Just when I think you can do nothing to get any hotter ...

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-10-2006, 04:18 AM   #8882
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel29
I'm sorry if I'm not around guys... My uncle (the one I told you about with cancer) died this morning so I have a lot more to do... funeral and all that...

RIP Harry... I love you and will miss you...
darkangel, I'm sorry hun. You are in my thougths today.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-10-2006, 04:30 AM   #8883
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
I do promise to wear a black leather cat suit while in pursuit...
You know, my imagination is going to run wild with this all day ...

Fuck! I'm supposed to be studying today ... yeah, right ...

"Voice Mail, Text Messaging, Detailed Billing, Sanctus In A Black Leather Catsuit ...."

"Family Share Plan, Camera Phone, Braodband Access, Sanctus In A Black Leather Catsuit..."

Bloody hell, how's a guy supposed to concentrate?

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-10-2006, 05:20 AM   #8884
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
Queen, Many people here have chimed in, and I've seen them offer you some pretty good advice. I will just add two points.

First, yes, it is perfectly okay to ask yourself these kind of questions. And just remember there are no wrong answers. And you might not get the whole answer today. Self-discovery is a lifelong process, and hopefully if you have the wisdom to continue to reflect on yourself all your life, you will still be learing things about yourself all your life. So don't expect to figure this all out right away. It usually doesn't work that way.

Second, let me set an example based on what you've said so far. Let's suppose that you conclude that you would like to be able to enjoy sex with boys and girls, but only feel you could fall in love with boys. Be up front about that with people. If you are interested in a girl, tell her you like to play, but aren't looking for romance. If your dating a guy that you care about but want to be able to experiment too, tell him that and tell him you are not looking for romance. Chances are good if he's secure in your relationship, he may be interested in playing too. Maybe not, or maybe you won't be interested in that, but the point I'm making is that you are honest up front, it will work out.

I have had open relationships and I have had long tern friendships with women where we hung out as pals and had sex but were clear with each other that we were not looking for romance at that point. The key to all of this was complete honesty up front.

Don't be afraid of asking these questions. Do be true to yourself. There are enough tragedies and troubles in this life ... do not make yourself miserable over this.

Just my two cents ... er, two dollars worth. Know that I think the world of you, and know enough about you to feel confident that you will make smart choices.
Oh my God... All this^ for me??? I love you Ben!
Thanks a lot for saying that. I told my close friends about it and they're all Ok with it. I was so worried about how they'd react. I'm glad I got it off my chest. Now about the sex thing, I'll have to keep everything you told me in my mind since I'm not going to be doing it anytime soon! hehe. I seriously need to experiment a little bit. I hope the boyo doesn't mind ( Ohh wait, he's too busy thinking about his stash! O.o) All I have to do is find someone who's ready to fool around.
Again, thank you for the sweet things you just said, you rock my world! *hugs*
Old 05-10-2006, 05:46 AM   #8885
nuksaa

Quote:
Bloody hell, how's a guy supposed to concentrate?
I have the same problem with your avatar, Ben.

"write meaningful response, i before e except after c, damn she moves well..."

"Is grammer correct, punctuation right, spelling, boobies..."

Fuck. It takes me 15 minutes to write a 2 minute response.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:54 AM   #8886
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel29
I'm sorry if I'm not around guys... My uncle (the one I told you about with cancer) died this morning so I have a lot more to do... funeral and all that...

RIP Harry... I love you and will miss you...

I'm sorry for your loss, angel.

"Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains." ~Kahlil Gibran
Old 05-10-2006, 06:01 AM   #8887
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
"Come out Virginia, don't let me me wait
You Catholic girls start much too late
But sooner or later it comes down to fate
I might as well be the one
They showed you a statue and told you to pray
They built you a temple and locked you away
But they never told you the price that you pay
For things that you might have done...
Only the good die young"

lyrics from "Only The Good Die Young" by Billy Joel

As a former Catholic boy, I would like to encourage you to break free.
I'm fighting it, Ben, I'm fighting it! But it's tough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hicks
"I'm sorry if anyone here is Catholic. I'm not sorry if you are offended, I'm actually sorry – just the fact that you're Catholic. Gotta be one of the most ludicrous fucking beliefs ever. Like these vampire priests sink their twin fangs of guilt and sin into you as a child and suck your joy of life out of you the rest of your fucking existence."
Old 05-10-2006, 11:15 AM   #8888
Ben Lahnger

Morrigan, I never saw that Bill Hicks quote before, but I like it! And it's all too true.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-10-2006, 11:51 AM   #8889
Ben Lahnger

Oh, the monotony of human predictability.

I'm sitting in a common break area at work, and one by one as people come in they all say, "Ooh, somebody burned some popcorn."

I've heard the exact same sentence at least six times. *sigh*

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-10-2006, 12:46 PM   #8890
BADSEED

I love swedish fish!
Old 05-10-2006, 01:40 PM   #8891
Sanctus Dei

Hey Ben.... Love me?

So the situation only gets worse right?? Right... it's day five of ear issues, no call yet and it's almost 4pm (they said today) and to just frost the cake abit further... my baby sis just had an abortion. WTF... Can't something go right?
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:37 PM   #8892
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Hey Ben.... Love me?

So the situation only gets worse right?? Right... it's day five of ear issues, no call yet and it's almost 4pm (they said today) and to just frost the cake abit further... my baby sis just had an abortion. WTF... Can't something go right?
Yeah, that pic us what I'm talking about! Sanctus baby, you rock!

I wish that everything else was going better for you, hun.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-10-2006, 05:43 PM   #8893
lena

Blah...Im still sick. Anyone want the lung I just coughed up?
Old 05-10-2006, 05:45 PM   #8894
mutsumiasakura

Location: In the darkest corner of the smallest, most boring town in the universe.
Ooh, I'll take it! I can add it to my personal collection.
On a more serious note, I hope you feel better! *hugs* Being sick sucks!

"Poetry is the deification of reality." -Edith Sitwell

"Whoso eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath eternal life . . . "
Old 05-11-2006, 03:39 AM   #8895
Ben Lahnger

So ... it feels like it's slowing down here ... hmmmm?

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-11-2006, 03:57 AM   #8896
Morrigan_Dubh

Yeah... it... does.... does...n't...it...?

*twiddles thumbs*
Old 05-11-2006, 08:06 AM   #8897
Sanctus Dei

w00t!!! Sancty gots a joooooob... (and I can hear, but I'm more excited about the job) *does a smexy ass shakin happy dance*

That is all.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:15 AM   #8898
Morrigan_Dubh

Yay, Sanctus!!!
Old 05-11-2006, 08:15 AM   #8899
Queenofdarkness57

Sancty, I'm so happy for you!!! Congratulations on your new job, you're going to rock the place! I'm glad your ear is cured. * joins in and dances smexy dance*
I love you so much! *hugs and kisses to my one and only Sancty*
Old 05-11-2006, 09:16 AM   #8900
succubus,queenofvampires

Go Sanctus, Go Sanctus!!! I'm so happy for you, baby! *kisses*

Cartman(South Park): It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's separation; this sort of penetration will
increase the population of the younger generation.
Closed Thread