Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
stompyhank

Help?

This is probably a stupid question, but I haven't logged on to this website in two years (I can't believe I even figured out my password). Is there any way I can delete my account, thus erasing past posts, or delete posts, or edit posts that were made years ago? I made an ill-advised post when I was younger that made me a little too Google-able for my liking. No big deal if I can't fix it, but I figured it was worth asking.

Thanks~
stompyhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:07 PM   #2
Alan

Unfortunately you can't erase your account.
If you think about it it's actually a nice policy, as people are fully held accountable for their words past and present.
I'm sorry and I can understand that there are some things we say when we're younger that we wish would fade into oblivion - I used to be a self-proclaimed satanist and was all for unabashed capitalism believing I'm the shit while most people are conformists, for example.
But now you have to know that you're making it too appealing for us to look back on your history and find that juicy bit of information you're embarrassed about.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
Saya

You might be able to email the admin and ask to remove the identifiable info, though.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #4
Timeless Rebellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
You might be able to email the admin and ask to remove the identifiable info, though.
Although, good luck getting through.
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #5
stompyhank

Thanks for all the responses...

@Alan I'm really not too worried about anyone on here looking at my old posts. It is a nice policy, I agree. I think it's important to be held accountable for our actions, and I know better now.

Yeah, it's just that I was dim enough to post my name at some point and as I have a fairly unique name it comes up as one of the first results if you google me. I'd prefer potential employers and whatnot didn't have the opportunity to find my posts here... it's one of the only slip-ups I've ever made. Even my Facebook is under a fake name.

How would I go about emailing the admin? That sounds like it might be worth a try.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #6
Alan

You gotta do this complicated ritual involving a chicken and two condoms. I'll let Saya explain it.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #7
stompyhank

I've got several chickens out back and some old condoms I'll never be putting to use. Bring it on.

No, but seriously, I can't find any contact info.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #8
Saya

scroll to the veeeeery bottom of the page, there's a "Contact Us" button on the right hand side.

Alternatively, you could PM the admin's profile, but I would assume it ends up in the same email.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #9
stompyhank

Of course. I have this terrible tendency to not be able to find things that are right in front of my eyes.

Thanks Saya!