Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
crucifix

oh my god...my hair is fucked.

Let me put it this way. I had an epic bob. Literally. Epic. Mid neck length, jet black, and bone straight. I had some serious split ends so I asked my friend who just graduated hair school to trim it and make it slightly inverted toward the back. Oh my god. It looked ok curly when she cut it, but after I got home and straightened it, well, it looks like a fuckin lego man's hair. Shit shit shit. I am freaking out. I know it sounds childish, but my hair was my favorite part of me. And my trademark, so to speak. I can rock this, I know I can. Some curl cream and push it back, but I feel terrible. My hair has never been wrecked before.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:41 PM   #2
Solumina

Wear it curly til you can get into a salon to get it fixed, they should be able to make it look like purposeful, chunky layers instead of a random mess.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:38 PM   #3
KontanKarite

If you wear your hair straight most of the time, then why didn't you just get it cut for your straight hair and then worry about the curling stuff after?

What exactly did she do? A diagonal foward bob is not that hard.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:14 AM   #4
crucifix

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite View Post
If you wear your hair straight most of the time, then why didn't you just get it cut for your straight hair and then worry about the curling stuff after?

What exactly did she do? A diagonal foward bob is not that hard.
that is what I did. I told her that I wanted it to look good straight. She just cut it way too short. Like 4 inches way to short.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:05 PM   #5
Serren

I hate it when that happens :-(

Could you try some other styles until it grows back a bit? Hopefully if its very short it will look longer quicker.
Serren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:39 PM   #6
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucifix View Post
that is what I did. I told her that I wanted it to look good straight. She just cut it way too short. Like 4 inches way to short.
She cut it too short, eh?

Did you guys not discuss exactly what you wanted? Either you guys confused the idea of how much an inch actually is or she didn't listen to you at all.

It's a common miscommunication in this line of work. People have different ideas on how much an inch is.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:40 PM   #7
crucifix

Quote:
She cut it too short, eh?

Did you guys not discuss exactly what you wanted? Either you guys confused the idea of how much an inch actually is or she didn't listen to you at all.

It's a common miscommunication in this line of work. People have different ideas on how much an inch is.
we did. I have an appointment with a salon tonight to get it fixed. I am going to be super clear. Trim the back up, it is still too long. Leave my bangs the way they are and use them as a guide for the sides and invert them up towards the back. And dear god take out all the huge poofy bulk that she left in the top and sides.

Most of my coworkers said that they agreed it would be better to just go with a much shorter bob after seeing my hair today. I am just so pissed. All my hard work to get the hair I had gone in an hour last night. Ugh.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:17 PM   #8
korinna5555

Quote:
Tell me about it.. that's how I lost about eight or nine inches a few years ago.. >_>
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:52 PM   #9
Joker_in_the_Pack

That's why I bring a ruler.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote