Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:51 AM   #26
Alan

That's so fucking stupid to the level of xjin and Tam. Congratulations.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:57 AM   #27
Underwater Ophelia

Just so I'm clear--which is stupid--not wanting to be called stupid for my political beliefs or my political beliefs themselves?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:02 AM   #28
Underwater Ophelia

Here is why I'm not interested in talking about politics on here: I know how I feel. You know how you feel. I'm not going to change your mind, and you're not going to change mine. If I want to learn about political beliefs of those who disagree with me, I have books to read, and articles on the internet. Likewise for you if you want to learn about what more conservative people believe.

There's really no reason for me to get involved in bickering on a goth forum over it.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:32 AM   #29
All Shall Be Judged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Just so I'm clear--which is stupid--not wanting to be called stupid for my political beliefs or my political beliefs themselves?
My money'd be on the passive-aggressive bullshit, but you're absolutely right - there's more than one possibility here.

Quote:
Here is why I'm not interested in talking about politics on here: I know how I feel. You know how you feel. I'm not going to change your mind, and you're not going to change mine. If I want to learn about political beliefs of those who disagree with me, I have books to read, and articles on the internet. Likewise for you if you want to learn about what more conservative people believe.

There's really no reason for me to get involved in bickering on a goth forum over it.
Then why chime in at all, if you're above such petty bickering as apparently must, by necessity, accompany the subsequent discussion? Looks like we're back to loving the sound of your own voice and attempting to pre-empt the opening of any other mouth than your own.
All Shall Be Judged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:52 AM   #30
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Shall Be Judged View Post
My money'd be on the passive-aggressive bullshit, but you're absolutely right - there's more than one possibility here.
In what way am I being passive-aggressive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Shall Be Judged View Post
Then why chime in at all, if you're above such petty bickering as apparently must, by necessity, accompany the subsequent discussion? Looks like we're back to loving the sound of your own voice and attempting to pre-empt the opening of any other mouth than your own.
See--here's my problem with expecting anything except fun silliness from this website. You've already decided why and how I do anything and everything I do, so what's the point in explaining myself?

When you ask "why chime in at all?" my response is that you're right--I shouldn't have if I want to stay out of it.

As for loving the sound of my own voice, yeah I do. I don't have a problem mentioning my own character flaws, and one of them is that I'm pretty far up my own ass.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:58 AM   #31
Underwater Ophelia

So now you have the opportunity to say either "that's a cop out" or "you're lying."

Enjoy.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:09 AM   #32
JCC

You say such petty shit. You only back out of explaining your beliefs because you've been fucking hammered for being a dumbass on a couple of recent occasions and likely anticipate that you'll be hammered again because the people here are convinced that tea party fuckheads and naive anti-bailout fuckheads really are useless fuckheads; if you had any actual complaint about bickering over views on goth forums you wouldn't be such an obstreperous fucking tumour following people around and making smartass comments about whatever you can latch on to with your shitty bullshit, you're a dumbass and a hypocrite, and being a hypocrite is really part of being a dumbass so you're a dumbass squared.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:11 AM   #33
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
You say such petty shit. You only back out of explaining your beliefs because you've been fucking hammered for being a dumbass on a couple of recent occasions and likely anticipate that you'll be hammered again because the people here are convinced that tea party fuckheads and naive anti-bailout fuckheads really are useless fuckheads; if you had any actual complaint about bickering over views on goth forums you wouldn't be such an obstreperous fucking tumour following people around and making smartass comments about whatever you can latch on to with your shitty bullshit, you're a dumbass and a hypocrite, and being a hypocrite is really part of being a dumbass so you're a dumbass squared.
You're right.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:49 PM   #34
donmara

^If you so zealously believe in the validity of your political beliefs, you shouldn't be afraid to discuss them with people on the internet. Besides, in this respect people on the internet are no different than people in your surrounding; your arguments will always have to be proven right to hold any ground.
donmara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:23 AM   #35
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by donmara View Post
^If you so zealously believe in the validity of your political beliefs, you shouldn't be afraid to discuss them with people on the internet. Besides, in this respect people on the internet are no different than people in your surrounding; your arguments will always have to be proven right to hold any ground.
I never said it was fear, unless you mean fear of being annoyed.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:15 AM   #36
Despanan

Deadman's profile on bondage.net lists him as "retired". Given that he's 27 years of age and has listed his weight as "over 300 pounds" it's pretty safe to assume he's on disability. Also: judging by what we've seen of his house in the "glamor shots" he's posted guy is undoubtably lower income (and thus part of the 51% of Americans who pay no income tax). In fact, I'd wager that even if he isn't on government disability, the refund he recieved on his tax forms is greater than whatever was paid in (probably nothing because he doesn't work).

So thank you Deadman, thank you not only for being a massive hypocrite but also a drain on society who votes against his own interests. Congrats on being an unwitting dupe of the republican party.

Quote:
I repeat, I am not interested in explaining myself to people on the internet.
Look everyone, not only does Underwear love sucking balls, but it seems she has developed a super-power: like the fourtten year old on World of Warcraft who flames you, blocks you, and then continues to flame you she is now immune to the Internet!

The world can only hope that she uses her newfound invulnerability for good instead of evil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:05 AM   #37
Underwater Ophelia

To be fair, Des, I've never put anyone on ignore. Get yo' facts straight.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:13 AM   #38
Despanan

Quote:
To be fair, Des, I've never put anyone on ignore. Get yo' facts straight.
Hence why I added the qualifier "like".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:17 AM   #39
KontanKarite

Quote:

Wait a minute... if you don't want to communicate with us, then why are you littering this forum with your word vomit? Your post reeks of disinterest on others here. If you don't want to engage, then why do you engage? Are you some kind of sadistic masochist? I think this post explains you quite clearly. You're only ever here to troll people. BOB SAGAT, you're good. You should get a pension for the kind of professionalism to assholery you display here. Well played.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:42 PM   #40
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite View Post
Wait a minute... if you don't want to communicate with us, then why are you littering this forum with your word vomit? Your post reeks of disinterest on others here. If you don't want to engage, then why do you engage? Are you some kind of sadistic masochist? I think this post explains you quite clearly. You're only ever here to troll people. BOB SAGAT, you're good. You should get a pension for the kind of professionalism to assholery you display here. Well played.
Like I say, I'm here for bullshitting and sometimes to ask questions.
Also I met GM through here, so that's neat.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:07 AM   #41
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
Deadman's profile on bondage.net lists him as "retired". Given that he's 27 years of age and has listed his weight as "over 300 pounds" it's pretty safe to assume he's on disability. Also: judging by what we've seen of his house in the "glamor shots" he's posted guy is undoubtably lower income (and thus part of the 51% of Americans who pay no income tax). In fact, I'd wager that even if he isn't on government disability, the refund he recieved on his tax forms is greater than whatever was paid in (probably nothing because he doesn't work).

So thank you Deadman, thank you not only for being a massive hypocrite but also a drain on society who votes against his own interests. Congrats on being an unwitting dupe of the republican party.
That's a hell of a deduction, although I would feel hasty in thinking that that's the reason he hasn't answered my question yet.
I wanna call on giving him the benefit of the doubt and pretend his stupid ideas are at least consistent with his economic circumstance, but honestly, with his unnatural silence to the development of the thread, what are the odds of that?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:44 AM   #42
Ben Lahnger

I just want to make a correction to the info I supplied earlier in this thread. In rereading the document I quoted, it turns out that only 47% of American's did not pay Federal income taxes in 2009 (although, as Despanan indicated, some of them actually made a profit due to recent tax credit and incentive programs). That doesn't mean they didn't pay other forms of Federal tax such as Social Security and Medicare taxes.

The 51% is the percentage of Americans expected to not be paying any Federal income taxes by the time the 2012 elections come around.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:59 PM   #43
Catch

Underwater Ophelia is a muffin capper, while Deadmanwalking_05 is a tea bagger.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:07 PM   #44
donmara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post

I completely identify with your line of reasoning. Its always been strikingly unconventional - for a lack of a better term - that middle and lower middle class citizens in the U.S hold political beliefs AGAINST their economic interests. Anywhere else in the world its the opposite; middle class and the poor are usually center, center left while the rich most naturally are in favor of market fundamentalism.
donmara is offline   Reply With Quote