Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #6976
Spooky Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Soooo I'm a little nervous about sending a card and them making a fuss about how I only sent a card.
What if it was a really expensive card...?

Zombie Protest:
"What do we want?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
"When do we want it?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:47 PM   #6977
Acharis

Yikes! Maybe if you're worried you could send a small bouquet with the card?

But really... if they're going to choose to focus on something so petty and irrational in the face of such an important thing, then that's on them. The best you can do is just offer the chance to talk again and hope everyone drops the prima donna act.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:35 AM   #6978
CuckooTuli

Man, they sound crazy. I take it a phone would just be too awkward/potentially volatile?...
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #6979
Valhalla

The card idea seemed like a good one until I read your last post, Saya. If your grandparents can be that strange, I'm not sure what kind of advice to offer.

You could ask your dad to pass on the message for you? Then you wouldn't have sent anything, so no pressure for a gift.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #6980
MissCheyenne

A 26 year old woman murdered a 13 year old girl in my town this week. It's so fucking senseless and tragic.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #6981
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I'd say that's a good idea but my grandparents are kinda irrational. My nan cut off her best friends twenty six years ago after being invited to a baby shower were gifts were optional, but she decided that even though she wasn't the only one, some people giving gifts made her look terrible and they should have told her to bring a gift.

Soooo I'm a little nervous about sending a card and them making a fuss about how I only sent a card.
sorry to hear about your grandpa.

If you send a card and they make a fuss, then they are the daft ones. At least you showed you were thinking of them.

MissC - WTF?

I just came in here to say: FUCKIT! FUCKIT blue and pink and purple. FUCKIT!

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:11 AM   #6982
Solumina

I made the mistake of rubbing my eyes because they itched and now there is green eyeshadow and gold glitter all over my face and it really doesn't want to come off. On the plus side it did say perfectly in place for a whole night of crazy dancing.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #6983
Jaye Jang

I had the flu on my birthday, so everything had to be cancelled. Total bummer.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #6984
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Ugh encountered a gay hating bigot in a game today that associated accepting homosexuality with accepting nambla.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:20 PM   #6985
in.the.moon

So much for a good day. :/

Why is it that there is ALWAYS something that has to go wrong!
in.the.moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #6986
Solumina

You're mad at me because I don't know what museum you're talking about when all you can tell me is that it is "somewhere around here" and that it has a big parking lot. You don't seem to realize that there are more than a dozen well known museums within about ten minutes, to say nothing about the ones in the surrounding area. Oh okay you think it had art, that doesn't help, if anything it makes the list longer as there are tons of art galleries around here that I didn't even consider when you said museum.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #6987
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
You're mad at me because I don't know what museum you're talking about when all you can tell me is that it is "somewhere around here" and that it has a big parking lot. You don't seem to realize that there are more than a dozen well known museums within about ten minutes, to say nothing about the ones in the surrounding area. Oh okay you think it had art, that doesn't help, if anything it makes the list longer as there are tons of art galleries around here that I didn't even consider when you said museum.
This is for you http://notalwaysright.com/17004/17004 Hope it helps at least a little.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 02-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #6988
Solumina

Fuck burnout and fuck apathy, I cannot wait until June when I'll be out of this place and actually do something.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #6989
Renatus

Grr my fucking msn messenger isn't working, as if I'm not enough of a damn hermit as it is. It seems that it may have been a significant amount of time that the messenger has appeared to work normally while not working at all. Why do I even bother trying to talk to people.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #6990
Murder.Of.Crows

Sooo tired. Spent all my energy dancing in front of my computer listening to The Faint. Now I'm about to pass out on the keyboard.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #6991
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
Sooo tired. Spent all my energy dancing in front of my computer listening to The Faint. Now I'm about to pass out on the keyboard.
Snap into a slim jim.

Also. Pictures or it didn't happen.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #6992
Saya

How's the shift going?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:34 PM   #6993
Versus

It's going. We're just bullshitting and telling funny war stories. I'm hoping it's uneventful. I really don't feel like picking up drunk soldiers downtown or from the cops.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:55 AM   #6994
Versus

I'm so fucking tired why is this bullshit not split into two 12 hour shifts i'm going to die on the free way when i can leave in the morning.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #6995
Solumina

Ugh sometimes I swear this place is eating away at my soul. The weird thing is that about a quarter of the time I really, legitimately love my job, but I still cannot wait to be done with this place. I guess my issue isn't the job itself, yeah people can be moronic ass hats but most people are nice, making other people happy really does make me happy, and I do like my boss and coworkers, I just hate how the company as a whole is run. I hate that our CEO is a complete megalomaniac who seems to have no grip on reality, I hate that only sales gets more than a shoestring budget, despite consistently getting horrendous customer feedback, I hate that there is a property wide freeze on raises (excluding sales), and I hate that since we are so desperately understaffed (because that is all that our staffing budget allows) and that overtimes is to be avoided at all costs (again thanks to the pathetic staffing budget) it is almost impossible to use vacation time and that if any of us call out sick it is almost a guarantee that our insanely overworked boss (who already works at least 60 hours a week, usually it is closer to 70) will be the one to cover our shift since she is the only one on salary, and I hate that corporate doesn't seem to think that anyone on the resort level does much of anything.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-26-2012, 05:47 AM   #6996
Xombie

Whiskey and ketamine caused me to lose my phone and my wallet somewhere in my room last night within one minute of each other, and I've been searching all fucking morning. asljlkvjezkljae

Also, my life is weird.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:26 AM   #6997
MissCheyenne

I have a really bad cold, my head feels like it's going to explode, I'm out of painkillers and I just burned my arm on the kettle. Fuck today.

I am your slice of pie
Old 02-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #6998
Grausamkeit

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
You make me smile, love! ^_^

MissC, I hope your day gets better. You need rest, hun.

Saya, I don't know what to say about your situation, hun. Extend your hand and see what happens. Then you won't live with that heart-wrenching regret of doing nothing. *hugz* I still harbor a lot of resentment toward my grandfather because his neglect was a huge factor in my Grandmother's decline before she died.

So, today I biked a few blocks and back(job hunting) and dammit am I out of shape!! I haven't been exercising since all the divorce crap started. I have free time until I find a job. Might as well get my lazy ass in gear. I've been losing weight because I have no appetite since my ex got the kids(all because of the length of time they've been in the autism program in Alvin). It sucks because it's not something I can fix. I'm not a bad mother and I don't have a drug problem that quitting would help raise my chances of having my kids. It's completely out of my power and makes me feel defeated. Fuck.

Peaches, give me some real world perspective on how much worse it is to live in a warzone. Please?

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #6999
MissCheyenne

I'm sorry Graus, it must be really tough for you right now . I wish I knew what to say to make you feel better but I got nothing that doesn't sound cliche or just plain stupid. I hope it works out for you.

I am your slice of pie
Old 02-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #7000
Solumina

Apparently it is entirely possible to drink too much water and flush out your electrolytes, which can make you thirsty causing you to drink more water and flush out more electrolytes. This can do all sorts of wonky things to a person, at least it is easy enough to fix by drinking juice/gatorade and actually eating something.
-Carbon Leaf