Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:16 AM   #1
I Don't Need Eyes

Unhappy Modern Warfare 2 is just a fad....

I'm sick and tired of these simple minded people saying MW2 is their favorite game. its a good game yes, but the story sux. its just 'wat everyone is playing' damn conformist punks..wat really pisses me off is more than half don't have COD4. why the fuck would anybody buy only a sequal!!?? I ask them about COD4 rocking. 85% say: I don't have COD4....I'm not joining these f*ck*rs. If anyone buys MW2 without first experiencing COD4, they are fad following ****ers...
I Don't Need Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:35 AM   #2
Malice In Wonderland

All the COD games suck.
Now fuck off.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:53 AM   #3
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Don't Need Eyes View Post
I'm sick and tired of these simple minded people saying MW2 is their favorite game. its a good game yes, but the story sux. its just 'wat everyone is playing' damn conformist punks..wat really pisses me off is more than half don't have COD4. why the fuck would anybody buy only a sequal!!?? I ask them about COD4 rocking. 85% say: I don't have COD4....I'm not joining these f*ck*rs. If anyone buys MW2 without first experiencing COD4, they are fad following ****ers...
When it comes to multiplayer games, a large playerbase serves to improve the quality of multiplayer match diversity. Have you ever considered the fact that not everyone plays video games for the storyline? When it comes to multiplayer games, people play for the simple reason that they can play with other people. You dont need much of a storyline for that, which is part of the reason I suppose that non multiplayer games usually do have better storylines than multiplayer games.

Honestly judging by your overall posts you really should calm down.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
Ben Lahnger

Sounds like you should have named yourself "I Don't Need Tolerance" ... but the good news is that I now know not to take your opinion seriously because you took what might have been a legitimate and serious complaint and went so severely over the edge with it.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
I Don't Need Eyes

I'm not complaing because of the story, I'm mad at the people who have mw2, but haven't played mw1. so what about the multiplayer. MAG has over 200 players. mw2 is glitchy as hell anyways. I'll stick to Killzone 2....
Old 05-10-2010, 02:57 AM   #6
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
I'm not complaing because of the story, I'm mad at the people who have mw2, but haven't played mw1. so what about the multiplayer. MAG has over 200 players. mw2 is glitchy as hell anyways. I'll stick to Killzone 2....
Which also totally fucking sucks.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Old 05-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #7
I Don't Need Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland View Post
Which also totally fucking sucks.
because you suck at it......simple as that..
Old 05-11-2010, 11:01 AM   #8
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
because you suck at it......simple as that..
No because it's totally crap.
The Killzone games are totally over rated and boring.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #9
Ben Lahnger

There's a reason that the Killzone games are available used for really cheap at GameStop.

In two words: Not great.

And who says you have to play every game in a series, in order, to have fun with them. I'm enjoying Fallout 3 on PS3 right now, and I actually have FO1 & 2 for PC up on the shelf (never played them) ... I might go back and play them but I don't feel like I should have to play them first.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 05-11-2010, 03:46 PM   #10
Malice In Wonderland

To be fair Ben, I'd totally recommend playing FO1&2 at some point soon, they're brilliant games.
I was sort of enthralled with FO3 at first but got kinda bored when I realised there weren't really enough quests to fill the huge map.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:05 PM   #11
Renatus

Quote:
To be fair Ben, I'd totally recommend playing FO1&2 at some point soon, they're brilliant games.
I was sort of enthralled with FO3 at first but got kinda bored when I realised there weren't really enough quests to fill the huge map.
The control scheme for FO 1+2 is frustrating though.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 05-12-2010, 12:22 AM   #12
CptSternn

Quote:
I'm not complaining because of the story, I'm mad at the people who have mw2, but haven't played mw1. so what about the multiplayer. MAG has over 200 players. mw2 is glitchy as hell anyways. I'll stick to Killzone 2....
MW2 is the most popular game in history, having sold the most copies of any game in history. COD4 sucked, as did MW1. The gameplay was a bit shite, the controls a bit off, and the multiplayer was by no means as brilliant as it is in MW2.

Killzone2 is YEARS old and like MAG is only for PS3, which is a far inferior gaming system. I have only met one person IRL that owns one, whereas I have over 80+ people in my Xbox Live Gamertag list that live on or around meself.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:19 AM   #13
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
The control scheme for FO 1+2 is frustrating though.
How frustrated can you get by clicking?

Old 05-12-2010, 08:16 AM   #14
Raptor

Hah, I bought MW2 without owning the first one.

Nobody I know plays the first one anymore.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:08 AM   #15
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
Killzone2 is YEARS old and like MAG is only for PS3, which is a far inferior gaming system. I have only met one person IRL that owns one, whereas I have over 80+ people in my Xbox Live Gamertag list that live on or around meself.
I was with you until you said this. Can we leave the emo-laden system bashing out of this thread, please?

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-19-2010, 01:26 AM   #16
I Don't Need Eyes

I don't care be fad following fags. and COD4 is way better than MW2, no retarded respawns of ****** perks. go to hell sequel only players.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:47 AM   #17
I Don't Need Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
MW2 is the most popular game in history, having sold the most copies of any game in history. COD4 sucked, as did MW1. The gameplay was a bit shite, the controls a bit off, and the multiplayer was by no means as brilliant as it is in MW2.

MW1 is COD4 dumbass. COD4 got all perfect scores, MW2 did not. COD4 several game of the year awards. MW2 lost all to Uncharted 2. Killzone 2 is 1 year old moron. MW2 is glitchy as F*ck. see simple minded...you just think: uh....its wat everyone is playing right? COD4 and CODWAW MADE COD wat it is today. but fad following fags just bought MW2 to fit in. claiming its the best game ever. YOU WILL PUSH IT ASIDE WHEN COD BLACK OPS RELEASES NOV. 9th. THEN YOU WILL BUY THAT ONE AND SAY ITS BETTER..
Old 05-19-2010, 02:02 AM   #18
Renatus

Quote:
MW1 is COD4 dumbass. COD4 got all perfect scores, MW2 did not. COD4 several game of the year awards. MW2 lost all to Uncharted 2. Killzone 2 is 1 year old moron. MW2 is glitchy as F*ck. see simple minded...you just think: uh....its wat everyone is playing right? COD4 and CODWAW MADE COD wat it is today. but fad following fags just bought MW2 to fit in. claiming its the best game ever. YOU WILL PUSH IT ASIDE WHEN COD BLACK OPS RELEASES NOV. 9th. THEN YOU WILL BUY THAT ONE AND SAY ITS BETTER..
Incase you hadn't noticed, COD4 and WAW are both sequals to the original COD. Imagine if I went around saying "COD made COD what it is today" and never bought any sequals, I would never have played COD4. Better yet, I could say "pong made video games what it is today", and never bought any video game that came after pong since they're all technecally sequals to the first video game. People don't buy new video games because they all have the same great qualities, if game developers don't experiment with new ideas, we'll never know if there is somthing better. As the saying goes "Diversity is the spice of life".

Old 05-19-2010, 03:52 AM   #19
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Well... it probably will be better, otherwise there'd be no point in bringing out a new game if they weren't going to improve on it.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:39 AM   #20
Shadowagony

Even if it is just a fad, so what? How does this personally affect you and your gaming habits? If you don't like it, then don't buy it. If you don't agree with the ratings, then ignore them and go by your own judgment (afterall, videogame scores are only what a particular editor thought of a videogame, not an ironclad, unquestionable standard). If you think Killzone is better, then fine - it's better to you by your own standards and that is all that matters. Who cares what others think of a freakin videogame. Play what you love, ignore what you hate. Game on.
Shadowagony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:13 AM   #21
I Don't Need Eyes

Quote:
Well... it probably will be better, otherwise there'd be no point in bringing out a new game if they weren't going to improve on it.
no matter how good a game is, the publishers will always milk the franchise. it dosen't matter if its good or not. people will buy it. and COD4's storyline follows no one from COD1.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #22
Ben Lahnger

Now that you've proven what an unmitigated simpleton you are, your opinion has made me decide I need to play CODMW2 ... without ever playing COD4 (MW1). Because I absolutely refuse to take advice from angry, slandering, vulgar, small-minded people like you. You should realize that the confrontational approach you use to post these opinions is almost guaranteed to drive people in the other direction.

Stop using "gay" or "fag" as if it's an appropriate insult. It only serves to make it look like you have a weak mind.

Nobody could have beat Uncharted 2 out for game of the year this year. I own it and it is breathtakingly beautiful.

Finally, let me quote the "Top 50 games of 2009" article from my February 2009 Game Informer magazine:

CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2

Modern Warfare 2 set records with the biggest launch in video game history and instantly took over as the multiplayer shooter of choice for MILLIONS of gamers. A controversial level of the single-player campaign was the most talked-about moment in gaming this year, and the server backend structure for the PC version sparked a level of reaction usually reserved for console launches. Modern Warfare 2 is a great game to most, game of the year to some, and a disaster to a certain vocal few. Whatever else it may be, though, it is one of the defining games of 2009.

So, from my point of view, millions of gamers can't be wrong. And because you're one of the "vocal few", your opinion is worthy of as much attention and respect as any other profoundly outnumbered minority.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-20-2010, 02:21 AM   #23
Mr E Nigma

No mention of the Infinity Ward / Activision problem?

I Don't Need Eyes, haha, Black Ops needs to actually come out for people to buy it.

I hope Infinity Ward gets everything they sue Activision for. It'll put a giant hole in any COD plans Activision has had and will probably screw over Treyarch (Which is the company that puts out all the shit COD games like WAW and COD3)

Apparently Activision owes Infinity Ward a lot of bonus money from MW2 sales and they also owe Infinity Ward the intellectual Property to the Modern Warfare franchise and they will own they licensing properties for any Modern Warfare related game or any COD game that takes place in non-WWII eras and anything chronilogically after vietnam.

I guess we'll see what happens in June though.

But if Infinity Ward does win, it'll mean Treyarch will have to ask their permission to release Black Ops.

Also just a fun fact, After COD4, Infinity Ward wanted to stop making COD games and start a completely new franchise, but Activision made that deal above which apparently they ended up breaking (which is partly why they are getting sued) Activision supposedly held thousands of dollars in bonuses so their employees wouldn't leave and would stay and make a MW3, which they were completely against making. Now most of the Infinity Ward group has gone over with the 2 heads of Infinity Ward who got fired and started their own company "Respawn Entertainment."

Good times.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:42 AM   #24
I Don't Need Eyes

Treyarch (gay) is making Black Ops. YES I KNOW ITS NOT OUT!!!! Treyarch makes the COD knock offs. milking the name. Infinity Ward makes the REAL COD. but they dropped the ball on MW2. and BEN, all those gamers can't be wrong? well 80% are fad following play wat everyone else is fags. because of these 'fad fags' other better game are over looked. COD4 was so amazing. but many ignored it. but like an enima MW2 shot up these fad followers asses......and oohh they love it. also most of the dlc maps are from COD4, see? for the 'fad fags' who overlooked the great COD4. MW2 was made for beginners, ANYONE WITHOUT SKILLS CAN DOMINATE. kill someone, the respawn A FEW FEET AWAY. screw that!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2010, 07:16 AM   #25
Ben Lahnger

Penguin, good to see you again! ;-)

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,