Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-25-2005, 10:30 AM   #1
*Phoenix

Talking You Are Gonna Love This

HELLO! to all you beautiful people! My name is *Phoenix, and I am a Sanguine (for those of you that do not know that means blood drinker) and I am currently living in London. There is a site here dedicated to all the dark kin of the world, and thought you would like to see it... trust me it is excellent and there is something for everyone, as long as you ultimately have the dark in you to handle it... go on you know you wanna.
www.vrykolakas.co.uk
*Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 10:50 AM   #2
Binkie

What's up with the asterisk being on the wrong side of the word? Where's the fine print?
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 10:56 AM   #3
Soul_Immortal

And where is his/her/it's attorney on this matter? Such legal jargon as the hated asterisk(*) denotes hidden meaning, as the lady above me pointed out.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:05 AM   #4
MrMaelstrom

It has been a while since I typed one of these:

Listen sucker (that's what vampires do: suck), we have rules in this playground:

-You introduce yourself first and foremost in the INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE thread. Not too difficult, huh?

-You may then proceed to pimp your übersite on us in the appropriate forum, which is SHILL.

Capisce? Good. I wouldn't want to explain myself twice, and I happen to know that pommies can be thick as well as lousy drinkers, so you may wanna read this twice.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:36 AM   #5
*Phoenix

Wink

I put the asterisk there because when I write my name I always put something at that point, a star or a cross usually. Sheesh why are people so touchy on this site, you seriously have to see a doctor about whatever it is you have stuck up your ass.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:37 AM   #6
*Phoenix

*Continues to pimp*

I like asterisks
Old 08-29-2005, 12:43 AM   #7
BoleroBelle

It's awfully bold of you to state what we will and wont love on this place. I mean, i actualy am pretty close to cold dispassionate loathing for you for your complete lack of couth, rather then love.

Here's to hoping you dont stick around for very long.
BoleroBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 02:11 PM   #8
*Phoenix

Well that was not very nice.
Reminder, "as long as you ultimately have the dark in you to handle it"
I am thinking you do not. OR. Do you have any ideas on how to improve it then?
Sheesh, anyone on here with an ounce of humour and friendliness?
Old 08-29-2005, 02:21 PM   #9
edible_eye

not really.

in fact, i'd say i was sorry about it, but i don't really care whether or not your comfort zones are coddled just cuz you think you're special enough to warrant your own thread just to say hi.
edible_eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 02:43 PM   #10
Peter

Hey?, what happened to my posts?, did I break a rule?
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 02:51 PM   #11
tekajo

didn't i make a post here earlier? interesting.

umm yeah, a vampire community...i'd rather go to http://www.vampiredon.net/ just MHO.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 02:53 PM   #12
Peter

Oh wait, nevermind, two different threads with the same titles, one in shill, one in general.

Confused the heck out of me for a second.

(psst, shouldn't the threads be merged or one deleted?)
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 10:04 PM   #13
ice

Sanguine, adj.: charactorized by a cheerful disposition; a ruddy (healthy) humor.

Not very GaWth, eh?

*That goes for the little damn face the boards plug in automatically ^^

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 09:39 AM   #14
*Phoenix

Talking

Nah this thread was for the site not me... and good for you. You can merge the threads, how would that work?....
*HUGE CHEESY GRIN*BE HAPPY YOU COULD HAVE A SMALL POINTY ANIMAL GNAWING AT YOUR TESTICLES***OR BOOBIES* :smile:
Old 09-04-2005, 10:53 AM   #15
Kali Maxwell

I am new. I have no weight here, no real influence.

You, like me, are new. Like me, you have no weight, and no real influence.

Get used to it. Use manners, and treat senior members and moderators, as well as everyone else on here, with respect. Don't get up into their face about anything unless you're in some kind of heated political, etc. debate, and you feel there's true justifiable reason to dispute them that violently.

There is a list of rules in this section. Read them, for you are not exempt, no matter how special you feel you are.
Kali Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 10:59 AM   #16
Abstract Thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Maxwell

Get used to it. Use manners, and treat senior members and moderators, as well as everyone else on here, with respect. Don't get up into their face about anything unless you're in some kind of heated political, etc. debate, and you feel there's true justifiable reason to dispute them that violently.

There is a list of rules in this section. Read them, for you are not exempt, no matter how special you feel you are.
Since i'm having a hard time finding any rules around here except for "dont start a new thread to introduce yourself", maybe you can fill me in on the rest?

Abstract Thought
-Teach me.
Abstract Thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 11:00 AM   #17
Spazik

Quote:

This is a message board. Nobody has any weight, or real influence. It's like playing tag as a child, even if you do better than anyone else, you're still just playing in a sand box.
Spazik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 12:21 PM   #18
Kali Maxwell

I sort of meant weight and influence in the social sense. Sorry for being muddled. My writing hasn't been the best today.

AbstractThought,
As long as you don't personally attack someone, threaten their life, or describe something explicit, attempt politeness, and at least try to post in the right places, you should be okay. That and not posting "am I Goth," "what does it mean to be Goth" threads.

I'm trying to sound superior by talking about rules. The thing that irritated me into making such a forceful reply to this was a) the rudeness and pretention of the intitial post and *Phoenix's replies to various members, and b) the fact that the most insisted upon rule in the forum (which is posted for all to see) was ignored out of what seems like sheer bravado.
Kali Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 12:40 PM   #19
Abstract Thought

Quote:

AbstractThought,
As long as you don't personally attack someone, threaten their life, or describe something explicit, attempt politeness, and at least try to post in the right places, you should be okay.
I appriciate the explanation, Kali. However, i'm still slightly in the dark about a certain issue. EPS expressly stated in the "newbies" thread that you shouldn't use acronyms, post certain threads, or make an ass of yourself; supposedly, failure to comply with these guidelines may result in the following:

Quote:
you will be flamed. And trust me, there ain’t no Colonel Sanders Original Recipe, it’s all extra fucking crispy.
Quote:
we have the right to make fun of you.
Wow. Pretty blunt, if you ask me. Anyway, final question. Is flaming reserved for mods only, or is it an equal opportunity ball game?

Abstract Thought
-I've always had a thing for burnt meat.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:47 PM   #20
Bodnoirbabe

It's equal opportunity.

Look, the plain and simple rule is this: Don't act like an ass. Especially to the mods.

As long as you follow that rule, you'll be fine.
Bodnoirbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 12:51 PM   #21
tekajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Thought
I appriciate the explanation, Kali. However, i'm still slightly in the dark about a certain issue. EPS expressly stated in the "newbies" thread that you shouldn't use acronyms, post certain threads, or make an ass of yourself; supposedly, failure to comply with these guidelines may result in the following:

Wow. Pretty blunt, if you ask me. Anyway, final question. Is flaming reserved for mods only, or is it an equal opportunity ball game?

Abstract Thought
Flaming is not exclusive to mods. Yet, if you decide to flame someone keep in mind that weak ass flames will probably be followed by those extra fucking crispy flames EPS referred to just to make fun of you. It is our gothic.net given right.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 02:58 PM   #22
Abstract Thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekajo
Yet, if you decide to flame someone keep in mind that weak ass flames will probably be followed by those extra fucking crispy flames EPS referred to just to make fun of you. It is our gothic.net given right.
Fair enough. Just making sure I wouldn't be banned or warned if I decided to have a little fun and start a open thread.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:41 AM   #23
*Phoenix

Shish, ok this is going too far, and trust me kid that is not aggressive for me, didn't think it was at all I was not trying to get in any ones face.
In addition, I have seen no reason to give any more respect than is offered to me. As of yet I have received nothing but criticism, for a bunch of goths you would think you would be able to at least not criticize each other after all you get.
Also, by the looks of it I have quite a lot of weight, unintentionally of course, but people seem to be rather oddly provoked by my first ever post... what am I not depressed enough for you?
Old 09-05-2005, 10:25 AM   #24
MrMaelstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Phoenix
what am I not depressed enough for you?

Well, it's about time you typed something funny. I was thinking to myself when i was gonna delete this thread, but...

So maybe I came on too strong in my 1st reply on this thread, but the fact is, yours was about the 6th newbie warning I had to type in a couple of hours.
MrMaelstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 11:48 AM   #25
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Thought

Abstract Thought
Hmm it is all starting to make sense..

But so we're clear, I didn't write the Newbie thread by myself..

If I remember correctly, Tstone wrote most of it. ( Very well I might add ) and DrgnLvr did as well.

So it was a COLLABORATIVE effort ok?

Thanks for playing!!
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote