Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 05-24-2010, 03:11 PM   #2226
Ben Lahnger

Yeah, I was making light of your description, but I'm sorry you got hurt. That mistrusting chairs thing ... you can't be wary forever.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:12 PM   #2227
MissCheyenne

I'm sure I will learn to trust again soon enough. I shall probably avoid garden furniture for a while though.
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:14 PM   #2228
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
Bwah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah! DAMN! He does get SCREWED!!!!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 05-24-2010, 08:45 PM   #2229
Underwater Ophelia

My cat's collar is gone. I'm going on a trip soon, and I'm having people stop by to look after my cat. I don't trust them to be as careful as I am to not let her escape the house, so I bought her a collar. It's hilarious--cupcakes on it. Anyway, it's a breakaway collar, because I don't want my cat to be strangled, but besides that, I didn't want to put it too tight on her. Well, she must've slipped out of it, because it's not on her.

I have looked everywhere. Over and again.
The collar is gone.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:05 PM   #2230
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
My cat's collar is gone. I'm going on a trip soon, and I'm having people stop by to look after my cat. I don't trust them to be as careful as I am to not let her escape the house, so I bought her a collar. It's hilarious--cupcakes on it. Anyway, it's a breakaway collar, because I don't want my cat to be strangled, but besides that, I didn't want to put it too tight on her. Well, she must've slipped out of it, because it's not on her.

I have looked everywhere. Over and again.
The collar is gone.
Well of course, you don't think the cat will let you find it so you can put that damn thing on again do you? Cats are smart.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:56 AM   #2231
Ben Lahnger

This isn't enough to warrant a new thread in the television forum, so a brief note here will do. In the aftermath of enjoying the LOST finale, I've read some commentary alluding to the British series "Ashes to Ashes", which was a sequel series to "Life on Mars".

I actually stumbled into half an episode of Life on Mars on the BBC America channel once, and it was intriguing. So, this recent commentary caused me to look up the series on Wikipedia, and in doing the cross-referencing reading I read the series summary of the American version of Life on Mars. They really screwed the pooch on that one!

I know it's been asked before, but why do American television producers feel compelled to change a British show so much to "package it" for us "stupid" Americans.

How disappointing that series looks, now that I know where the British and American plots ended up. Glad I never started getting interested in the U.S. version. But the U.K. version looks like just the diversion I need to fill the hole left by the ending of Lost.

Edit: Oh, yeah. Just because you inherit a program with the title "Life on Mars" doesn't mean you have to be literal about it. Idiots!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #2232
vindicatedxjin

I don't know what to watch at all...now that lost is over.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:23 AM   #2233
honeythorn

FUCKING WASPS!

Father informed me I had to remove a wasps nest from the shed. I have always wanted to get a close look at one but I am afraid of wasps >.< Still, it was only a little one with one queen wasp in it. I placed a jar under it and knocked it into the jar with a scraper before ramming the lid on.

I shook it a bit and the queen came out and buzzed at me in a predictably enraged manner. I wanted to keep the nest though so I took it onto the front lawn ,where I've spent nearly teminutes trying to get the bugger to come out. She's worked hard at that nest though so she's been a bitch to winkle out, but I managed to piss her off enough to get her to fly out.

I scooped up the nest when she did and pelted for all I was worth back into the yard and into the house before she could get her revenge . Father has sprayed the whole shed and area where the nest was with wasp spray.

But now I have a cool little wasp nest in a jar She's only built one ring of comb on the inner far end, and it's so so delicate!

I do feel quite bad for taking it away from her, but on the other hand I have no desire to get my face stung off every morning when I open the shed for the rabbit and Guinea pig food.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:05 PM   #2234
vindicatedxjin

Whatever happened to Geo???

Bring Kontan Back
Old 05-25-2010, 02:38 PM   #2235
Solumina

She is most likely caught up in her studies, I don’t know what her academic calendar is like, but I do miss having her around. Maybe I’ll hit up her facebook tonight.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:43 PM   #2236
d0p3y

I miss My druggie friends.....T__T

"No todo es blanco o negro, es gris todo depende del matiz..."
(Mago de oz)

"your life does not belong to you, it belongs to the people that love you."
(incognito)

"laying to ones self, is laying to the world"
(incognito)

"El que por su gusto muere, hasta la muerte le sabe."
(incognito)
d0p3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:10 AM   #2237
Underwater Ophelia

I look lovely. I agonized over what to wear, and I look lovely. I bought flowers. Cute flowers that say "Hello, sweetheart!" but aren't too dramatic or forceful. I'm wearing jewelry.

And she stood me up.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:12 AM   #2238
triggerhappi26

Sorry to hear that.
triggerhappi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:15 AM   #2239
ape descendant

I'm not a big fan of getting stood up, myself.. what a cowardly thing to do. She wasn't good enough for ya...

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:55 PM   #2240
Solumina

I signed the lease to my new place, they guys are signing right now (I'm at work so I had to sign early) and will start moving some stuff once they get their keys! Jess and I also picked out some awesome paint and she picked up half of all of the painting stuff, even though she wont be living there she figures she will still be spending loads of time with us and the only reason Jake and Spencer didn't want to paint was because they didn't want to have to pay for it. Hopefully the guys will get everything all taped off tonight so Jess and I (plus a few friends bribed with pizza) can get to work around 9 tomorrow and hopefully finish in a couple of hours, which shouldn't be a problem as long as we only need to do one coat. In case you can't tell I'm quite excited.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-26-2010, 03:22 PM   #2241
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
I signed the lease to my new place, they guys are signing right now (I'm at work so I had to sign early) and will start moving some stuff once they get their keys! Jess and I also picked out some awesome paint and she picked up half of all of the painting stuff, even though she wont be living there she figures she will still be spending loads of time with us and the only reason Jake and Spencer didn't want to paint was because they didn't want to have to pay for it. Hopefully the guys will get everything all taped off tonight so Jess and I (plus a few friends bribed with pizza) can get to work around 9 tomorrow and hopefully finish in a couple of hours, which shouldn't be a problem as long as we only need to do one coat. In case you can't tell I'm quite excited.
Oh crap I forgot! When my dad passed away I got side tracked, are you still registered at Macy's?

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:14 PM   #2242
Saya

http://www.americaspeakingout.com

I`m in love with this site right now. I think its 99% non-conservatives taking the piss. My favourite so far was about how if Democrats were in office during World War II we`d be speaking German and Korean right now.

How they forget that it was us Canadians who fought the invading Koreans on the icy plains of Alberta as they came charging in on top of their mighty panda steeds. They put up a glorious fight, but they were no match for our timbit cannons.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:27 PM   #2243
MissCheyenne

I'm trying to fill my shelfari bookshelf but I've read so many books that I simply can't remember them all. I've resorted to putting books I remember reading as a child on it, just so it doesn't look so bare.
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 04:28 PM   #2244
Underwater Ophelia

I'm introducing a new cat into my house. I already have one cat. She's about 6 months old. Any tips?
Old 05-30-2010, 05:16 PM   #2245
Solumina

I just had to chase some geese with a broom. It is one of the oddest parts of my job ut it does kind of amuse me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
are you still registered at Macy's?
Yes. I'm actually really glad that you mentioned that because I keep thinking of stuff that we need while I'm packing but forget about registering by the time I'm around a computer.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-30-2010, 05:31 PM   #2246
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
I'm introducing a new cat into my house. I already have one cat. She's about 6 months old. Any tips?
I've been told that the best thing to do is have a room for the new cat to live in for like a week, and let the old cat get used to the smell. I didn't have a room to spare though so I just let Mercedes go wherever, and while Lucy wasn't fussy with her they just kept their space. They're slowly getting used to each other.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:40 PM   #2247
GothicCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
http://www.americaspeakingout.com
How they forget that it was us Canadians who fought the invading Koreans on the icy plains of Alberta as they came charging in on top of their mighty panda steeds. They put up a glorious fight, but they were no match for our timbit cannons.
If history could be re-written, Saya, I hope you would be doing the writing
GothicCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:25 AM   #2248
vindicatedxjin

I'm beyond pissed... working on memorial day. Fuck.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 05-31-2010, 10:11 AM   #2249
Ben Lahnger

I had a passing strange thought ... what if the citizens of Hoth filed a lawsuit seeking damages for the ecological impact of the imperial occupation?

Well, this is why I don't write novels or screenplays.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-31-2010, 10:55 AM   #2250
Saya

Potential zombie walk on Sunday, whoo!