Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #7226
Saya

Is Virginia a southern state?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:29 PM   #7227
Solumina

Yes ma'am! It's kind of a weird state as the more northern bits, right around DC, are more characteristic of a northern state, most likely because so many people who live there actually work in DC or Maryland (extra odd is that where I grew up, in the very northernmost tip, there was more of that southern flavor). Down here and out west the state it is pretty unmistakably and unapologetic southern.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:39 PM   #7228
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Is Virginia a southern state?
It's one of the states most famous for being southern. It marked the border between the north and the south in the civil war, and what a distinct border it was, since it was on the other side of a river from Washington D.C.

General Robert E. Lee's(the South's Top general, and one of the greatest Generals in American history) house was especially well situated in this respect as it was directly across the river from where the Lincoln memorial now stands. His home is now more famously known as Arlington National Cemetery, since the Union decided to turn the estate into graveyard so Lee could never return, due to the efforts of a rather spiteful Union Quartermaster General Montgomery C. Meigs. The first bodies were burried in Lee's Prized rose garden.

Heh, so yes it is a southern state.

Edit: Blah Solumina you beat me. Just for that, Wisconsin is going to invade the south once again! I'll channel the spirit of General Sheridan, the namesake of the fort where my father was stationed for many years.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:45 PM   #7229
Fruitbat

Entertaining a 3 year old in a hospital waiting area for 50 minutes for a dental appointment when they were being slack. Although I did get my exercise in leaping around and keeping everyong entertained. Man, I should have sold tickets.

And my X key on my keyboard.

xxxxxxxx (yeah take that key... I'll make you work) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

it doesn't want to work when I type words like exercise, and exact and extra (oh what? now it's working?)

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:49 PM   #7230
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
Edit: Blah Solumina you beat me. Just for that, Wisconsin is going to invade the south once again! I'll channel the spirit of General Sheridan, the namesake of the fort where my father was stationed for many years.
Alright darlin', when you come do you want sweet tea or are you more of the mint julep sort? Offering some refreshments is just the polite thing to do, even if you are invading.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-18-2012, 12:28 AM   #7231
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Alright darlin', when you come do you want sweet tea or are you more of the mint julep sort? Offering some refreshments is just the polite thing to do, even if you are invading.
You know this is just teasing my desire to see what if any sort of southern accent you have right? I've tried sweet tea though, bit too sweet for my taste, so I'll try the Mint Julep, I have no idea if I'll like it, I just like trying new things.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 04-18-2012, 01:03 AM   #7232
Solumina

I grew up with only the slightest accent, it has gotten a little more pronounced since I moved down here but I think my word choice (like calling everyone darlin' or hun and, of course, saying y'all) has really gotten a lot more southern.

I'm more of a mint julep kind of gal myself, the key to a good one is super fresh mint so that it is really aromatic.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-18-2012, 09:12 AM   #7233
Renatus

Another friendship bites the dust. One step closer to curmudgeon hood YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Old 04-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #7234
Saya

Quote:
I grew up with only the slightest accent, it has gotten a little more pronounced since I moved down here but I think my word choice (like calling everyone darlin' or hun and, of course, saying y'all) has really gotten a lot more southern.

I'm more of a mint julep kind of gal myself, the key to a good one is super fresh mint so that it is really aromatic.
Now I really really want to tinychat with you, I love southern American accents.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #7235
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Now I really really want to tinychat with you, I love southern American accents.
I thought you merely liked Cajun accents.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #7236
Saya

Cajun specifically, but Southern accents all crack me up.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #7237
Solumina

Maybe we can tinychat tomorrow night around 2:30 my time (you're an hour ahead of me right?), it will be extra awesome because I will be at the very least a little drunk and most likely dressed like a redneck cuz my sister in law is taking me out to a redneck bar.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #7238
Saya

Quote:
Maybe we can tinychat tomorrow night around 2:30 my time (you're an hour ahead of me right?), it will be extra awesome because I will be at the very least a little drunk and most likely dressed like a redneck cuz my sister in law is taking me out to a redneck bar.
I probably can but shouldn't promise, I got an exam Friday at 7pm, which isn't bad, and I'm very comfortable with the subject (religion and modern culture, and its very similar to another course I did with the same prof, just more detailed), but at the same time I'm a bit behind reading the text book and have to go to the bank sometime on Friday before the exam. But on the other hand I could take a shooort study break...
Old 04-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #7239
Renatus

Well count me in, I'm quite interested in finally seeing Solumina live. She'll be added to my collection of gnetters who I've seen live over webcam.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #7240
MissCheyenne

If you weren't all in crazy different time zones to me, I'd tinychat too

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #7241
Murder.Of.Crows

I'd like to. Same link?
Old 04-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #7242
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
If you weren't all in crazy different time zones to me, I'd tinychat too
^this. (tencharacters)

Old 04-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #7243
Haejin

Ya'll better not have tinychat with Sol without me. >.<
Haejin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #7244
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
Well count me in, I'm quite interested in finally seeing Solumina live. She'll be added to my collection of gnetters who I've seen live over webcam.
Guarantee you'll never see me on webcam. You ain't missing anything :-D

Old 04-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #7245
Versus

MC, I'm probably not too far off from you. I work graveyard hours.

And my rant is that A BEE STUNG ME IN THE FUCKING NECK WHILE I WAS RUNNING. FUCK YOU, NATURE. GOBBLE MY FUCKING KNOB.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #7246
Murder.Of.Crows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
MC, I'm probably not too far off from you. I work graveyard hours.

And my rant is that A BEE STUNG ME IN THE FUCKING NECK WHILE I WAS RUNNING. FUCK YOU, NATURE. GOBBLE MY FUCKING KNOB.
Sorry to hear that man. Bees are fucking dicks. At least you aren't allergic though. Well, unless you are. Then I'm doubly sorry, because epi pens suck too.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #7247
Renatus

The only times I've gotten stung, were when I was trying to extract the stinger from a bee I managed to kill. This was back when I was a kid.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #7248
Solumina

I can't find spray paint in the color I want. I want a really true teal but all of the options seem either too blue, too green, or not nearly vibrant enough.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #7249
Saya

Quote:
I can't find spray paint in the color I want. I want a really true teal but all of the options seem either too blue, too green, or not nearly vibrant enough.
I hate myself for immediately thinking "WE GOT IT AT THE STORE"
Old 04-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #7250
Solumina

Bleh my stomach feels crappy, I shouldn't have eaten so much cake last night but it was sooooo yummy I just couldn't help it
-Carbon Leaf