Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-30-2013, 12:02 PM   #4001
Saya

Ha! According to le internet, almost the whole throne is made of narwhal ivory though, not just the legs. Poor narwhals! And actually I wonder what that says about valuing unicorn horn. Conventional Christian mythos of unicorns is that they are a metaphor for Incarnation, they are holy creatures (that only like maidens) and yet they make thrones out of them, supposedly. Masculine violence on a creature that only likes women and girls?

And don't feel bad, I was sad when I found out the narwhal tusk is actually a tooth that comes from their mouth, and not a horn out of their head

I sent a message to my friend apologizing for having such a long winded futile argument on her facebook page, and when I checked back, some dude very nicely articulated what was absolutely wrong with how the guy I was arguing with was talking to me. Of course since its another dude taking him to task, little argument, but nevertheless it cheers me up.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #4002
Timeless Rebellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
@TimelessRebellion - Ulf was telling me that the legs of the Danish throne are made of unicorn horns.

Is that the actual story behind them, or is he taking the piss? :|
Well.... I have never seen the Danish throne before I just googled it - but it sounds plausible :o
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:36 PM   #4003
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Masculine violence on a creature that only likes women and girls?

I feel like I want to have this discussion with everyone now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
And don't feel bad, I was sad when I found out the narwhal tusk is actually a tooth that comes from their mouth, and not a horn out of their head
I didn't know it was a tooth until I read this.. and then I imagined you were talking about a tooth that grew up through the top of their head - and thought that was kind of cool, but would make it a little hard to eat.

But now I get it, and I have to admit I'm a little disappointed with the Narwhal. :|
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:55 AM   #4004
Jaye Jang

Finding this ---

http://gma.**********/photos/artist-...Gxlcnk-;_ylv=3

Article on gma.Yah**.c*m entitled "Artist Uses Kittens To Recreate Classic Album Covers."
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:38 PM   #4005
Timeless Rebellion

Jaye: That's too epic to describe in words.....
Old 02-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #4006
BourbonBoy

Received "The Greater Good" in the mail today, the latest in the Ciaphas Cain series
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #4007
Timeless Rebellion

An Aperture Science 1500 Megawatt Heavy Duty Heart Fusion Device!
Old 02-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #4008
Miss Absynthe

I went to a munch last night.. which was great fun. I ended up being asked if I'd be someone's mentor and a rope-doll. Yay!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:26 PM   #4009
Jaye Jang

Finding this ---

http://tv.**********/news/meet-the-s...022902465.html

It's on tv.yah**.c*m/news/meet-the-starting-players-of-puppy-bowl-ix.

Too cute for words. Rooting for Marta. She's the goods.

Btw, you can also see this on Anim*l Pl*net, in case you're not able to get the Super Bowl.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:54 AM   #4010
Solumina

Perfect berger cookies ^_^
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:57 AM   #4011
Timeless Rebellion

Quote:
I went to a munch last night.. which was great fun. I ended up being asked if I'd be someone's mentor and a rope-doll. Yay!
That sounds quite lovely as it so happens I would love to have rigger currently, but I only ever get roped up at events
Old 02-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #4012
Miss Absynthe

I always get dragged into rigging other people.. actually, this happens with most of my play. I'm completely submissive when it comes to play, yet I keep getting toys thrown at me and demands to service-top for people.

I mean, I'm good at it and I enjoy being able to do that for people.. but it gets a little "meh" at times.

I'm organising workshops in the town I live in and am hoping that they get enough interest to run monthly. The first one (one Friday night) is going to be on mummification, impact play and possibly basic rope safety depending on time restraints (hehe.. restraints..) We have a huge skill pool for a small town, but people hoard their knowledge like it's the freaking Ring of Sauron. I'm hoping to teach people how to share.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #4013
Miss Absynthe

I've been learning shibari ties.. they are SO pretty.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #4014
Fruitbat

picking berries with babybat. What a laugh!

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:15 AM   #4015
Miss Absynthe

I worked out hexadecimal.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:07 AM   #4016
Timeless Rebellion

Quote:
I always get dragged into rigging other people.. actually, this happens with most of my play. I'm completely submissive when it comes to play, yet I keep getting toys thrown at me and demands to service-top for people.

I mean, I'm good at it and I enjoy being able to do that for people.. but it gets a little "meh" at times.

I'm organising workshops in the town I live in and am hoping that they get enough interest to run monthly. The first one (one Friday night) is going to be on mummification, impact play and possibly basic rope safety depending on time restraints (hehe.. restraints..) We have a huge skill pool for a small town, but people hoard their knowledge like it's the freaking Ring of Sauron. I'm hoping to teach people how to share.
You know, it's pretty rare for a sub to be unable to find a sadist or a dom o.o Usually, it's the other way around.
I am switch myself, but I have no real knowledge or experiance about life as a dom - but I like handling the whip, I just need someone to mentor me.
And with a bit of luck, I am buying a few metres of quality rope soon to start practicing some basic bondage techniques.
On the "teaching people to share" issue, you could show them this!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:56 AM   #4017
Miss Absynthe

People keep telling me how easy it is for submissives to find someone, so there must be something terribly wrong with this picture. :P I see it a lot as well with people I know bouncing from one "dominant" to another while they do everything they can to keep the submissive happy and bow to their will instead of leading the dynamic.

I very occasionally get people expressing interest before I get told that I'm too intense and just need to relax and have some fun, and it isn't really easy to relax about things when you hear that over and over.

The game gets old really quickly, and I don't have patience for bullshit.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:14 AM   #4018
BourbonBoy

Quote:
I worked out hexadecimal.
Speak not of my adversary! When awake, it taunts me from the board to the textbooks in class! It comes to me in my dreams and saps all creative energy!

But in all seriousness, that's pretty awesome. I'm not mathematically inclined, but I it's amazing how much we use it on a day to day basis without realizing it.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #4019
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
People keep telling me how easy it is for submissives to find someone, so there must be something terribly wrong with this picture. :P I see it a lot as well with people I know bouncing from one "dominant" to another while they do everything they can to keep the submissive happy and bow to their will instead of leading the dynamic.

I very occasionally get people expressing interest before I get told that I'm too intense and just need to relax and have some fun, and it isn't really easy to relax about things when you hear that over and over.

When it comes to dominance I think it's only natural that you find pretenders given humanity's love for thinking it's on top. We live in an ego driven society in many respects really, and in sex especially(I do realize being top isn't necessarily sex). You don't have guys bragging to their friends how they were the sheep in the bedroom, no they have to be the wolf......even if they lack the canines for it, and cant stand a little metaphorical blood on their hands, in a way akin to a hemophobe running a blood drive(as in they know it's for the greater good, but they freak out anyways, sometimes making a complete mess of things).

With that in mind one naturally has a high level of respect for those of a confessed and practiced submissive preference, even if one cannot them self imagine trusting themselves so fully to the devices of another.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:04 PM   #4020
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourbonBoy View Post
Speak not of my adversary! When awake, it taunts me from the board to the textbooks in class! It comes to me in my dreams and saps all creative energy!

But in all seriousness, that's pretty awesome. I'm not mathematically inclined, but I it's amazing how much we use it on a day to day basis without realizing it.
I'm not mathematically inclined at all, and I lose my shit when you throw numbers in with it all.. but I like working through the logic behind it.

I'm still finding it hard to work out how to do it in my head without switching it to decimal and then back again, but I only learned that it was even a thing last night so I'm sure that part will sort itself out.

I did wake up this morning knowing what my phone number was in hexadecimal after working it out in my sleep.. which is slightly disturbing.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #4021
Timeless Rebellion

Quote:

I can imagine the frustration. It is difficult to find a perfect match that you play well with - but if you do, you should stick to it. I have a friend, we hang out more as vanilla than not, but when we play, I think it's great.
Oh, btw Miss A, lookie at what two of my vanilla friends gave to me for my birthday
Old 02-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #4022
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Rebellion View Post
You know, it's pretty rare for a sub to be unable to find a sadist or a dom o.o Usually, it's the other way around.
I am switch myself, but I have no real knowledge or experiance about life as a dom - but I like handling the whip, I just need someone to mentor me.
And with a bit of luck, I am buying a few metres of quality rope soon to start practicing some basic bondage techniques.
On the "teaching people to share" issue, you could show them this!
OMG!! I know your true identity! You're Christian Grey from 50 shades... *blushes*

(sorry TR, I'm in a flippant mood)

Old 02-06-2013, 04:20 AM   #4023
Timeless Rebellion

*hisses at the name of that infernal book*!!!
We in the BDSM community does not appreciate vague fiction that makes people mindlessly try dangerous stuff
Old 02-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #4024
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Rebellion View Post
*hisses at the name of that infernal book*!!!
We in the BDSM community does not appreciate vague fiction that makes people mindlessly try dangerous stuff
Aw, does this mean that you won't buy me a smoothie if I come over to your part of the world later this year?

You know you still love me... *looks around nervously* You're life would be way too easy without me! *looks around nervously*

What if I call the book 50 shapes of hay? Oh I just want to write something stupid about that.

Crustiefur Hay is a bullionaire, who spends his days rolling in bullion cubes.... It's going to make me a gazillionbillion caterpillars! I'll be rich! Then I'll buy America, or Greece, maybe Italy, or Spain. Not sure yet.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:59 PM   #4025
Timeless Rebellion

Of course I'll buy you a smoothie