Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 02-16-2007, 09:26 PM   #51
Crimson_seele

OOOHHHHH!!! Sorry, I forgot to talk about the scariest dream I've had in my last post. Actually it happened when I was about 13 years old.

It might seem childish, but my brother (who's 3 years younger, so 10 at the time) and I were camping at school (we went to this school that has lots of outdoor areas and camping sites even). In the middle of the night, all of the sudden, my brother looked at me with this terrified face and told me we had to run. As we ran like maniacs I could feel something was chasing after us. It was a witch (I know, sounds really childish, but this thing was scary as hell), and it was throwing stuff at us. At last she caught my brother and let me escape.

The scary part of the dream, though, was that for some reason I could see what happened to my brother afterwards. The witch took him to a sort of lab and started experimenting on him, doing lots of stuff that was very painful and actually pretty disgusting (for instance, he had his limbs pulled off his body several times, only to have them grow in a deformed state later). I could hear him scream and cry... my 10 year old brother.

In any case, this exact dream occurred every night for about a week. One of those days, I could wake up in the middle of it, and stayed awake for about 2 hours. But when I went to bed the thing resumed where it had left off... which of course freaked me out!

From then on, I realised that if I decide that I DO NOT want to dream, I simply don't (or at least I don't remember my dreams at all). Which helped me a lot during my teens, because I used to have loads of nightmares back then.
Crimson_seele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 10:33 PM   #52
Cicero

About two nights ago I had a sex dream about...

... Lord Voldemort.

Seriously weird.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 12:21 AM   #53
Godslayer Jillian

Anything weird with that snake tongue of his?
It's just one of those things you have to ask.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 01:58 AM   #54
Cicero

That didn't really come into play. And he kept morphing into Snape...

What I don't understand is what the hell these Harry Potter characters were doing in my subconcious when I haven't had a single thought about those damn books in months.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:06 AM   #55
Vyvian Blackthorne

My nightmares are scary. When I dream, that is/
Vyvian Blackthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 06:23 PM   #56
Crimson_seele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero

What I don't understand is what the hell these Harry Potter characters were doing in my subconcious when I haven't had a single thought about those damn books in months.

It could be that you have been thinking about thoughts or emotions that you associated with certain Harry Potter characters when you read the book, even if just so faintly. Your mind is making the connections to them because it could have unconsciously remembered that through the book characters they can be materialised, and thus presented in your dreams.
Crimson_seele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 06:28 PM   #57
republigoth

Or maybe it's just because Snape is hot as f*ck.
republigoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:57 PM   #58
Dark_love_2008

I have had a similar kind of dream as mention above, only mine is the characters from Stephen King's the Dark Tower series. I haven't finished it yet, but I keep dreaming about what is at the top of the tower. Only instead of morphing into a character, I am a character, I am Susannah Dean. (the only chick hero in the story might I add) My boyfriend says I should stop reading before bed. The dream is defenatly creepy.

Beware the Crimson King!!!!

~*~Angelic Vision of Distruction~*~
Dark_love_2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:00 AM   #59
wishcat

Ok, first of all, I'm afraid of the ocean because I can not swim. For years when I was younger, I used to have reacuring dreams or nightmares I should say, about me running away from a tidal wave. They would be the same dreams but different scenarios. Well I stopped having those dreams several years ago. The other night I had one again. I was at the beach with someone, I don't know who, but we were walking on the ocean shore staring at the waves. As we started walking back to shore, that person grabbed my hand and told me to run. I looked behind me and saw a huge tidal wave comming twoards us. I was so terrified as I was running. While I was dreaming this dream, I remember thinking oh wow! another tidal wave dream and woke up.

I'm not sure if it's all the stress that I'm under lately that made me have this dream again.
I really do hate these dreams...
Old 02-22-2007, 10:07 AM   #60
theradicalviper

Wink micheal jackson

i keep having nightmares that the micheal jackson from thriller chasing me .....scary

i also once found out how to wake myself up during a dream but i cant seem to grasp it now.
theradicalviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:45 AM   #61
saerihnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyxnicole
I've been having this dream that my mother has cancer and is planning her own funeral and it definetly freaks me out.
I once had a dream that my mother was dying, because there was something wrong with her legs. It looked like black ink seeping through her body. She couldn't move very much. For some reason, she was choosing to get this operation done that would kill her. And it was taking place in the living room.... Anyway, my best friend (at the time) came over, and was drinking a little bit, and didn't seem to care about it. I was afraid of him in the dream. When I woke up, I was crying, and I was really pissed off about it, because I was trying to be emotionally distant from my family.

Other than that, I usually have dreams that are like bizarre action movies. I'm always being chased or shot at or something. Sometimes, other people die. Hehehe, in one of them, we had to climb along the side of a really tall building, and in one we had to hold our breath as we swam under a swamp. Usually, in these dreams, I'm with my group of close friends. When I wake up, I'm full of adrenaline, my heart is racing, and I'm paranoid until daylight. I can't get out of bed (I have a loft bed), because I'm afraid there might be someone or something under it. It kind of sucks.

I haven't had any of those lately, because I'm following a severely disrupted sleeping patter right now. *sigh*
saerihnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:49 AM   #62
Firestorm

Ok, here it goes.

I am floating in space, pulled by gravity, passing stars and planets along the way. Some distance away is a black hole surrounded by a bright accretion disc. The black hole draws me closer.
Some time later, i pass the event horizon. Inside the black hole, the sky above me starts to shrink. There is nothing to see exept for above, all other directions are down.
When the sky is reduced to a small dot, tidal forces begin to work. My body is stretched along its axis until there is only sub-atomic particles left. Some time later i reach the singularity, and then i wake up.

This dream is by far the most disturbing dream i have ever had.
Sounds crazy? It is.
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:02 AM   #63
Cyntrox

Sounds SCARY!

I'm terrified of open sea or space...
Old 02-26-2007, 04:49 PM   #64
leviathanbleedingblack

i have this dream that i am a young boy (like 8 or 9) and I am in a house that is comprised entriely of hallways. I start walking throught the halls and i can just tell there is a man behind me. I turn and he is wielding a huge hammer. I start to run, but i have to follow the twists and turns of the hallway, while this huge man and his hammer can just crush their way straight through the walls. I see a door and hide but when i turn around in the room is slathered in gore and there are holes in the floor (presumably impact marks from the hammer). He kicks in the door and i run to a closet door that is on the other side of the room. I go in, but the floor is slick with some substance . I back up and fall backwards onto a long proch that extends the entire length of the house. It is completely silent here, except for the whisper click of a wind chime above me comprised of human fingers in various stages of decomposition. I step into the yard which is a vineyard of gnarled trees in rows. The ground appears to be sand, but upon further inspection turn out to be needles woven together. Every step draws blood. I see a woman laying on the ground further down the row. I run to her to see if she can help me, or if i can help her, and she has no face except slashes forming an interlocking pattern of x's. She reaches for me and everytime she touches me i jolt awake.
leviathanbleedingblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:03 PM   #65
Godslayer Jillian

Ugh. I have had the worst dreams lately.
One didn't allow me to sleep for a couple of days, but what's worse was that it wasn't a nightmare; it was just a very sick dream. I don't want to get into details of that one, as t still makes me tremble, but the dream had a very wretched and caricaturesque feel to it, as if it were mocking the extent something can accomplish in being obscene without being simple terror.
A second dream was one where I was with friends I haven' seen since junior high in an aquarium. A girl decided to disturb a giant fish tank with slimy eels, to she climbed it and began disturbing the water. Every time she dipped her hand and agitated the water, the eels would go berserk to the point of ripping each other to shreds, but they didn't die; like worms, they would become sentient beings in themselves and grow back to their original size. Other guys would just touch the window and not be limited by it, picking and ripping the eels apart. Some time later all the shredded eels would move like a sentient being moving one way or the other, ravaging everything in the tank. I saw a very descriptive view of them tearing apart a seal while it squealed for its life. After that, I saw that the girl that originally disturbed the waters was inside the tank, sucking on a sea urchin. She looked at me, and was engulfed by the eels, clearly penetrating her skin (I can still picture one that went right through her left cheek) before they were too many to see through the curtain of those slithering motherfuckers.
I woke up, not being able to close my eyes anymore.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:05 PM   #66
Underwater Ophelia

The worst nightmare I've had recently is of me sitting on the front stoop/porch of a row-home and being molested by really creepy and ugly men while my friends watch with blank faces.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:56 AM   #67
Draconysius

I had a dream the other night where some black guy tapped me on the shoulder and I follwed him into a back alley where I walked down a ramp into a dimly-lit club. Too $hort (old-school rapper) was performing a totally kickass remix of "The Ghetto". It wasn't a nightmare, but I wanted to share that.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:43 AM   #68
Underwater Ophelia

That's pretty interesting. I'd think it'd be scary following anyone I didn't know into a back alley though, hah.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:59 AM   #69
Seektoamplify

I have two dreams that top the charts on my "scariest dream" list. The first one I had two years ago, I "woke up" and I could hear this demonic voice coming from nowhere saying that it would kill me I talked to it with my thoughts, I could hear it getting louder; I tried to move, but my entire body was paralyzed, it was so strange, because it happened to me in a "half-asleep" state, my eyes were open but my mind was sleeping. Thankfully, I've only had one of those dreams.

My second dream had happened to me twice. I would be in the living room of my house, doing something watching VT or playing with toys (when I had the dream in my earlier days). Suddenly a fog came into the room, similar to insecticide fogs. I would turn around and see that everyone in my family lost their faces, and they would slowly walk towards me in a zombie-like fashion. I would then go onto the deck of our house (which is on the second floor of our house) and jump off of it.
Seektoamplify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:02 PM   #70
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I had a dream that my step father was beating me and tried to kill me. This was after he really did hit me. It was scary. I won't go into detail.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:03 PM   #71
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears
I had a dream that my step father was beating me and tried to kill me. This was after he really did hit me. It was scary. I won't go into detail.
Oh, that's terrible. I hope you're ok.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:43 AM   #72
Draconysius

Last night, I had a dream some friend convinced me to buy a Metalocalypse military jacket, with a picture of Dethklok on the back. Much to my delight, it came with season 1 of Metalocalypse! Maybe I had this because I was watching an episode last night. XD
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:23 PM   #73
c130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
That's so hawt. I wish I had dreams like that. Snape's so sexy, and I'm ASEXUAL. That says something.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:46 PM   #74
wishcat

I had a nasty dream that I was in the kitchen cooking soup I think. When I scooped up a teaspoonfull of the soup to taste it, I noticed it had a redish color to it. I ignored it and tasted it. It tasted nasty and odd. As I stood there a bit confussed, I noticed something red drip into it from the ceiling. I looked up and there was a puddle of blood dripping from the vent. I gagged myself to puke in the sink and rinsed my mouth. I then ran to the roof of my house to see why there was blood there. When I got to the vent I saw a dead cayotee lying on top of the vent bleeding. Ack!!
Old 06-24-2007, 08:03 PM   #75
Aaroneet

Mine is very simple, and I've had it ever since I was little;

I'm running out of the door to my apartment building, to the outside world, when I crash into a metal gate. I always wake up right when it happens, but it's usually because of a sudden leg-jolt...