Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:23 PM   #51
tickingstitch

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_dragon_of_ice
Umm what the hell are you trying to say?
Wow, slow down, I just started using the computer again and was saying maybe WoW might be a bit much for me as I re-join the world. All I have been doing is reading, writing making music. No T.V. movies or computer and this site use to be differant... less adds.

But what I was saying, was I am interested in chacking out Wow. This thread is about that game right?@?@?

But I tried to download it anyways for the free trail but it takes forever and I am not sure how to get started. I am surrounded by gamers and it sounds interesting and the images look hot. Whats up with it?

Aim: K143rsjrp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
Oh shit!!!*tries to run away, but trips, he breaks his neck on a stool*No I know how Hilary Swank feels like.
tickingstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:44 PM   #52
dark_dragon_of_ice

I'm not angry... I was just confused about what you said.
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:59 PM   #53
tickingstitch

So how does one start? How long does it take to DL?

Quote:
Oh shit!!!*tries to run away, but trips, he breaks his neck on a stool*No I know how Hilary Swank feels like.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:04 AM   #54
dark_dragon_of_ice

Its a big file I recommend buying the game in a shop..you can get the game and expansion pack rather cheap in a bundle deal.
You can buy wow and bc online but it costs the exact same.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:56 AM   #55
Corpsey

Meh, I prefer Lineage 2. Free. Better graphics. Better gameplay AND you can make your own server.

All gamer freaks need to see the South Park episode on WoW, though. Moderation sure is the key, Methadrine.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:10 AM   #56
dark_dragon_of_ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey
Meh, I prefer Lineage 2. Free. Better graphics. Better gameplay AND you can make your own server.

All gamer freaks need to see the South Park episode on WoW, though. Moderation sure is the key, Methadrine.
http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/524/524726p1.html
that sums what I feel about it.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:40 PM   #57
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavulon
WoW is for people addicted to consumerism...
Are there any humans -not- addicted to consumerism..? O_o....

I've been many different things in WoW, but I just got bored with it. :P
Tam Li Hua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 06:09 PM   #58
Zavulon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
Are there any humans -not- addicted to consumerism..? O_o....

I've been many different things in WoW, but I just got bored with it. :P
i dont think im addicted to buying tons of needless stuff... but WoW is the ultimate consumerist game, it is designed in a way to keep people entertained enough to pick their pockets clean, and not designed in a way to really give people a meaningful gaming experience. it is just raid/raid/raid or pvp/pvp/pvp.... and the pvp is dumb to me in that game.
Zavulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 06:11 PM   #59
dark_dragon_of_ice

Quote:
i dont think im addicted to buying tons of needless stuff... but WoW is the ultimate consumerist game, it is designed in a way to keep people entertained enough to pick their pockets clean, and not designed in a way to really give people a meaningful gaming experience. it is just raid/raid/raid or pvp/pvp/pvp.... and the pvp is dumb to me in that game.
You've just explained all the MMorpg genre. What do you think is a meaningful gaming experience is different for other people. Heck all I care about is how much fun I have.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:20 PM   #60
Zavulon

well, to me Fun and Exciting is a meaningful experience... not a game like WoW that almost begins to feel like having a 2nd job...
Old 02-02-2008, 06:21 PM   #61
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
You've just explained all the MMorpg genre. What do you think is a meaningful gaming experience is different for other people. Heck all I care about is how much fun I have.
Amen and amen.

Plus, when I've had a bad day, it's -extremely- satisfying to go online and kill zombies/spiders/bears/whatever. XD

I say if you don't derive any pleasure from the games, then don't play them.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:22 PM   #62
dark_dragon_of_ice

Quote:
well, to me Fun and Exciting is a meaningful experience... not a game like WoW that almost begins to feel like having a 2nd job...
Meaningful? How are games meaningful ? Shooting computer generated objects is never meaningful. It all depends on how you play wow if it becomes a chore or not and heck wow has the one of quickest easiest leveling system for a mmorpg.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:27 PM   #63
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Meaningful? How are games meaningful ? Shooting computer generated objects is never meaningful. It all depends on how you play wow if it becomes a chore or not and heck wow has the one of quickest easiest leveling system for a mmorpg.
It's meaningful because I consider it fun. Like I said, if you don't find it fun, then don't play.

[i. e., not everything has to have an intensely deep meaning for it to be enjoyable. ^_^ ]

I will admit, I got tired of WoW after a while, but it took a good 2 to 3 years for it to happen.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:30 PM   #64
dark_dragon_of_ice

Quote:
It's meaningful because I consider it fun. Like I said, if you don't find it fun, then don't play.

[i. e., not everything has to have an intensely deep meaning for it to be enjoyable. ^_^ ]

I will admit, I got tired of WoW after a while, but it took a good 2 to 3 years for it to happen.
Im tired of it as well..But breaks do wonders to getting you playing again.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:31 PM   #65
Zavulon

Quote:
they're as meaningful as reading books or writing poetry, they are a way to retreat from real life... they bring joy or are way to express your nefarious side... that is always meaningful... having an outlet for yourself...
Old 02-02-2008, 06:33 PM   #66
dark_dragon_of_ice

And wow succeeds in that if you read some of the quests and see the developing lore or actually go on a rp server...heck It doesn't have to even be story based if its just a retreat from normal life.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:49 PM   #67
tickingstitch

I want to play, Dark Dragon what server do you play on?

Quote:
Old 02-02-2008, 06:50 PM   #68
tickingstitch

It seems like its time for me to play

Quote:
Old 02-02-2008, 06:52 PM   #69
dark_dragon_of_ice

I play on blackrock on my new mage at the moment.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:27 PM   #70
tickingstitch

Cool. Im going to go buy it and see what this is all about

Quote:
Old 02-03-2008, 12:27 AM   #71
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickingstitch
Cool. Im going to go buy it and see what this is all about
You might want to get the free trial first, to see if you like it. The game itself is like $40 for the disks/to download, plus $14.95 per month for service.

The free trial is available at any local gamestore or Wal-Mart for like $2.00 or less.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:52 AM   #72
Dyce

I'm a raider from Staghelm horde side, raid 3 nights a week trying to 1 more boss until Hyjal. I've been playing for about 1 to 2 years now kinda lost track. I guess I can say I'm addicted though I hate saying it lol. I agree with many people when they say its a wallet killer. Only thing I wish they would change on the game is the price.
Dyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:14 AM   #73
tickingstitch

Quote:
You might want to get the free trial first, to see if you like it. The game itself is like $40 for the disks/to download, plus $14.95 per month for service.

The free trial is available at any local gamestore or Wal-Mart for like $2.00 or less.
Cool Thanks.

Quote:
Old 02-03-2008, 10:53 AM   #74
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Cool Thanks.
You're welcome!
Old 02-03-2008, 12:05 PM   #75
Dyce

Quote: