Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:10 AM   #1
Miss Absynthe

Miss Absynthe

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

I am a nurse, but am taking some time from nursing after doing it for 12+ years. I am currently working in a bookstore on a Uni campus in regional Australia. I am also studying for a Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences - with a double major in Criminology/Psych.

With the little free time I have I blog, hang out with friends, watch things, listen to things, write things and read things.

I also have two dogs, three cats and two ferrets.

2. Where are you from?

Originally, Sydney Australia. I now live in a regional area of Australia called Bathurst. It is about 3 hours inland from Sydney. I love living here.

3. Who is your favorite author?

This is actually really hard for me to answer. At the moment I am really loving Mary Gatskill. But I also love Joseph Conrad, A.A. Milne, Tom Stoppard and Samuel Beckett.

4. What are your favorite films?

Another one that I find hard to answer... Secretary, Donnie Darko, Benny & Joon, and Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

I don't believe in marriage - it is a ritual that is a part of a religion that I don't follow, so I think that it is disrespectful (and bad magic) to take on a ritual that I have no right to use.

6. At your funeral?

Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again by The Angels (with the 'No Way, Get Fucked, Fuck Off!' part yelled out by the attendees - which you probably won't get unless you're Australian and my age.)

I Grieve by Peter Gabriel

In My Mind by Amanda Palmer

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

Running with The Doctor

8. What kind of casket would you want?

Something cheap, simple and easily biodegradable.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

My red party dress with the fishnet stockings and my ruby red slippers!

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

Nothing - I still very much am a little kid.

11. What's your favorite band?

What is with all of the 'favourite' questions! Sheesh!

Umm... It was The Dresden Dolls, but I'm not so sure now. I'm loving Gotye and Kimbra at the moment.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

I love learning, and have done a lot. I have a BA in Theatre Media and a nursing degree. I'm at Uni again now studying Criminology and Psych.

13. Why did you join?

I was a member years ago and enjoyed coming here... I thought that I might pop back for a while. My old ID was Delicate Torture.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

Gender is a social construct that shouldn't be used as an identifier for a person, in the same way that race shouldn't be. But aside from that, I am a cis-gendered babygirl femme with occasional tom-boy tendencies.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:00 AM   #2
carakitty

What is cis-gendered?

Your favorite outfit sounds divine! I'd love to see a picture of it.

Welcome to gnet!
Old 10-15-2011, 01:07 PM   #3
Beowulf

Hello and welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:04 PM   #4
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by carakitty View Post
What is cis-gendered?
Someone who is cis-gendered is someone whose body matches up to the gender that they identify as.

And thankees to both of you for the welcomes.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:28 AM   #5
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
*tackles and hugs tight* You're back! I know you probably don't remember me but I remember you quite well. You were one of the people who responded to my intro post when I joined years ago, and now that you're back, you're the only one left. https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=4644

I think I even added you on msn but I lost track and you ended up being one of the anonymous added people who I have forgotten how I know them.

I've wondered for quite a bit what had become of you.

We seem to be having alot of old members returning.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #6
The Divine Ms. M

Welcome to the boards!

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh you ca'n't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here."-from Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

"A real friend will stab you in the front."-licence plate frame a friend & I saw
Please read My Blog!
The Divine Ms. M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:12 PM   #7
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
*tackles and hugs tight* You're back! I know you probably don't remember me but I remember you quite well. You were one of the people who responded to my intro post when I joined years ago, and now that you're back, you're the only one left. https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=4644

I think I even added you on msn but I lost track and you ended up being one of the anonymous added people who I have forgotten how I know them.

I've wondered for quite a bit what had become of you.

We seem to be having alot of old members returning.
I think that there is some Bible verse somewhere that refers to a dog always returning to it's vomit... maybe that's why we are all coming back?

I do remember you!
Old 10-16-2011, 06:28 PM   #8
lord of the lightbulb

Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again by The Angels (with the 'No Way, Get Fucked, Fuck Off!' part yelled out by the attendees - which you probably won't get unless you're Australian and my age.)

i get it lol im from the uk but i served in the british army as a marksman in the parachute regiment an my spotter was an aussie from broken ridge not far from you i guess same area' ish

he used to sing it all the bloody time did my head in lol
mind you i dont know if it was the song or just his singing but yea lmao
lord of the lightbulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:55 AM   #9
Miss Absynthe

Ooh.. I found my old account and thought that I would post the intro info from that thread (13th Oct, 2006 - I was only three days off rejoining on my G-net B-day... weird.)

Quote:
Delicate Torture

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

I'm a Nurse. (An Endorsed Enrolled Nurse for those who know what that is.. if you don't know it really is nothing remotely impressive. It just means that I get paid a tiny bit more to wipe arses.) I'm trained in Psych and Palliative Care, PC being my first love.. although now I work on a rehab ward where I get to say "No, you can't have a bed pan. We are getting you up to the toilet now" over and over again. Wow.. my life and ER. How can you tell the difference?

Hobbies-wise there is music (ecclectic tastes), painting (with soft pastels, mainly the human form), writing (sometimes erotica, sometimes poetry, usually involving blood and pain), reading (I love reading fluffy fun sci-fi/horror), sarcasm, ferrets and crochet. I'm not being sarcastic about the crochet.

2. Where are you from?

Well, when a mummy and a daddy love each other very much.. or, in my case they tolerated each other for a few minutes (hours if you ask my father, minutes if my mother tells the story) they get very close and part of the daddy's body gets... oh? That isn't what you're asking?

Oh. I'm from Sydney, Australia.

No, I didn't know Steve Irwin.

3. Who is your favorite author?

I want to say Samuel Beckett or Pablo Neruda, but being honest... Laurell K Hamilton. I SO have a thing for her Anita Blake Series.

4. What are your favorite films?

Donnie Darko, Broken Saints, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

Tainted Love by Soft Cell and a piece by Graham Bell called Bell, Book and Candle.

6. At your funeral?

Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again by the Angels

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

I haven't worked it out yet.. but I want to be found in mysterious circumstances, wrapped in lettuce leaves.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

I want to be cremated and have my ashes kept in one of those cookie jars that are shaped like a cow and MOOOOO when you open the lid. I'm thinking of having the chip changed so the cookie jar says "OI! CLOSE THAT LID.. IT'S COLD IN HERE. WERE YOU BORN IN A BARN?!"

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

I want to say my leather corset and black velvet skirt with my 5" heel Demonia boots... but truthfully I would have to say my pj's and fluffy monkey socks.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

The whole 'little' part of it.

11. What's your favorite band?

There are so many.. The Cure, Joy Division, Placebo, Dresden Dolls, The Graphics, John Denver. No, I'm not joking. Fuck you.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

I've got a BA and Dip Ed. I studied English Lit and Theatre Studies and then concentrated on children with behavioural issues and developmental delays for my Dip Ed. I also have a Certificate IV in Theology and my Nursing Cert IV. I'm going to be doing a BNursing starting next year.

13. Why did you join?

I've belonged to gothic.org.au for a while now and am a moderator there. I really enjoy it, but I work night duty and there isn't a lot of traffic there overnight. I want something to keep me entertained while I'm at work.. changing adult diapers just doesn't do it for me. I also join Blueblood.net, but that site is blocked on the work computers. Damn internet policies.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

I'm a she. It could be confusing at times because I might also refer to my SO as a she as well. This is because I'm a lesbian, not because I'm dating myself.