Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-12-2007, 07:41 PM   #1
Draconysius

Childhood Toys

So, what kind of childhood toys did you have? I don't mean just everyday toys, but these really special ones; the ones you slept with, the ones you personified into a best friend. What were they, how did they feel, what kind of "love" did they get subjected to (if you know what I mean), and where are they now? I just thought this would be a good way into people's minds. You don't have to tell everything if you're embarrassed.

For me, it was a stuffed cat I simply named "Kitty". He was left one day in church by my cousin, and ever since then, I couldn't be separated from him. I remember just dragging his nose on the floor all day as I crawled around on my knees. I brought him several times to "day care", as it was called, and one time his freaking eyeballs fell out. Thankfully, though, they were hot-glued back in. 0.0 He has a place, safely kept in his vulnerability, inside a wooden chest. Of course, I made sure he's on the top.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:44 PM   #2
rawrwithcows

Oooo! My favorite childish toy was... OH! it was a stuffed bunny, and I named her sassy, and bought stupid clothes for it. IT WAS SO FLUFFY. o_o;;;

I got it at build a bear for my birthday, and it was weird. I never went to that store again though... oddly enough, I still have it on my table and everything... xD
rawrwithcows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:19 PM   #3
LaBelleDameSansMerci

My favourite childhood toys were my rubber dinosaurs and my lego. None of the girly stuff, except for a girly set that they gave me as a prize for a lego building competition. I had all the alien ones, and an old pirate ship. I had all three dragons, too. Then I painted them.
I was obsessed with dinosaurs though when I was a kid. They were my passion.

Now my favourite toy is a large stuffed dragon that I sleep with. *voice goes all creepy-girly* It keeps me safe from the demons under my bed.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:54 PM   #4
Clockwork

Jester. A typical teddy bear, but he wore a red and purple harlequin costume. He was my nighttime companion more than anything else. I'd imagine that wires connected my brain to his, so we could communicate by thought - saved me the trouble of actually speaking to him, and it explained his own quiet nature.

As for toys, I loved nothing as much as I did my Gamegear.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:13 AM   #5
Minyaliel

I had (and still have) five toys that I loved more than anything. One was a doll, you know, the soft- belly- hard plastic- face- and- hands kind of doll, which I'd carry around constantly. I got this when I was about three, I believe. Then it was a doll which was pretty much like a stuffed toy, which I got the day I was born, and a light blue stuffed rabbit, which I got the day after, and which, to this day is the only living memory I have of my father. Then, there was another, very beautiful stuffed- toy kind of doll and a stuffed kitten which I was given by my then best friend as a birthday present. But it's the rabbit and the two first mentioned dolls that I was the most attached to in my early years. I still keep the four stuffed toys in my room, mostly as a decoration, but sometimes I can't help but take the rabbit to bed with me, if I feel lonely...
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:03 AM   #6
DarkHeartedDemoness

http://i15.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/84/43/2efe_2.JPG

This is a Popples. This is actually the exact coloring of my popples, except much brighter, because my popples has slept in the same bed as me for the past 20 years.

Popples doesn't really have a gender. Actually, the way it works is this: Popples can change gender at whim. When she feels like a girl, her name is Sally Kondonna. When he feels like a boy, his name is Jack. This was decided when I learned about genitals and discovered popples didn't have any. Popples is now also missing a tail, because I used to take him to play with me and then at the end of the day, I'd hit him against a wall to get all the sand off of him. One day, his tail came off in my hand. I was mortified.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:09 AM   #7
Draconysius

I'm really pleased to hear how everyone, no matter how they are on the outside, was still once an innocent child, unscathed by human thought.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:10 AM   #8
DarkHeartedDemoness

What are you saying about how I am on the outside?!

If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 01-13-2007, 10:16 AM   #9
Draconysius

Ah, you know, tortured, resentful, rejected, torn, the typical fare.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:10 AM   #10
DarkHeartedDemoness

Meaniehead. I'll get you. I'mma kill you in the face.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 01-13-2007, 01:19 PM   #11
Draconysius

No, I'm not accusing you of that. I mean, no matter how unpleasant people may appear on the outside (i.e. Goths), they were all once innocent children.