Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:07 PM   #6501
Solumina

It made me giggle so at least we're both immature.

Honestly I don't mind it at all when my normal gyno does it, but I've tried docs closer to where I am now and even just a regular exam was rather uncomfortable, hence why I still make a trip out of town every time I need to see my gyno.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:29 PM   #6502
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
It made me giggle so at least we're both immature.
SELECTIVE READING FUCK YEAH *CHEST BUMP* spooky lowercase letters
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:21 PM   #6503
Solumina

Hahaha, I had a feeling you would skip over that second bit.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 09-30-2011, 05:52 PM   #6504
Solumina

Well I just had a little look at Jake's bank statement (not snooping, he printed it out for me to look over and try to find some ways to squeeze a bit more out of our budget) and found that Mr. "I don't spend money on anything frivolous" spent over $100 last month on fast food and delivery for lunch at work.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 09-30-2011, 07:25 PM   #6505
Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
School is a trigger, but Chinese is the only one really bad this semester. I usually love this prof but she's hard on the self esteem. It sucks, I was looking forward to this class being my fun class, but its a headache I'm thinking about dropping it, if I'm doing contemp religious movements I don't really need it unless I want to do Chinese studies, which I don't think is where I'm going to go. I feel disappointed but I had another panic attack today.
(Yay for responding late)

I know all about hard on the self esteem teachers. Apparently everyone is going to fail the first physics test and if you forgot any math from 1090/high school whatsoever you're stupid and should just leave math 1000 and never come back.

It's too bad it turned out this way. If you keep having panic attacks in class though it is probably for the best that you drop it. Are you on meds or seeing someone for your anxiety?
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:01 PM   #6506
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
Had to go for a smear test today ( lovely birthday gift..not ) What on earth is all the fuss about? I've seen all sorts of comments ( not here ) and quotes about them being uncomfortable, even painful. I was expecting some sort of traumatic experience. Didn't feel a damn thing. I'm curious as to how supposedly uncomfortable a soft rubbery mini basting brush ( used to collect the cells ) is meant to be.
The last gyno visit I had was the least painful one ever! These days they use that soft plastic brush that you can't really feel. When I started getting them done at 15 they used to use a wooden spatula-looking thing to scrape you and make you bleed, and they used a big mascara wand-thing to collect the cells. It used to be very painful, but I don't see WTF the big deal is these days. I have a high tolerance for pain, but that doesn't mean I always like it.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:31 PM   #6507
Saya

You laugh now, Versus, but your face will be priceless if you ever activate the cervix alarm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
(Yay for responding late)

I know all about hard on the self esteem teachers. Apparently everyone is going to fail the first physics test and if you forgot any math from 1090/high school whatsoever you're stupid and should just leave math 1000 and never come back.

It's too bad it turned out this way. If you keep having panic attacks in class though it is probably for the best that you drop it. Are you on meds or seeing someone for your anxiety?
Oh god, I'd hate that. I went out of my way to avoid taking math in university. I was really good at math in high school and I took the advance math program, which in the last year since we got the third year credit done in level 2, we had something like a mock university course (we couldn't do AP). I didn't need to do well because MUN ignores it, so I slacked off a lot, but at the end she was like "oh, the regular math students will do much better than you guys on the math placement test since no calculators are allowed, and you're totally dependent on them now." And its true, I need a calculator always

It just bums me out dropping it, it was supposed to be my fun course, but I keep freaking out in class. I'm enjoying all my other courses well enough and oddly enough intro to the old testament is a really fun course. He's even teaching us Hebrew words so I'm wondering how that course is. If its the same prof it would be awesome, he's really laid back and really loves talking about this stuff. Kinda reminds me of Fred Penner.

I'm not taking meds, honestly in the last few years panic attacks have usually been so infrequent I rarely think about it anymore. Otherwise I go to the counselling centre but I haven't had time yet this semester.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:24 AM   #6508
Versus

Quote:
You laugh now, Versus, but your face will be priceless if you ever activate the cervix alarm.
No worries! My pecker is way too small.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #6509
wolf moon

Okay, I am currently having the First-World-iest of First World problems:

I get really, really angry every time Safari re-opens the windows from my last "session". I closed those windows for a reason. I was done with them. I don't want to hold the option key every time I close a window. My computer is patronizing me.

I lost my special nighttime wristband and now my FitBit won't track how efficient my sleep is.
wolf moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:35 AM   #6510
MissCheyenne

Well, the doctors have been out today and they agree that Mum has gone downhill again since they were here a week ago and believe that she is getting near the end now. I thought I'd feel more but I just feel empty now. I thought there'd be more time than this.

Sorry I'm not around much guys, I just don't have much time for anything at the minute.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:00 AM   #6511
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
Well, the doctors have been out today and they agree that Mum has gone downhill again since they were here a week ago and believe that she is getting near the end now. I thought I'd feel more but I just feel empty now. I thought there'd be more time than this.

Sorry I'm not around much guys, I just don't have much time for anything at the minute.
*hugs* I'm so sorry MissC. Don't worry about not being around, we're thinking about you.

I know the appeal of having more time with her, but if she's going to go, it might be better for her to go more quickly than have this prolonged out over a long period of time, you know? Speaking as someone who lost someone close to illness (ALS), its hard but in retrospect I'm very glad she didn't make it to the later, more disabling stages of the disease.

Again, I'm so sorry.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:18 AM   #6512
Timeless Rebellion

Can't afford to have my tooth fixed, so I'll have to have it pulled out because that costs like a tenth of having it fixed.
FML.
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:36 PM   #6513
Apathy's_Child

Quote:

Shit dude, I'm so sorry. All I can say is that you kick seven kinds of ass and your mom is lucky to have someone as strong and selfless as you beside her. *bearhugs*

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:35 AM   #6514
Mr.Doobie

A friend of mine just got arrested for statutory **** and sexual assault and I don't know what to think.

Basically, he's a 20-year old guy who was caught having (supposedly) consensual sex with a 13-year old and a 15-year old.

A bunch of my other friends are supporting him and saying he did nothing wrong, but I just can't stand by that. They all say it was "consensual", but I still don't believe a 13-15 year old can give consent. Not to a 20 year old man.

So now I don't know what to do. I want to be supportive of him emotionally because he's going to jail, but I don't want to tell him "it's alright you were having sex with little kids" because it's really not. I also don't know how to deal with my friends who seem offended by the notion that I think what he did was wrong. One of my friends even accused me of being homophobic, when she really should know better. If it was a 13/15 year old girl I would feel the same exact way.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:14 AM   #6515
MissCheyenne

Doobs, he may be your friend but that's straight up wrong. Your other friends who are saying he's done nothing wrong are wrong. I don't believe for a minute that a 13 year old child is capable of making an informed choice in regards to sex. It would be different if your friend was the same age but he isn't, he is significantly older and absolutely should know better. I'm sorry you feel so torn about it and I understand that you want to support your friend and it must be hard wanting to do that whilst knowing he is in the wrong. I wish I had some real advice for you but I'm really stumped on this.

I am your slice of pie
Old 10-05-2011, 07:55 AM   #6516
Grausamkeit

Doobz, I understand feeling conflicted, hun. However, I'm going to completely back what MissC said. Your friends are wrong, you are right. It is sad that rather than seeing what that 20y.o. did as wrong they are attacking you for being more level-headed. One thing I've learned over the years is that those situations will show you who your 'friends' really are.

You are in the states, IIRC? If so your friend damn well knows age of consent laws and he's just a fucking creep. You are a good man. Don't let them make you think differently.

*HUGZ*

Old 10-07-2011, 01:37 AM   #6517
MissCheyenne

I have to go for a surgical consultation about my eyes. My vision is just not improving despite the exercises and prisms. I am totally weirded out at the thought of someone touching my eyes.

I am your slice of pie
Old 10-07-2011, 02:09 AM   #6518
Versus

Quote:
I have to go for a surgical consultation about my eyes. My vision is just not improving despite the exercises and prisms. I am totally weirded out at the thought of someone touching my eyes.
I know the feeling. When I was talking to the optomitrist about my surgery, it was both fascinating and horrifying.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:34 AM   #6519
MissCheyenne

Well, they might not do anything, I don't know yet but the orthoptics clinic and the opthamologist are not happy that my vision is just not getting any better despite what they do so they are looking for a surgical option now. I just find the idea of someone actually touching my eyes really really gross.

I am your slice of pie
Old 10-07-2011, 05:10 AM   #6520
Saya

They might not touch them, last time I got an eye exam he was a little concerned and he said he was going to do something to my eye which horrified me, wish I could remember what it was. He never directly touched them though, or maybe it did and it was so light I didn't even catch it.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:30 PM   #6521
Daywalker

Un fucking believable this mom comes on TV and confesses that to get her child to eat his dinner she bribes him with new videos games. I wish I was having 60$ meals. Or just getting 60$ to eat my dinner.
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:07 AM   #6522
Versus

My eyes got touched with an electric toothbrush with metal bristles. I might have been very unnerved if I wasn't high as a kite from le Valium.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:43 AM   #6523
Grausamkeit

Electric toothbrushes have metal bristles?

Old 10-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #6524
Saya

He's talking about when he had laser eye surgery. Or at least I hope so.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #6525
Grausamkeit

Quote:
He's talking about when he had laser eye surgery. Or at least I hope so.
I figured something didn't seem right about that statement. Then again, after watching that 'monkey slap' video I think he may have a death wish.