Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:42 PM   #1
Pelagia

Spider Liner

Has anyone tried Tish and Snookys Spider Liner Gel eyeliner? Is it really smudgeproof? Im tired of buying liners that come off or smudge or get on the rest of my eyelid.
Pelagia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 02:53 PM   #2
Pyre

Rawrgh! I know what you mean. I can't help you there, but I recently bought a stick eyeliner (the kind that is self-sharpening when twisted), and it smudges terribly. I don't recall having this problem the last time I had this liner, but now it's become such a problem. I can only wear it with my black eyeshadow, and I have to line the eyeshadow under my eye to cover up the smudginess :-/

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:01 PM   #3
Pelagia

Benefit makes a cake eyeliner and a sealer called shelaq that works great but the shelaq itself 28.00 so I figured if the spider liner works, it would be sooo much cheaper. You can see the sealer at the link below, it lasts a long time too, but Its hard for me to spend that kind of money on a sealer, but you can use it on lips and eyelashes too.
http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/gp/p...1&bcBrand=core
Old 12-20-2006, 04:01 PM   #4
Graveyard.Crow

What is a make up sealer? I have never used it
Old 12-20-2006, 04:45 PM   #5
Pelagia

Sealer keeps your liner in place, it keeps it from smudging, or creasing throught the day. You can also use this particular shelaq on lips, eyelashes and over your eyeshadow to keep it in place (I never tried it over my shadow) This stuff stays on so well I would say it could be used as theatrical make-up, and I love the wear time of theatrical makeup!
Old 12-20-2006, 04:54 PM   #6
Graveyard.Crow

But's it's clear, and doesn't feel like plastic over your eyes or lips right?
Old 12-20-2006, 05:02 PM   #7
Pelagia

It is clear and I couldnt really feel it on my eyeliner or over my mascara. I didnt really use it on my lips because I have super dry lips, so almost anything besides my usual lip regimens make them peel I never tried it over my eyeshadow either because I didnt even know you could, they should have told me that at the makeup counter

If you do use it make sure to dispense it out and not double dip or you will turn the whole bottle gray or black, that what I did by accident but I only used it on black so it didnt really matter.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:46 PM   #8
Graveyard.Crow

Hmm I guess I will have to make a trip to the make up counter and have a talk with one of the sales people. Not to worry, I love the make up counter and talking to sales people who sell the make up.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:46 PM   #9
Graveyard.Crow

Is the book "making faces" really that good if you do not wear just "regular" make up.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:41 AM   #10
Pelagia

Kevin Aucoin's books are great, there are all kinds if ideas to mix and match. He definately has looks and tricks that are not conventional. I like the way he did Gweneth Paltrow's make up the look is called "the enigma" and I really like Drew Barrymore as the femme fetale. You can also look at a few pages of each book at amazon.com heres a link to them:
http://amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/002...s=making+faces