Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #1
Princess Sandi

Anyone use skin lighteners?

I know those store bought, UK-banned ones are damaging and bad for you, but I am talking the homeopathic ones as well.
I am officially Caucasian (at least, that's what I always write), but I am a mix of Hebrew (middle eastern I guess), Native American, and East European, so I have this dark skin color. If I ever let my skin get the least bit as dark as it should be, I would probably be stopped at airport security "randomly."
I use lemon juice, milk, and other things which are supposed to help lighten my skin, as well as the highest SPF I can find. And since sunlight gives me horrible headaches anyway, I avoid it if at all possible.
I was wondering if anyone had any tips for getting pale and staying pale if you aren't quite as white as you wish?
Princess Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
ThenAgain

I don't think the word 'homeopathic' means what you think it means.
ThenAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:03 PM   #3
Princess Sandi

Maybe homeopathic was not the correct word, though there are ones like that... I guess I meant natural or homemade or some combination...
Princess Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #4
ThenAgain

Yeah, that's the one
Really, as far as I know, the only way to keep your skin as pale as possible is to not go in the sun, I'm afraid.
ThenAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:13 PM   #5
Lolly PopMuzik

This is an actual topic?

Seriously, they have been criticized for not only fostering negativity regarding dark skin colors in society but also because the majority of them are dangerous (Besides the Ambi tubes, I can't think of ONE that has come close to passing muster with the FDA)

If it were scarring, vitiligo and dark spots you were worried about, fine. But maybe you oughta consider sunscreen and a parasol if you're that desperate.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:14 PM   #6
Li'l Miss Sticky Kiss

As far as natural and safe I know you can use strawberries on your teeth to get them white but I do not know about skin.
Now days I use "Nadinola" that is 3% Hydroqinone (a skin lightener). I get it in the "Ethnic" skin and hair section here in the states. It was recommended to me when I wanted to undo the sun damage done while I as in Iraq. It only fades my freckles so, I do not know how it would work for you.

What I am about to say next you should not do, but I did it for several years. It pails the skin, softens bones which is great of corset training, and decreases the appetite also great for corset training.

This is NOT SAFE but can be considered "Naturally Accruing".

! ! ! DO NOT TRY THIS EVER ! ! !

Arsenic

Arsenic was used in the Victorian Age for this very purpose, to pail the skin. I used a pinhead size amount once a month and did not see results for six months. and stopped after 3 years. Remember, Arsenic is an accumulative poison, meaning it adds up slowly with use, TILL IT KILLS YOU! Beauty should not be deadly, save that for the "tanning bed" users.
You are beautiful just the way you are so, If you or any one else wants to be pail please do it safely.
So, why did I give you the info if I don't want you to do it? Because if I didn't someone else might have, but without the warning. Best of luck. I will check back because I would like to know is there is a safer way for myself as well.

Last edited by Li'l Miss Sticky Kiss; 07-23-2010 at 10:16 PM. Reason: I fogot a comma
Li'l Miss Sticky Kiss is offline   Reply With Quote