Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 01-24-2009, 12:20 PM   #1
JCC

Squatters kidnap talking bread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Local
Leftist squatters have kidnapped Bernd das Brot – a talking loaf of bread from a children’s TV show – to protest their eviction from an occupied building in the eastern German city of Erfurt.

A two-metre-tall likeness of the surly orange-brown tin loaf went missing from its post in front of the city hall building weeks ago and a letter from group of squatters claiming responsibility for the abduction soon surfaced. Then the leftists followed up with a video of their doughy “hostage” complete with commentary sympathetic to the squatter’s plight in Bernd’s own deep voice.

“The squat must absolutely stay! I’m prepared to show myself in public again, but I can’t at the expense of my conscience,” says Bernd in the video while being shown the premises – raising the possibility that the loaf of bread has developed Stockholm syndrome during his captivity.

On Friday, public broadcaster MDR – which owns the rights to Bernd das Brot – forced Youtube to remove the video from the internet. Steffen Kottkamp, head of Erfurt-based children TV channel Kinderkanal (Ki.Ka) also failed to see any humour in Bernd’s abduction.

“You just don’t do that!” Kottkamp told newspaper Die Welt. “We would have to ask Bernd, but he himself certainly wouldn’t have agreed to this.”

Using one of Bernd’s favourite expressions, Kottkamp said the grumpy TV character considers abductions – especially his own – Mist, which is the German word for “crap.”

However, the award-winning loaf of bread is also known for being irredeemably fatalistic as he endures countless hardships in life, so if any Ki.Ka star was going to be abducted it he'd probably think it would have to be him.

Negotiations between city authorities and squatters known as Team 129 A broke down weeks ago after the building occupants rejected an offer for alternative housing. Their eviction was postponed on Friday until February 15, according to the group’s website. Their squat is to be converted into apartments and office space.
http://www.thelocal.de/society/20090123-16961.html

Our prayers go out to Bernd das Brot in his time of need.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:34 PM   #2
KontanKarite

...*facepalm*

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:10 AM   #3
Despanan

Buahahahahahaha!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote