Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 02-16-2007, 02:01 PM   #276
Binkie

Heh. There's a blast from the past. :P
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:48 PM   #277
Cyntrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vako
It's got good things like the Bill of Rights. I'd rather make an ass out of myself in this country than in some other shithole.
So, are you trying to say that every other country is a shithole and the people there have no rights? Come on... Nationalism is one thing, but saying that is just dumb.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:51 AM   #278
CptSternn

Ahhh...the ol' america is the best argument. That argument is always a fun one, as it gives us outside the states the chance to point out all the reasons america is #15 (I think thats where they ranked this year in overall quality of life compared to other first world nations).

There is a link to those stats in this very thread.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:00 AM   #279
nuksaa

Quote:
11.7% of the us military, or 125,525 since 2003, are waivers meaning they were either too fat, stupid, or had a criminal background but were allowed into the us military anyway.
Review your own stats. 11.7% require a waiver. If you have experience in the US military, you know the red tape and waiverable material has increased substantially since 1992. These waivers include involuntary manslaughter to unpaid parking tickets. Recommend reviewing what is considered a felony. You use the term 'criminal background' too loosely without substantial knowledge. Several judges do give individuals the opportunity to avoid jail time by joining the military. A process which has been used for decades; and they don't do it for everyone. I have seen several of these individuals with 'criminal background' break from this behavior and make the most of the opportunities available to them while in the military.

I also recommend to review the military's method for determining body fat %. It is highly inaccurate but extremely cost effective. Several of these waivers are just for that purpose.

Too stupid? Really? Strange how the military assists these individuals in achieving a GED and tuition assistance in order to achieve their college degrees while on active duty. There is a push to require senior listed ranks to have a bachelor's degree before achieving the higher paygrade.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:31 AM   #280
ArtificialOne

Yes, we should all believe stats and polls because humans allways tell the truth when asked questions of any type....

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:33 PM   #281
raggedyanne

ArtificialOne states truth here. Stern, man, last time soneone in your family asked you something you didn't want to answer, did you lie? Not sure about whatever planet you live on, but in the U.S. we have to fill out forms for jobs or apartments/dorms. I personally would not give the complete truth if it meant missing out on an opportunity for somethig minor. Now, I believe this thread has gone on long enough; do't even try to insult me, because I've probebly heard it before (and do't you dare warp that statement).
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:56 PM   #282
Frankenscott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenscott
What about my childish question?
Whatsamatta Col. Sanders... CHICKEN!?!? ~Dark Helmet
Frankenscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 08:17 PM   #283
ArtificialOne

Whatcha talkin about Franken?

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 02-18-2007, 08:59 PM   #284
Frankenscott

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialOne
Whatcha talkin about Franken?
Just picking on Sternn, He seems to be the fat guy who calls everyone fat. Have you looked through his giant bullshit story on his homepage... Save your lies for court, Sternn
Old 02-19-2007, 05:21 AM   #285
CptSternn

...and from the wow, this goes along with my last post category...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6360517.stm

Why are Dutch children so happy?

The Netherlands has come top of a league table for child well-being across 21 industrialised countries.

The study by the UN children's organisation, Unicef, looked at relative poverty, educational and health standards, sexual behaviour and the children's relationship with friends and parents...

*snip*

More importantly, america ranks next to dead last in providing for the well being of children - second only to britian.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:10 PM   #286
Frankenscott

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
...and from the wow, this goes along with my last post category...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6360517.stm

Why are Dutch children so happy?

The Netherlands has come top of a league table for child well-being across 21 industrialised countries.

The study by the UN children's organisation, Unicef, looked at relative poverty, educational and health standards, sexual behaviour and the children's relationship with friends and parents...

*snip*

More importantly, america ranks next to dead last in providing for the well being of children - second only to britian.
What's your point? Ireland is a worthless piece of Great Britain... The Germans saw no point in taking it in WW2 and England knows it would just drain it's resources. The Irish are so impotent, they can't even take back what they think is theirs... High inflation, low job skills, you have it all. You know what Ireland doesn't have a problem with? ...Immigration
Old 02-20-2007, 06:29 PM   #287
ArtificialOne

Yeah, I saw his pages. Made me think of a greasy salesman...yuck....

P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 02-21-2007, 12:32 AM   #288
Vako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyntrox
So, are you trying to say that every other country is a shithole and the people there have no rights? Come on... Nationalism is one thing, but saying that is just dumb.
No. I am well aware that there are many other excellent, well-run countries. I include the U.S. in that category. Most countries are undesirable to me. I'm not an "America is #1" person. That is dumb. I do appreciate my country, though.

Everyone has a right to express his/her point of view, but this Sternn seems to be pushing his anti-U.S. agenda, and it is kind of annoying.

And yes, I have been to other countries.
Vako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:54 PM   #289
DarkAges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenscott
So... In the time you were in the US you were in the military, played semi-pro rugby, sat on the board of directors with a Fortune 500 company, and was a Senior Administrator until George Bush send your job overseas.You claim to be an MCSE, but don't list the MCPs associated with the specific track your MCSE defines, claim to have taught "MCSE" classes (there is no such thing considering an MCSE is a suite of MCPs) the only cert you list is the CompTIA A+ (which could be passed by a monkey with a wiffleball bat) You pretended to be homosexual back when more than two people here admitted to being and wanted to fit in then too. ..Oh, and you collected Porsches and raced one of them (the link goes to Wiki, not a picture of you with your "1 of 2000" 944) until you moved to Ireland to be a DJ and a non-threatening bouncer ...and to argue with teenagers in forums
DarkAges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:20 PM   #290
KontanKarite

This may already been mentioned. I admit that most things people would expect someone to know, they wont. Well, I'm kinda like that. Off hand, I don't know my public officials. But, I have enough sense to know to look it up, WHEN I NEED TO KNOW.

I think that's the problem with Americans. We may not know things off hand, but when we need to know something, we'll look into it. At least, that's my habits. But damn, that probably makes me look like an ass.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 01:41 AM   #291
CptSternn

Report: In U.S., record numbers are plunged into poverty

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...y_x.htm?csp=34

WASHINGTON (AFP) — The gulf between rich and poor in the United States is yawning wider than ever, and the number of extremely impoverished is at a three-decade high, a report out Saturday found.

Based on the latest available U.S. census data from 2005, the McClatchy Newspapers analysis found that almost 16 million Americans live in "deep or severe poverty" defined as a family of four with two children earning less than 9,903 dollars — one half the federal poverty line figure.

For individuals the "deep poverty" threshold was an income under 5,080 dollars a year.

"The McClatchy analysis found that the number of severely poor Americans grew by 26% from 2000 to 2005," the U.S. newspaper chain reported.

"That's 56% faster than the overall poverty population grew in the same period," it noted.

The surge in poverty comes alongside an unusual economic expansion.

"Worker productivity has increased dramatically since the brief recession of 2001, but wages and job growth have lagged behind. At the same time, the share of national income going to corporate profits has dwarfed the amount going to wages and salaries," the study found.

"That helps explain why the median household income for working-age families, adjusted for inflation, has fallen for five straight years.

"These and other factors have helped push 43% of the nation's 37 million poor people into deep poverty — the highest rate since at least 1975. The share of poor Americans in deep poverty has climbed slowly but steadily over the last three decades," the report said.

It quoted an American Journal of Preventive Medicine study as having found that since 2000, the number of severely poor — far below basic poverty terms — in the United States has grown "more than any other segment of the population."

"That was the exact opposite of what we anticipated when we began," said Steven Woolf of Virginia Commonwealth University, a study co-author.

"We're not seeing as much moderate poverty as a proportion of the population. What we're seeing is a dramatic growth of severe poverty."

U.S. social programs are minimal compared to those of western Europe and Canada. The United States has a population of 301 million, but more than 45 million U.S. citizens have no health insurance.

As stalin said - the key to true control of the masses is the elimination of the middle class. Any wonder bush has quoted stalin in a few key speeches since he took office?
Old 02-25-2007, 01:46 AM   #292
Binkie

Any wonder you're avoiding some of these questions and posts like a diet, Sternn? Like your unhealthy lifestyle, they won't go away by just ignoring them.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Old 02-25-2007, 02:35 PM   #293
raggedyanne

Fir shit's sake sternn!! You don't even live here! Get a life or go plauge china about their atrocious treatment of females in the workplace.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 03:31 PM   #294
Binkie

Hold on, let's get a direct quote from Sternn on this thoughts about China's problems when they were brought up in comparison to the United States':
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
I like China the way it is and think it's brilliant.
That may sound absolutely ridiculous, but that was not sarcasm since he went on to white wash the claims of human rights abuses. Here's the mentality of Sternn: Eugenics programs in Western China, the repression of Muslims in Xinjiang, and incidents like the protests at Tiananmen Square in 1989 are "brilliant," but God help us if the United States government wants to pass laws making it illegal to show close ups of a 7 year old's crotch over the internet. He has a whole thread dedicated towards arguing the latter - equating it to repression.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:00 PM   #295
ArtificialOne

How do we get stern banned form the site?

It's obvious he's just a troll. Do we just keep hitting the report key?

In all fairness to people who actually want to discuss, converse on a topic and even debate it. Stern wants to do none of this. He just wants a platform for blatant anti US views and ideas. I say we should kick him out.

P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 02-25-2007, 11:19 PM   #296
KontanKarite

I would say keep him unless he was making it grossly obvious that he had been posting about nothing but the short comings of Americans. Congrats to all who can mention the short comings of Americans, you are good at stating the obvious.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:31 AM   #297
CptSternn

Actually I just think its hillarious that when I post articles taken from major news wires I'm accused of 'bashing americans', like I wrote it, published it, and posted it here. Of course I'm also probably the reason the poverty rate is growing at the highest rate ever in america as pointed out in the last article. Yes, it's my fault.

I also find it unbelievebly funny that the biggest flag wavers have no comment on said articles and rely on person attacks as some type of retort.

Says something about the arguement when people on the other side can't even form some type of arguement or coherent comments on the topic.

Also funnt that people who haven't even been a member half the number of years I have call me a troll. Yer blow-ins. I was here posting similar articles years before you got here, and will be years after you go away. You can always go back to wherever it was you were before you came to the board where I post.

Heh, I have threads posted throughout this site older than most of the accounts I see here.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:36 AM   #298
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
I would say keep him unless he was making it grossly obvious that he had been posting about nothing but the short comings of Americans. Congrats to all who can mention the short comings of Americans, you are good at stating the obvious.
Actually there is a pattern if you look at the thread.

For example my last post about the huge rise in poverty coinsides with the posts just made about the u.s. economy being very good right now, something I disagreed with and posted the article as evidence. In fact, if you notice, every article I post is in response to a comment posted in the thread. My articles serve as evidence to my response.

Too bad the other side never has any good links or articles in their response - only laughable personal attacks, flames if you will, which at this point they are even just copying from previous posts and quoting, not even trying anymore.

I could once again slide in a comment about how lazy americans are, and use that as evidence, but hey, I'll end with a wink instead...

Old 02-26-2007, 01:40 AM   #299
CptSternn

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialOne
How do we get stern banned form the site?

It's obvious he's just a troll. Do we just keep hitting the report key?

In all fairness to people who actually want to discuss, converse on a topic and even debate it. Stern wants to do none of this. He just wants a platform for blatant anti US views and ideas. I say we should kick him out.
I agree we need a mod here. We need a mod to move this to the WHINING forum. I did of course learn something from this post though which is worth mentioning - I didn't know robots could get sand in their vagina.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:53 AM   #300
nuksaa

I hope you are continuing this fight against poverty in Ireland, considering "poverty levels in Ireland are still among the highest in the EU despite having the second highest GDP in the EU. Read the CSO report New Central Statistics Office (CSO) report."

Other countries have a widening income gap like China and Ireland (read CORI justice commision report "Mind the gap between Rich and poor" - which outlines the success of the Republic but still that gaps grows). The rich are rich for a reason in every country and they desire to continue to be rich. Is it right? How do you cure mankind's greed?